No announcement yet.

A good argument for Siemian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all we know Siemian could be the third or maybe even second best Broncos QB of all time.

For all we know so could Lynch.

Reality? Things are changing. Big changes. Elway is P.O.'d and you see what happens when Elway is angry. I firmly believe both Trevor and Paxton will get a year with the new coach. However, the fact is: a new regime comes with new coaches and players.

This isn't plug and play Madden. I'm sure out of respect to Elway they will retain both QBs to gain a coaches feel of the players. But I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of next year we've got a starter who's not even on the team yet.

Comment

He needs to improve on his footwork and get the lead out of his butt. Whether it's in his head when to move too late or it's a matter of genetics who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
        I don't buy that he's only capable of throwing check downs.
        There have been times this season where I wish he'd have just taken the check down

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
          There have been times this season where I wish he'd have just taken the check down
          You have a good point!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            He's so calm and so in control.

I think it'd go a long way sparking his teammates if he got a little up once in while. I feel like Siemian has the same reaction to a TD as he does a successful root canal.
            Eli Manning is that same way, even Peyton was to an extent

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Eli Manning is that same way, even Peyton was to an extent
              I mean, just once in awhile.

Even Eli lets go. I get it that overdoing it makes it mean less, but IMO there were several times I felt Trevor getting a little excited may have provided a little extra spark to the team. His teammates like playing with and for him, and that's a positive.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                Here's a nice recap of Trevor's season. Music is quite tacky. He made plenty of mistakes too. I don't buy that he's only capable of throwing check downs. No doubt he has areas to improve and not sure if he'll continue as a starter for the Broncos. He has the talent and it will depend on how hard he works and improves.

Wow, the 80's just called and what their music back.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  I mean, just once in awhile.

Even Eli lets go. I get it that overdoing it makes it mean less, but IMO there were several times I felt Trevor getting a little excited may have provided a little extra spark to the team. His teammates like playing with and for him, and that's a positive.
                  That's one reason I love Rodgers. He goes out and plays hard and celebrates with some fire when he scores. I would love a little fire when Siemian throws a dart for a score.
                  Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

At some point I want a qb of the future, if it takes a couple years of not making the playoffs so be it. That may be Lynch or Siemian or someone else. I don't want to keep getting Romo's and Manning's as band aids, I'm ready for another Elway....a Bronco.

Comment

Just to debunk the 'garbage time' myth I've seen floating around:

Those were the QBs with the highest rating in the 4th quarter this season, in one score games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                        Just to debunk the 'garbage time' myth I've seen floating around:

Those were the QBs with the highest rating in the 4th quarter this season, in one score games.
                        Wow, interesting. I'm not sure how this info pans out in the larger context but I'd say that is very respectable company to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                          Whether they had 1k seasons or not, I doubt very seriously DT or Sanders feel good about this year, offensively. I'm throwing out stats and how Kubiak's system is designed. I'm going off of the eye test, and in my eyes he's a lukewarm QB. I watched several games this year and regardless of stats screamed c'mon 13, make a play and he didn't. I've seen several young QBs like Carr, Mariota, Winston, etc threaten defenses with subpar WRs and mediocre offenses. I recently saw a clip of Carr chewing a young WR out for running the original play instead of changing to Carr's audibled fade route. Carr got blasted on the play, but wasn't even mad about the hit, he chewed the WR out because the defense went bump and run with no safety help. Carr said I don't care about the original play, you can beat that guy deep, so I'm throwing the fade for you to win the matchup and probably score. I can't remember how many plays where I saw CBs one on one with DT or even Sanders with no safety help and we didn't test them. I'm not saying we gotta run Peyton's old pass happy offense, but at least make defenses cover the whole field. In several games this year, they did not, IMO out of a lack of respect for Trevor's game.
                          What year was Carr in when you saw this? People expect way too much out of Trevor in his first year playing with one of the worst olines out there.

How was your eye test with Lynch?

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                            I hear you and understand to an extent, but no disrespect to Elway, how in the world do turn a SB defending team over to this guy, knowing your offensive line is sub par. What's done is done and the season is over, but so many people want Siemian in the future because he did better than they thought he would. We don't have time to hope he develops. IMO we needs someone who can get things done or at least roll the dice on someone with the potential to be threatening and that guy doesn't appear to be TS.
                            I don't think they just turned it over to him, he beat out 3 other QBs. Plus they tried for Kaep but failed, who knows what other QBs were on the radar. The teams that win develop their QBs.
                            Just a couple but,
                            Seattle
                            New England
                            Greenbay
                            Oakland
                            Pittsburg

I don't really think QB hopscotch is the way to go, and I doubt it will go that way. If you do that you end up like the Browns or Texans. Trevor IS the starting QB and I'm sure will enter the summer as THE starter. They will probably bring someone in to challenge him and Paxton, they will have a chance to overtake the spot.

Comment

You can tell the coaches like him. I agree about showing some emotions would be nice but it isn't a necessity.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

It's going to be interesting . A new oc and a new playback. Both QBs have the same shot .

Comment

Working...
                                X