X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Those are things he can work on with a private QB coach or on his own. Those are the easy things. The harder things, and what he needs the coaches (whomever they may be) for is reading defenses, and understanding the progressions for pass plays.
    Hopefully the coaching will focus on improving one thing at a time, or at least keep to a couple of areas. Trying to improve everything at the same time doesn't usually work. The new coaches (and any that carry over) might be able to modify the playbook to help him build upon each improvement.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    He also needs to improve his ability to read a defense in a timely NFL manner.
    The majority of rookie QBs need to improve their ability to read defenses quicker in a timely NFL manner.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    What we have seen in the NFL is the most honest look that matters imo.

IMO he is a QB who has the skills but lacks accuracy. He also needs to improve his ability to read a defense in a timely NFL manner.

Those can be fixed but nothing is 100% for sure

It is possible Lynch may not be good enough to start for years.

It is possible Lynch could be good enough in 2017.

It is possible he will never be good enough.

Lot of work needs to be done before we know

and you can tell this by siemian crushing him by 00.5 completion %...lynch couldn't hit a barn, right

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    After Sunday's game Lynch said the following when asked what he needs to work on:

“As a quarterback, you can always work on your footwork and accuracy,” he said. “That’s always been a big thing for me. If there’s one thing I can point out, it’s probably one of those.”
    No surprise here. Draft scouting reports state that footwork was one of his big issues and its clear to see when watching him play.

When rolling out and needing to throw on the run, Lynch can throw some dimes (see 8:46 in video). Its other times thats the issue. When Lynch uses proper footwork and sets his feet, his accuracy, while not always perfect, does greatly improve (see 5:39 in video as well as 6:56 which is a thing of beauty).
    Last edited by kingelway7; 01-03-2017, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    After Sunday's game Lynch said the following when asked what he needs to work on:

“As a quarterback, you can always work on your footwork and accuracy,” he said. “That’s always been a big thing for me. If there’s one thing I can point out, it’s probably one of those.”

We'll get to see the improvement in camp and preseason.
    Those are things he can work on with a private QB coach or on his own. Those are the easy things. The harder things, and what he needs the coaches (whomever they may be) for is reading defenses, and understanding the progressions for pass plays.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

We'll get to see the improvement in camp and preseason.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Lynch's future depends on who the next HC and OC will be and what style of offense they will install. He was drafted to play in Kubiak's type of O which has complexity. Who knows? Less complexity might suit him. If Kyle Shanahan comes to Denver, there would be a certain amount of continuity with a similar system, but it would be equally complex.
    I think he has the skill set to adjust to just about any offense. And the one thing he'll have going for him in learning a new offense, is that he's already learned an NFL offense. Going from what was a fairly simplistic college offense with no huddle, and key words being used for everything, to an offense where he huddles, has to call plays that can be extremely wordy and needs to go through all of the pre snap reads and adjustments, and took snaps from under centre, is a big thing.

It may not be easy to transition from one offense to the next, but he went from reading and interpreting See Spot Run to reading and interpreting a Tale of Two Cities. This adjustment should be much less of an ordeal.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Lynch's future depends on who the next HC and OC will be and what style of offense they will install. He was drafted to play in Kubiak's type of O which has complexity. Who knows? Less complexity might suit him. If Kyle Shanahan comes to Denver, there would be a certain amount of continuity with a similar system, but it would be equally complex.
    This put the team's coaching issue into a larger context and my guess, will be part of the decision making.

Leave a comment:

• RainyTX
    replied
    I don't think that video is valid. It was at this time last year, but Lynch has had a full year of coaching and learning from NFL coaches, working on his weaknesses, trying to improve his strengths and changing how he does a lot of things.

If Lynch is the same QB now as he was during this video, we've got massive problems with our coaching staff.
    The coaching staff = the purple elephant

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I'm a big supporter of Lynch, I think he's the guy, I just didn't watch the video, because I'm not sure those things are valid anymore.

This is a big offseason for him, but I'm sure he has a very good idea (cause he was probably told during the exit interviews) where he needs to get better and what he should be working on while he's doing his own thing from now until April.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I see what you're saying. My point though is that there are a large handful of guys here that say that Lynch sucks and we should have never drafted him. The video is pretty good evidence as to why Elway saw his potential and did draft him - the arm, the mobility, keeping plays alive with his feet, throwing on the move, the toughness to take a shot and keep going, etc. Elway sees a bit of himself in Lynch though Lynch is clearly more raw.

After what we saw this year this year our of the offense, it wouldnt totally shock me if we do have massive problems with the coaching staff.
    I'm a big supporter of Lynch, I think he's the guy, I just didn't watch the video, because I'm not sure those things are valid anymore.

This is a big offseason for him, but I'm sure he has a very good idea (cause he was probably told during the exit interviews) where he needs to get better and what he should be working on while he's doing his own thing from now until April.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    What we have seen in the NFL is the most honest look that matters imo.

IMO he is a QB who has the skills but lacks accuracy. He also needs to improve his ability to read a defense in a timely NFL manner.

Those can be fixed but nothing is 100% for sure

It is possible Lynch may not be good enough to start for years.

It is possible Lynch could be good enough in 2017.

It is possible he will never be good enough.

Lot of work needs to be done before we know

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    I don't think that video is valid. It was at this time last year, but Lynch has had a full year of coaching and learning from NFL coaches, working on his weaknesses, trying to improve his strengths and changing how he does a lot of things.
    I see what you're saying. My point though is that there are a large handful of guys here that say that Lynch sucks and we should have never drafted him. The video is pretty good evidence as to why Elway saw his potential and did draft him - the arm, the mobility, keeping plays alive with his feet, throwing on the move, the toughness to take a shot and keep going, etc. Elway sees a bit of himself in Lynch though Lynch is clearly more raw.

If Lynch is the same QB now as he was during this video, we've got massive problems with our coaching staff.
    After what we saw this year this year our of the offense, it wouldnt totally shock me if we do have massive problems with the coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Dang, get us that wr Anthony Miller, that kid can ball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X