Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    I remember the commemorative figurine:

Helmet should've been glued to the bench, or sold separately.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      I remember the commemorative figurine:

"Choking hazard". Interesting.
      sigpic

Comment

People are still giving this guy their time of day?...

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieMiller31 View Post
          Unfortunately for him, the two Super Bowl teams he was on were caught cheating the salary cap.
          I disagree with this 100%.

I think "cheating the salary cap" is a lazy term used based on ignorance by those who want to hate the Broncos despite not knowing what really happened during those seasons.

By "cheating the salary cap" you would think the Broncos created cap room illegally to build a superior roster. That never happened. Actually, that Broncos roster was considered an underdog to win the Super Bowl. The Broncos never created extra cap by bending the rules.

To help the financing of the new stadium, the Broncos needed relief on cashflow and some players agreed to defer their payment. That does not create extra salary cap. That salary is still counting, you just won't pay as scheduled. The salary cap was a new thing in the NFL at the time and the league did not want to stimulate other teams to defer compensations to players. That's why the Broncos were punished.

The bottom line is that, if you don't pay a certain player on time, deferring that payment to a later date with interest, you are not creating more cap space and gaining a competitive advantage like stealing defensive signals for a game. All the Broncos got from that was a new stadium.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

I think "cheating the salary cap" is a lazy term used based on ignorance by those who want to hate the Broncos despite not knowing what really happened during those seasons.

By "cheating the salary cap" you would think the Broncos created cap room illegally to build a superior roster. That never happened. Actually, that Broncos roster was considered an underdog to win the Super Bowl. The Broncos never created extra cap by bending the rules.

To help the financing of the new stadium, the Broncos needed relief on cashflow and some players agreed to defer their payment. That does not create extra salary cap. That salary is still counting, you just won't pay as scheduled. The salary cap was a new thing in the NFL at the time and the league did not want to stimulate other teams to defer compensations to players. That's why the Broncos were punished.

The bottom line is that, if you don't pay a certain player on time, deferring that payment to a later date with interest, you are not creating more cap space and gaining a competitive advantage like stealing defensive signals for a game. All the Broncos got from that was a new stadium.
            The dude isn't here for what actually happened. That's not his purpose...

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Pretty much. We've been over this a thousand times, but Reggie be trollin from down town.

Comment

TD FOR HOF!!!!
                I can't stand waiting for this potential induction.
                I love TD!!!

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think TD is getting in this year. I just don't see 2 RBs being voted in and LT is a lock to get in.

With that said, TD should be going in this year anyway. He should have already gone in 2-3 years ago.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Terrell Davis is IN according to Mike Klis.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I got my #30 jersey on, And I will go to Canton in August!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        YES!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                          Yes!!! Finally!!!

Comment

• Yes!!!!! TD!!!!! :thumb:
                            sigpic
                            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Working...
                            X