Von Miller to Gary Kubiak: I’ll Keep Doing Your Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller to Gary Kubiak: I’ll Keep Doing Your Work

Very nice tribute with some interesting tidbits in here!

The Broncos’ linebacker pens a tribute to his recently retired coach

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/03/n...kubiak-tribute

WOW, I hope VM does become that leader for us.

Great read.
    sigpic

Comment

Shoot, that was an awesome read. Miller has grown so much from a bit of a punk early on (albeit, an immensely punk) to quite a solid (still talented) one. The best and most surprising part, to me, was this

I didn’t know that much about him two winters ago. I only knew that he had also attended Texas A&M. What I found out very quickly was that he was going to give me the freedom to discover what sort of player and person I could become.
      That is, hands down, one of the most respectful things I have heard in honor of Kubiak. Coming from Miller seems to elevate Kubiak as a coach even more and make it seem that it was more an honor to play for Kubiak than it was for him to coach them purely because of the effect he was able to have on them not just as players but as people.

Comment

Von Miller is just the best.

Thank you, thank you Josh McDummy, for putting our team in such a miserable position that we were able to draft this guy.
        sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
        Sig by: MHS

Comment

Thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
            Very nice tribute with some interesting tidbits in here!

The Broncos’ linebacker pens a tribute to his recently retired coach

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/03/n...kubiak-tribute
            Great Read!

Von has been classy from the time we got him, and it is appropriate to praise Kubes. It is such a pleasure having a great player support his team mates as he did when he paid respect to Tebow after he left and so many people took cheap shots, credited Ware for helping him mature and now with Kubes. It was always clear that it was Kubes that got Plummer playing so well and that players loved playing for him.

Comment

Fantastic read. I'm glad Kubiak was the kind of coach to help Von become the leader he is and the team we were.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Outstanding letter from Von Miller and I hope that quells any further discussion about how Kubiak wasn't that great of a coach.
                Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

That was a great read, Thank You!
                  [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                    Outstanding letter from Von Miller and I hope that quells any further discussion about how Kubiak wasn't that great of a coach.
                    Those that claim he was a bad coach just simply do not understand everything that goes along with being a head coach. You can say he wasn't a good play caller if you want. But that's not the only thing a coach does.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                      Those that claim he was a bad coach just simply do not understand everything that goes along with being a head coach. You can say he wasn't a good play caller if you want. But that's not the only thing a coach does.
                      I wrote this post today in another thread and thought it was relevant here. I have made the statement before about Wade being the one to win the SB and not Kubes..... Here's what I wrote today.

"I have said the same thing before about Wade being the one to win and not Kubes and I must admit that I was wrong. And it wasn't fair.

It is a team sport, and he had just as much a part as any other coach and player.

After reading Von's piece and listening to many others, both here and in other places, I've come to realize how much of a positive impact he had and what he did for our team. His handling of the QB situation was second to none.

I was not thrilled with his playcalling but that was different than him being a HC. He was a great leader who had a huge hand in our SB win. We wouldn't have won without him."
                      Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-04-2017, 07:29 PM.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I remember Daniel Owens saying Kubiak is a such great leader, men would break through walls to play for him.

Comment

Dang...I am feeling like we have watched Von grow into a mature player who will become a leader like say...Ray Lewis?? Too early to know but that letter was very impressive

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                          I remember Daniel Owens saying Kubiak is a such great leader, men would break through walls to play for him.
                          Evan Mathis said last year's team and its personalities would tear apart another head coach.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                          X