X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    One can dream right? I miss that big guy.
    I miss his, "no fly zone... you come in here, you can't do nothing" attitude too.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not that it would ever happen, but just out of curiosity, if he's traded Jacksonville would save $7.5 million against the cap and Jackson's cap number would be $15.5 million for his new team. Not that Jacksonville needs any room, they currently sit at $64.7 million in cap room.
    One can dream right? I miss that big guy.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Trade for Malik Jackson.

Jk, but that would be awesome.
    Not that it would ever happen, but just out of curiosity, if he's traded Jacksonville would save $7.5 million against the cap and Jackson's cap number would be $15.5 million for his new team. Not that Jacksonville needs any room, they currently sit at $64.7 million in cap room.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Trade for Malik Jackson.

Jk, but that would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Cap space top-line - $40 million with increase 2016-2017, $50 million if we don't pickup Okung's option.

As Butler byNote commented there is a chance we could see Schofield at left tackle. I agree with this as he played solid filling in for Okung.

I think we should sign Walker to a 1-2 year deal if he wants to stay in Denver. Walker was poised to backfill Malik's role. He did a nice job in rotation in 2015.

Hopefully we can find a next level NT.

Besides the line I think we need to look at ILB. Marshall was injured for the last stretch of the season - I think he'll be better next season. Reuben Foster probabky won't be available at #20 but would like to see him on our defense.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    If we didn't pay Malik I cant imagine us paying short or poe if they were free agents.

Denver doesn't have the free agent and cap issues they had last year. I'm not sure they're going to sign high priced players, but they have the potential to this year, last year they didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Would anybody object to going out and signing Brandon Williams to play nose tackle?

I guess that might be besides the point because we don't even know if this defense is still going to feature a nose tackle in 2017.
    The defense will have a nose tackle, it's just a matter of whether it's a 1 technique (which they currently use and a base 4-3 would use) or if it would be a 0 technique (head up on the centre, which a true 2 gap 3-4 defense would use), 0 techniques who are good are hard to find, so they're valuable and will get big contracts. 1 techniques are a little easier to find, and get for more modest contracts.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    If we didn't pay Malik I cant imagine us paying short or poe if they were free agents.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    I heard a rumor we were gonna make a run at Kawan Short in FA if the Panthers don't tag him.

Outside of O-line there really isn't any where we can throw money at on offense. We already have at the money positions with DT, Sanders, and CJ Anderson.
    Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 01-06-2017, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I hate to say it but its true. Our Run D was just awful. It really was our weakest link. I really hope we draft D line and middle Linebackers and address o line in free aency. No more drafting crappy o line like Sambraillo and Scholfied.
    Would anybody object to going out and signing Brandon Williams to play nose tackle?

I guess that might be besides the point because we don't even know if this defense is still going to feature a nose tackle in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I am not of the general consensus that Schofield is crappy. His first season was pretty bad but this he played pretty well at OG and wasn't horrible in his limited reps at OT either. He improved a lot so far since he was drafted.

As far as the draft goes...imo, it's much easier to find a decent Dlineman in FA than an Olineman. Dline often rotate but Oline play every snap. I am on board for drafting Oline first...if talent is there. On the Dline, both Sly and Walker are FA and they may not re-sign either of them so that may become a huge need.

As far as the Dline goes...it may come down to who the DC and HC are. That very well might change what kind of players we need.
    STOP these logical posts....the OP may go crazy Well said and I completely agree. There is also the potential off-season progress of Peko.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I hate to say it but its true. Our Run D was just awful. It really was our weakest link. I really hope we draft D line and middle Linebackers and address o line in free aency. No more drafting crappy o line like Sambraillo and Scholfied.
    I am not of the general consensus that Schofield is crappy. His first season was pretty bad but this he played pretty well at OG and wasn't horrible in his limited reps at OT either. He improved a lot so far since he was drafted.

As far as the draft goes...imo, it's much easier to find a decent Dlineman in FA than an Olineman. Dline often rotate but Oline play every snap. I am on board for drafting Oline first...if talent is there. On the Dline, both Sly and Walker are FA and they may not re-sign either of them so that may become a huge need.

As far as the Dline goes...it may come down to who the DC and HC are. That very well might change what kind of players we need.

Leave a comment:

• SaltySnipes
    started a topic Still think D line is worse -

Still think D line is worse -

Working...
X