Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record for teams that lost to the Broncos the previous week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It's not just losing to a team. It's the style of play that team brings. When you play a defense as physical as ours and seattle's it can be tough to recover within one week.
    I think a better example is how Balt and Pitt beat teams up when they had physical teams not long ago.

Seattle is the best example we have now.

Sometimes an offense can beat a defense up with big OL and a run game.

IMO another way a team can beat a team two weeks in a row is by exposing flaws in team design or player talent. Though not always does the next team played have the coaches or players to take advantage of these flaws.

For example I think the GB tailspin in 2015 was due to us showing people that there was not longer a need to respect the GB passing game like in the past. Other teams did not have the players to shut them down like we did but we showed that there was no reason to fear the GB passing game....really until past midseason this year.

Leave a comment:

• KAPA
    replied
    Yeah that's the thing. The way our D beats teams up, and how we won especially last year, it seems tough for teams to get over.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    I don't think losing to the Broncos has a greater affect than losing to any other team.

Correlation does not equal causation, unless you can show that teams had more injuries vs the Broncos than against any other team.
    It's not just losing to a team. It's the style of play that team brings. When you play a defense as physical as ours and seattle's it can be tough to recover within one week.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I don't think losing to the Broncos has a greater affect than losing to any other team.

Correlation does not equal causation, unless you can show that teams had more injuries vs the Broncos than against any other team.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by KAPA View Post
    Anyone have this info handy. As I sit here watching the Raiders get beat by the Broncos for the second week in a row, it got me wondering over the last few years what is the record for teams the week after losing to Denver?

I first thought about this last year after the Pats lost to Philly the week after we beat them. You could tell it was a hangover from our game with them. I think it really says something about how you demoralize a team when you beat them and they can't right the ship. Losing to the Broncos literally means a double loss most of the time like it seems the Raiders are about to experience today.

Anyone got the stats for this?
    Sounds like what happened to the Broncos after losing to the Chiefts at home. Three losses after that game. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The Saints lost to the Panthers the next game after they lost to the Broncos.

The Jaguars lost to the Vikings the week after they lost to the Broncos.

I think that's it except for today's game.

Leave a comment:

• KAPA
    replied
    Yeah, last year im pretty sure every team lost the week after we beat them.

This year, I cant think of any either.

To me that is a very telling stat.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by KAPA View Post
    Anyone have this info handy. As I sit here watching the Raiders get beat by the Broncos for the second week in a row, it got me wondering over the last few years what is the record for teams the week after losing to Denver?

I first thought about this last year after the Pats lost to Philly the week after we beat them. You could tell it was a hangover from our game with them. I think it really says something about how you demoralize a team when you beat them and they can't right the ship. Losing to the Broncos literally means a double loss most of the time like it seems the Raiders are about to experience today.

I don't have the stats but I know GB went into a tailspin after we beat them last year. Or so it seemed.

Leave a comment:

• Record for teams that lost to the Broncos the previous week?

Working...
X