Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Interesting Stats about our running game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Interesting Stats about our running game.

Shows how inneficient we were on the right side especially.Interestingly Denver and Atlanta were two of the worst.Considering Kyle Shanahan looks like coming to Denver.

http://www.unconventionalstats.com/s...tive-rush-rate

Running behind Schofield and Stephenson. No surprise there. To make it even worse, there were times when Sambrailo was the RT. I imagine the right side also is the "bad side" of the Falcons OL with Chris Chester and Ryan Schraeder compared to the left side with Jake Matthews and Andy Levitre.
    sigpic

Comment

There are a couple of things these stats don't account for. The first is the distribution by game for the entire season. With CJ Anderson and Andy Janovich healthy through the first 7 games the Broncos averaged 112 rush yards/game. Following CJ's injury in the 7th game the run production dropped to 70 yards/game. We know that Stephenson and Sambrailo played poorly however Booker was part of the problem especially on the right side. He did not read the blocks and consistently ran into the lineman. One of the articles in MHR had several plays as examples where the line blocked and Booker did not cut back - he stayed to the outside. From what I've read his tendency is to keep looking outside.

The stats are interesting and validate what we watched many times. I'm optimistic Elway will address the need at RT during FA and/or the draft.

Comment

Atlanta smeared us with their offense.
        I want some of that.

Comment

Plus we played some stout defenses this year and isn't the right side where a team's best DE comes from? We also had a rookie FB and RB with Booker. Once CJ was out, you can see the game was too fast for Booker, you can see him getting stuck because he was thinking to long to find an opening. Hopefully, that will change in the next year or two.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
            Shows how inneficient we were on the right side especially.Interestingly Denver and Atlanta were two of the worst.Considering Kyle Shanahan looks like coming to Denver.

http://www.unconventionalstats.com/s...tive-rush-rate
            Big difference with Atlanta is they were able to use the short passing game to RBs

Everyone has herd the short passing game is an extension of the run game by this point I assume

Kyle strength in being considered for a HC job is his offensive design work....being able to work with what he has.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
              Plus we played some stout defenses this year and isn't the right side where a team's best DE comes from? We also had a rookie FB and RB with Booker. Once CJ was out, you can see the game was too fast for Booker, you can see him getting stuck because he was thinking to long to find an opening. Hopefully, that will change in the next year or two.
              not necessarily. Many times they are on the left. sometimes they flip flop during the game. There is no set way defenses play their best DE/OLB
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X