Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Staff

So aside from both coordinator positions, i'm really interested in the assistant coaches Vance may hire, in particular with the offensive line coach.
    So like in the other coaching threads, let's post all the assistant coach speculation and hirings on here.
    Last edited by Bterres105; 01-11-2017, 10:26 PM.

im hearing that jeremiah washburn is a very strong candidate for offensive line coach. Radio speculation at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      im hearing that jeremiah washburn is a very strong candidate for offensive line coach. Radio speculation at this point.
      Just reading up about him, was the Lions o-line coach from 2013-15, was fired by them and ended up going with his father to Miami. Jim Washburn (the father) was the Dolphins assistant d-line coach. Jeremiah Washburn was the Dolphins assistant o-line coach.

Not sure if they'd come as a pair. Not sure I'm inspired by either.

Comment

I'm hearing Knapp, Studesville, and Tolbert may stay because of familiarity with McCoy. Barone tight ends coach again?

Comment

Just read there's a good chance Joe DeCamillis is back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
            Just read there's a good chance Joe DeCamillis is back as well.
            Is it wrong that I hope this is false?

Comment

No, he's garbage!

Comment

I would not mind seeing Dennison go back to OL. He always did well there under Shanahan.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                  I would not mind seeing Dennison go back to OL. He always did well there under Shanahan.
                  Agree he did seem to have a solid grasp of Gibbs zone scheme didn't he.

Comment

Don't the coordinators have a say in who their assistant coaches will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      Just reading up about him, was the Lions o-line coach from 2013-15, was fired by them and ended up going with his father to Miami. Jim Washburn (the father) was the Dolphins assistant d-line coach. Jeremiah Washburn was the Dolphins assistant o-line coach.

I agree with you I'm not inspired by either in fact I hope that it's all just speculation.

As for the people that are looking at Rick Denison for offensive line coach, I'm going to completely disagree with you guys and the reason for that is if Rick Denison was moved to offensive line coach and offensive line actually started doing well, I would be so upset that they didn't do this last season.

Gary Kubiak would still have a job and the Broncos will be in the playoffs right now, Wade would still be our defensive coordinator. I do not want Denison on this team, not moved to offensive line coach, not moved to any position on this team.

Also a lot of people want to credit Clancy Baronne for the emergence of Julius Thomas but what happened with Virgil green during that same era?

Clancy Baronne may have been a good tight ends Coach but he could not get his tight ends to block to save their own lives. I don't want Clancy Brown on this team either I think there are two very guilty culprits from the team last season and that's Rick Dennison and Clancy Baronne.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I really don't want to end up with a team fill of Dolphins rejects. This was my main concern with Joseph in that he wouldn't have the connections yet to bring in a legitimately stellar group of coaches.

I really hope this tide turns.
                        sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                        Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                          I really don't want to end up with a team fill of Dolphins rejects. This was my main concern with Joseph in that he wouldn't have the connections yet to bring in a legitimately stellar group of coaches.

I really hope this tide turns.
                          Oh believe me, he has the inside scoop on the league. He was set to bring Todd Downing in from Oakland to be his offensive coordinator but as soon as the raiders got wind of this they promoted him and released musgrave.

Joseph reached out to Downing and it was Downing Who then informed the Raiders of his possible departure to which they responded with a promotion for him.

I know it is a long shot but I'd actually like to see both McCoy and Musgrave in here. Offensive coordinator and Quarterbacks coach, however that is unlikely,

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Don't know much about him. Has some good stats in his Dolphin's bio at least:

Washburn spent the past seven years (2009-15) working with the offensive line for the Detroit Lions. He joined the Lions staff in 2009 as an assistant offensive line coach and was promoted to offensive line coach in 2013.

The 2014 Detroit Lions won 11 games, the most in a single season for the franchise since 1991. Washburn’s offensive line helped protect quarterback Matthew Stafford, who earned Pro Bowl honors by directing the 12th-rated passing offense in the NFL (251.9 yards per game). The offensive line was forced to use seven different starting lineup combinations due to injuries and Washburn helped develop two rookie offensive linemen, tackle Cornelius Lucas and guard Travis Swanson. Swanson started four games and was voted the team’s Rookie of the Year by the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association.

In 2013, Washburn’s first year as the Lions’ offensive line coach, he helped a unit that returned just two starters rank second in the league in fewest sacks allowed (23). Detroit also finished second in sacks per pass play (3.5 percent) and tied for first in percentage of negative offensive plays (6.9 percent). The unit allowed zero or one sack in 11 games and allowed two or fewer sacks in 14 games. On Nov. 28, 2013, the Lions rushed for 241 yards against Green Bay, the club’s most in a single game since Oct. 12, 1997.

Comment

All I really want is a new OL coach and Wade to stay as DC....really as long as the OL coach is new I am willing to trust Elway on everything else.

Not going to get excited (one way or another) about anything until we officially announce the staff
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X