Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching Staff

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    With Rick Dennison hired as the Bills OC, another scenario I can see happening is Jay Cutler going to Buffalo. He was a Pro Bowl QB in 2008 when Dennison was the Broncos OC, he would know that system from the 3 seasons he spent in Denver and he has that rocket arm to play in bad weather.
    I could see him being the fallback plan in San Francisco. If Kirk Cousins isn't in play there, I could see San Fran signing Cutler short term, and then drafting a QB to groom for a year or two.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      I could see him being the fallback plan in San Francisco. If Kirk Cousins isn't in play there, I could see San Fran signing Cutler short term, and then drafting a QB to groom for a year or two.
      This is most likely especially if Shanahan takes the niners job. The bills seem likely to be financially strapped down to Taylor rather they like it or not.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Greg Knapp was the voice in the QBs on the radio with the plays. From my understanding as an OC without play calling duties Dennison would have helped compile the game plan each week, would be the main voice in practice with the offense, staying there and overseeing so that Kubiak could go elsewhere as needed. And then on game days would be the eye in the sky, look for things on the defense and then give Kubiak feedback on what the defense was doing and what might work (if the offense could execute).
        Thanks.....

        Comment


        • So any word on a TE coach yet

          Comment


          • Geep Chryst will be the TEs coach, according to Alex Marvez. Chryst worked with Mike McCoy in Carolina. He was the 49ers' OC in 2015.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
              Geep Chryst will be the TEs coach, according to Alex Marvez. Chryst worked with Mike McCoy in Carolina. He was the 49ers' OC in 2015.
              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geep_Chryst

              Haha according to Wikipedia he already is LOL

              Comment


              • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                Geep Chryst will be the TEs coach, according to Alex Marvez. Chryst worked with Mike McCoy in Carolina. He was the 49ers' OC in 2015.
                Any notable players he's coached as position coach? This hire is really under the radar and unimpressive like the other hires.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                  This is most likely especially if Shanahan takes the niners job. The bills seem likely to be financially strapped down to Taylor rather they like it or not.
                  Not true. They have a team option to pick up the rest of his contract. His contract was similar to Okung's with us. One year, but if you pick up the team option, then you're stuck for a few years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    Geep Chryst will be the TEs coach, according to Alex Marvez. Chryst worked with Mike McCoy in Carolina. He was the 49ers' OC in 2015.
                    Another former OC added to the staff.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                      Not true. They have a team option to pick up the rest of his contract. His contract was similar to Okung's with us. One year, but if you pick up the team option, then you're stuck for a few years.
                      Its all dependant on his physical which Taylor seems determined to fail making them obligated to pay him. If they cut him to can only imagine the poop storm they would face with the players association.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        Its all dependant on his physical which Taylor seems determined to fail making them obligated to pay him. If they cut him to can only imagine the poop storm they would face with the players association.
                        I think they rework the contract and he returns to Buffalo for at least 1 more year, he's got experience in the offense and the Broncos tried to sign him right after Kubiak came here, which shows that they (Dennison) probably feel they can work with him.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X