Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Broncos moved to a different city, would you still be a fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never happen, we're not fickle like charger fans.....but to answer the question, depends. If they moved somewhere warm, I'd just move there and continue to be a fan. If they moved somewhere stupid like Kansas or Utah, then, no.

Comment

No, I wouldn't.

I root for the Broncos because I love football, and I was born & raised in Denver. If Denver were to move, I would feel slighted and thus my desire to root for them gone. I would find another team to root for, until another team came to or founded in Denver.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
        Never happen, we're not fickle like charger fans.....but to answer the question, depends. If they moved somewhere warm, I'd just move there and continue to be a fan. If they moved somewhere stupid like Kansas or Utah, then, no.

It could definitely happen. Anything is possible.

Comment

To the OP, if I were in your situation I would probably investigate other opportunities on how to spend my free time. Living in Socal those opportunities are quite numerous and may be more rewarding as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IMissMarty View Post
            I consider myself a die hard fan. I stick with the team and show up to the games whether they are winning or losing. Heck, I went to every home game the year they went 1-15 in 2000. We do have many die hards like me in our city who I would put up against any fans in football. But unfortunately, to your point, there are not enough of us. For the most part, when the team is winning, the fans show up in droves. When they are losing, they do not show up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even when the Broncos are horrible, you guys still pack the stadium on gameday. So yes, I wish we had more diehards like you have in Denver.

That being said, I don't think the fanbase is the reason that the team is leaving. It is because Spanos wanted public funds to build his stadium, and the city stood up to him and told him to F off. I cannot blame folks here for doing that, If Spanos had really wanted to find a way here, he would have.
            You're probably right. I'm not close to the action... Amazing that the league is going to allow this.
            Probably some power-play to move chess pieces around, put a team in London, then wham! San Diego gets a football team again.

Comment

Originally posted by IMissMarty View Post
              Even though you are bashing my team, I cannot disagree with you. The team has been horribly mismanaged over the past decade. For the owner to move the team from a city that loves them, to a city that does not even want them, is ridiculous. Unfortunately, the fans don't matter. It's all about what makes the owner the most money. I suppose the reason I am staying a fan is because I am a fan of the team itself and the players, not the front office staff.

Yes, we have a horrible ownership group. But I cannot hate the Chargers because of the horrible ownership. One day, the current owner will be dead and gone. But the Chargers will live on long afterwards.
              Great perspective!

I became a Bronco fan when living in Denver and it grew whenever I was there. I love Colorado - that and Orange Sunday makes things special. I have loved the trip from the Elway days through especially the Plummer and Tebow years, been fascinated with the level of offense with Manning and the level of defense now. It would be hard not to still be a Bronco fan, but I would shift into focussing more on being a football fan than a Bronco fan.

I love the game and the organisation, but a lot og the love would be lost if they moved.

Comment

Working...
              X