Connor McGovern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connor McGovern

Any news on this guy? With the offseason tilted towards fixing the Oline (I hope) any idea why he didn't play?

The season is over, the players have dispersed, not sure we want any news on any players, because if we get it at this point, it's either because they've undergone surgery, or they've done something stupid to get in the news.

My guess is we won't hear anything about him until OTAs start in April. And then at that point it will be up to him to win a job under the new coaching staff. Working for or against him is that the coaches will have no idea if he can play or not.

Comment

He will get a clean slate with completely new coaches. New OC, new OL coach. Even the assistant OL coach has changed. He looks like a strong guy and this offense may feature a man-blocking scheme with more power football. Now it's up to him. Unless he is a starter, he will have to learn to play other positions across the OL to be active on game day. Maybe that's why he was not part of the rotation as a rookie.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        He will get a clean slate with completely new coaches. New OC, new OL coach. Even the assistant OL coach has changed. He looks like a strong guy and this offense may feature a man-blocking scheme with more power football. Now it's up to him. Unless he is a starter, he will have to learn to play other positions across the OL to be active on game day. Maybe that's why he was not part of the rotation as a rookie.
        He was doing that last year, practicing at Guard and Center. I really don't know where he fits in. I'm hoping that the staff plans to tear the line down and rebuild it.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Strongest player on the team. One would think the shift in offensive philosophy would suit him well. Up to him to prove he is a player and not just a workout warrior.

Comment

Well-the guy that I was hoping would be available for us at #20, OG Quenton Nelson of Notre Dame, is staying in college rather than declaring for the NFL draft. I still like the idea of grabbing a Guard at #20. If not then I hope McGovern is ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              Well-the guy that I was hoping would be available for us at #20, OG Quenton Nelson of Notre Dame, is staying in college rather than declaring for the NFL draft. I still like the idea of grabbing a Guard at #20. If not then I hope McGovern is ready to go.
              what you really should be hoping is that Paradis is ready to go. If not, that opens up a huge hole that McGovern or garcia may need to fill.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                what you really should be hoping is that Paradis is ready to go. If not, that opens up a huge hole that McGovern or garcia may need to fill.
                I don't even want to think about Paradis not being ready to go.

Comment

Extend Okung, sign Ron Leary and Rickey Wagner in FA.

Comment

I'd give him every chance to win a starting job, I think Garcia is going to take a massive step forward in his development as we go to a power scheme and I'd also sign Larry Warford and Byron Bell both are excellent run blockers and will kick start our running game

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                      Extend Okung, sign Ron Leary and Rickey Wagner in FA.
                      Russell Okung has a contract in place that Denver must exercise their option to activate. It would sign him to the next four years at 11 to 12 million $ per year. I think the deadline for the decision is in March. They need to decide if he's worth it, and they have sufficient information to make that judgment. If not, Russell will be an UFA again, and another team would probably outbid Denver. It will be interesting to see what happens.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                        I'd give him every chance to win a starting job, I think Garcia is going to take a massive step forward in his development as we go to a power scheme and I'd also sign Larry Warford and Byron Bell both are excellent run blockers and will kick start our running game
                        In the event Matt Paradis isn't ready, it is a possibility that Max Garcia could move to Center.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Russell Okung has a contract in place that Denver must exercise their option to activate. It would sign him to the next four years at 11 to 12 million $ per year. I think the deadline for the decision is in March. They need to decide if he's worth it, and they have sufficient information to make that judgment. If not, Russell will be an UFA again, and another team would probably outbid Denver. It will be interesting to see what happens.
                          It's also possible they cut Okung and the re-sign him to a cheaper contract.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            In the event Matt Paradis isn't ready, it is a possibility that Max Garcia could move to Center.
                            Considering that Paradis' injuries require the unusual scoping of both hips, with a long and difficult period of recovery and rehabilitation, Paradis is looking at the PUP list, at best, to start training camp. With Ferentz listed at 285 lbs, I doubt if he fits into the Broncos future. We also have Sam Brenner, Dillon Day and Reese Dismukes on the roster who are listed as Centers.

Comment

Don't forget James Ferentz
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                              X