Connor McGovern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
    I like where your head is at on this; gosh, I hope you're right about Garcia... That dude needs to get stronger. All I ever saw was that dude getting pushed back in the pocket.
    I don't think strength is tyhe issue. It's more technique, experience, and better play from the entire Oline as a unit.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      I don't think strength is tyhe issue. It's more technique, experience, and better play from the entire Oline as a unit.
      Not that I don't disagree BSB2010 - at least on the technique; however, that dude would get straight up bull rushed and lose his 1-on-1 match up. That is definitely strength and leverage. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        If Paradis can't recover I think there's a chance they bump Garcia to C to replace him. And I think Sam said that McGovern repped at C this year in practice.
        Yes, and he played Center in one of the preseason games. Versatility is usually cultivated by O-Line coaches.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
          Not that I don't disagree BSB2010 - at least on the technique; however, that dude would get straight up bull rushed and lose his 1-on-1 match up. That is definitely strength and leverage. IMO
          Max Garcia is a better run blocker than pass blocker.

Run blocking is about strength and technique. Zone blocking is lateral to leverage to second level. Zone blocking challenges the conditioning of a defensive front more than its toughness. Angle blocking is all about locating your guy and firing off the ball to smack him as hard and quickly as possible staying on the block as long as necessary. Pullers are the ones who can do the most damage to a front seven defender.

Pass blocking is passive. The O-Lineman sets up and lets the pass rusher come to him. Only then does he get to make contact and punch. It's a balancing act of agility and quickness requiring light feet. The best pass blockers I ever saw in person didn't have big feet. They should list shoe size along with hand size.

Most of Max Garcia's blown pass protections were against stunts and blitzes where he seemed confused about whom to pick up. He was out-quicked a number of times as well. He drove his guy back on run plays more often than he was successfully bull rushed. It's funny how certain visual images just stick in one's mind.

Comment

Whatever happens with McGovern I just hope I never have to see Garcia or Stephenson start again. I still wonder why we never saw McGovern when the line was struggling so bad. He couldn't have been worse than Garcia....no way.
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
              What about bringing back Clady on the cheap? Obviously we would need a contingency plan due to his long injury history (same can be said if Okung is back), but he knows McCoy's offense and would likely be cheaper than Okung.
              Hmmm... post an article that states at the end ""should find plenty of takers in free agency"

Then follow that up with a comment like "bring him back on the cheap"

Why would Clady sign for cheap with the team that traded him when he refused to take a paycut??? Especially if it's likely he has other teams interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                Hmmm... post an article that states at the end ""should find plenty of takers in free agency"

Then follow that up with a comment like "bring him back on the cheap"

Why would Clady sign for cheap with the team that traded him when he refused to take a paycut??? Especially if it's likely he has other teams interested.
                While I agree he likely won't co.e back here, I don't see him making a lot of money given his injury history
                Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                  While I agree he likely won't co.e back here, I don't see him making a lot of money given his injury history
                  Good point, but he'll likely still be paid more than we'd be willing to give up for him. A lot of bad o-lines out there

Comment

I did not read through the entire thread, but given that Ben Garland is the starting center for the Atlanta Falcons in the SuperBowl maybe it is fair to question the coaching staff on the o-line over the last couple years?

Does anyone else think the new chop blocking rules are having a negative effect on the zone blocking scheme? Seattle struggled on their o-line quite a bit just like the Broncos, but then Atlanta was dynamite. Granted, the Falcons have some dynamic playmakers in the backfield and a good QB.

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                      I did not read through the entire thread, but given that Ben Garland is the starting center for the Atlanta Falcons in the SuperBowl maybe it is fair to question the coaching staff on the o-line over the last couple years?

Does anyone else think the new chop blocking rules are having a negative effect on the zone blocking scheme? Seattle struggled on their o-line quite a bit just like the Broncos, but then Atlanta was dynamite. Granted, the Falcons have some dynamic playmakers in the backfield and a good QB.
                      Mack is the starting center for the falcons...

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post

Denver's 2016 O-Line had difficulty cut blocking back side pursuit. They missed a bunch of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X