Trevor Siemian Season Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Siemian Season Highlights

I found these videos on youtube. I didn't come up with the titles, that is from the videos. You can almost call these o-line highlights because these highlights are the ones that gave Trevor some time to make his read(s) and make his throws.

Trevor Siemian - The Future of the Denver Broncos

Trevor Siemian Full Broncos Highlights

Today Sports - Vance Joseph - Who Starts: Siemian or Lynch? | Brocnos head coach Vance Joseph

In this one, you can see how little time he had, where he was just throwing it as he got hit.
    Trevor Siemian Mic'd Up Displays Leadership During Season Finale vs. Raiders

I know there are a lot of Siemian naysayers out there, but I have to believe that when the coaches see these highlights they have to feel a little bit better about Siemian. I know these are just his highlights and I know he had some bad games, but it was his first year starting and he finished in front of some name QBs (1st pick QBs). In the mic'd up video, you can tell he is just a little timid in the leadership role but it has to be intimidating in to be in that position when you are not the chosen one, but I think he will mature into a good leader with a couple more years under his belt. I hope he wins the competition for the team starter next year.
    Last edited by haciendadad; 01-18-2017, 07:33 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Excited to see how he does as our starter for the next several years.

Comment

Coaches don't care about highlights (every player has highlights) they care about the regular plays, the 3rd and 5 play where you were able to gain 6 by making a good decision and then throw. Being able to get through the reads quickly and make the correct decision fast enough to get the ball to the player and convert a play.

To put it in perspective teams are usually going to get somewhere in the neighbourhood of 75-80 offensive plays per game, it's not what you did on the 5 that make the highlights, it's what you did in the other 70 that allowed your team the chance to get the W.

And that's true of ANY player not just the QB. I'm not sure there's any player on this offense that should feel their job is safe right now.

Comment

I haven't watched the video yet but I this should be a short highlight.... lol jk

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Coaches don't care about highlights (every player has highlights) they care about the regular plays, the 3rd and 5 play where you were able to gain 6 by making a good decision and then throw. Being able to get through the reads quickly and make the correct decision fast enough to get the ball to the player and convert a play.

To put it in perspective teams are usually going to get somewhere in the neighbourhood of 75-80 offensive plays per game, it's not what you did on the 5 that make the highlights, it's what you did in the other 70 that allowed your team the chance to get the W.

And that's true of ANY player not just the QB. I'm not sure there's any player on this offense that should feel their job is safe right now.
          Sanders
          DT
          Derby
          Paradis
          Lynch
          Siemian
          Booker

I think they are all pretty safe.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
            Sanders
            DT
            Derby
            Paradis
            Lynch
            Siemian
            Booker

They shouldn't feel that way, the offense massively underperformed and there are new coaches who will want to take the offense in a different direction.

Siemian/Lynch-Well one of them won't even be a starter and since the HC promised an open competition, neither should feel safe about having that job.
            Derby-Isn't a starter, and has caught 16 career catches, not sure why he'd feel safe?
            Paradis-He's having surgery on both hips (which were flagged as a chronic problem at the combine) and may not participate in any offseason work, and they're moving to an offense he might not be suited for.
            Booker-Isn't a starter and didn't play well, he won't be cut, but the point is feeling safe as a STARTER
            Sanders and Thomas are about as close to being safe as anyone can be, but if you start feeling safe, that's when you lose your job.

There shouldn't be one player, starter or otherwise, who feels like they're safe on this offense, they should all be working as if they have to go all out just to make the team.

Comment

We don't give DT or sanders enough credit for getting wide open.

Comment

They shouldn't feel that way, the offense massively underperformed and there are new coaches who will want to take the offense in a different direction.

Siemian/Lynch-Well one of them won't even be a starter and since the HC promised an open competition, neither should feel safe about having that job.
                Derby-Isn't a starter, and has caught 16 career catches, not sure why he'd feel safe?
                Paradis-He's having surgery on both hips (which were flagged as a chronic problem at the combine) and may not participate in any offseason work, and they're moving to an offense he might not be suited for.
                Booker-Isn't a starter and didn't play well, he won't be cut, but the point is feeling safe as a STARTER
                Sanders and Thomas are about as close to being safe as anyone can be, but if you start feeling safe, that's when you lose your job.

There shouldn't be one player, starter or otherwise, who feels like they're safe on this offense, they should all be working as if they have to go all out just to make the team.
                My point was they should all be with the Broncos next season, and all have a pretty good chance at starting with the Broncos next season, obviously Siemian/Lynch will compete so only one will start unless a switch is made during the season. Yes Derby hasn't been here much but was one of the positive parts of the O since arriving. I think its possible to feel safe while also working hard to improving and have a positive impact with the team. Being insecure and worrying about your job could even have a negative impact on your performance.

Comment

My point was they should all be with the Broncos next season, and all have a pretty good chance at starting with the Broncos next season, obviously Siemian/Lynch will compete so only one will start unless a switch is made during the season. Yes Derby hasn't been here much but was one of the positive parts of the O since arriving. I think its possible to feel safe while also working hard to improving and have a positive impact with the team. Being insecure and worrying about your job could even have a negative impact on your performance.
                  I understand. But my point is that I want every single member of the offense to take 2016 personally. I want them to work hard this offseason, treat the offseason like Shannon Sharpe said he treated every workout (I'm paraphrasing): Every workout you skip, there's someone out there who's going to try and take your job, who's going to put the work in.

Comment

Sanders
                    DT
                    Derby
                    Paradis
                    Lynch
                    Siemian
                    Booker

I like Derby, I think there is so real potential there. Even if he's a Belicheck product.

Comment

Right! Coaches only care about the stats/non-stats it takes for you to confirm your biases.

sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                      Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                        Right! Coaches only care about the stats/non-stats it takes for you to confirm your biases.

Which bias? I've said several times this offseason that it's an open competition (as the coaches have said) and I really have no horse in the race. I don't know what the offense will look like so I can't choose which QB I think will be better.

But coaches won't be swayed by 5 or 6 plays per game, they want to see every other play and how you handle yourself in the non highlight plays.

That's just common sense.

Comment

This article was on Mile High Report - breaks down 12 deep throws. Each throw has a gif and analysis.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1...-deep-throwing

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            This article was on Mile High Report - breaks down 12 deep throws. Each throw has a gif and analysis.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/1...-deep-throwing
                            Good article, and a good look at each pass.

Comment

Good article, and a good look at each pass.
                              Excited to see how McCoy and Musgrave can help Trevor and Paxton.

Comment

Working...
                              X