Trevor Siemian Season Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    All the teams you mentioned in the last paragraph have franchise QBs Carr being the youngest. We have seen Rodgers Brady big Ben and Ryan play at high levels behind poor offensive lines. The thing that has given those teams consistent success and will give the raiders consistent success is their franchise QB. Not the line. We all seen how Oakland became a drastically different team without Carr. We can try to Alex smith this thing but unless we have an epic defensive run again we will go nowhere in the playoffs.

Also take a look at daks highlights and then compare to trevors. Its not like dak just sits there with 10 seconds to throw each and every play. He doesn't just throw to wide open receivers and check down for the safest pass he trust his arm he trust his receivers to make plays and he executes. He also shows progress from week 1-17.
    Didn't we hold Aaron Rodgers to 70 yards passing last year because of their terrible O-line and our defense blowing it up?

Yet your argument is that he should have risen above that since he's Aaron Rodgers? No QBs succeed behind very poor olines and no running game unless they're absolutely Hall of famers, and many non-hall of fame qb's win super bowls. So I don't think that's a big deal here.

Too many people expect entirely way too much from the QB position, let alone a rookie QB. It makes me sad to think that when we eventually do have a franchise QB again, these same people will be slamming them for not carrying the team to the Super Bowl every year.
    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
      Maybe Jimmy G will start over Brady next year, too early too call?
      This was an epic troll. Good work m8
      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
      Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
        If there were physical limitations (lack of athleticism or "rag arm"), or intellectual limitations with Siemian, I would agree. Siemian has a good arm, and he's smart. Lynch has slightly better athleticism, a better arm, but from what I saw in two games, and extrapolating forward, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say he doesn't have it upstairs. The good news for Lynch is that we have two guys in McCoy and Musgrave who can get it turned around, if anyone can.

Should be very interesting going forward.
        I think that is underselling Lynch's skill set. Questioning his intellect is absolutely fair, but he is a special athletic talent... even by NFL standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
          Didn't we hold Aaron Rodgers to 70 yards passing last year because of their terrible O-line and our defense blowing it up?

Yet your argument is that he should have risen above that since he's Aaron Rodgers? No QBs succeed behind very poor olines and no running game unless they're absolutely Hall of famers, and many non-hall of fame qb's win super bowls. So I don't think that's a big deal here.

Too many people expect entirely way too much from the QB position, let alone a rookie QB. It makes me sad to think that when we eventually do have a franchise QB again, these same people will be slamming them for not carrying the team to the Super Bowl every year.
          1 bad game in a season where he had 31tds to 8ints and still played well enough to get his team into the playoffs. All of those guys mentioned have played behind or play behind poor lines and make the most of it. You dont think he would have played well begin our line? He definitely would have gotten us enough points to win games where we hold the opposing teams to 13 and 16 points. Especially with 2 pro bowl talent receivers.

In the last 20 years of SB winners. Maybe only 3 of them did not have a hall of fame WB or a franchise QB that was trending towards becoming a hall of fame player.

People dont expect alot but people are making a ton of excuses for below average QB play. With an average defense we would be picking top 5 in this upcoming draft with the level of QB play we had. If every QB had 3 great receivers a great tight end a solid running back 5 seconds to throw and clean pocket then they would all have 5k yards and 40+ tds. Fact is most QBs deal with poor blocking and persevere they deal with injuries to their receivers and running backs they deal with lack of talent.

Comment

• I'm still pissed off at Elway for electing to take Lynch over Siemian in that Falcons game. I felt like that was the rift in the force that made the Broncos spiral out of control and lose momentum, whether Siemian was hurt or not. You can tell by all the emphasis on making Lynch the starter that it's obvious Elway was taking every opportunity to get him in.

Way to screw up a team Elway. He may know how to put together a good thing but he doesn't understand how to keep it.
            I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              I really have no idea why you feel so confidant about this. New offense. New coaches. New season. Siemian played like a below average QB (yes, i know it was his first year...so what....) It's very possible Lynch is the starter....
              I am not trying to knock Lynch, I just feel like Trevor will surprise some people going into next season. After seeing both QBs play, I also think Trevor will respond better to all the change on offense, he's a bright player who has showed he can play well.

Comment

• Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                I'm still pissed off at Elway for electing to take Lynch over Siemian in that Falcons game. I felt like that was the rift in the force that made the Broncos spiral out of control and lose momentum, whether Siemian was hurt or not. You can tell by all the emphasis on making Lynch the starter that it's obvious Elway was taking every opportunity to get him in.

Way to screw up a team Elway. He may know how to put together a good thing but he doesn't understand how to keep it.
                Why would elway be the one to make that decision? Would it not be kubiak? And if Trevor was too hurt to play, why would you be mad at them for putting his health first?

Comment

I'm still pissed off at Elway for electing to take Lynch over Siemian in that Falcons game. I felt like that was the rift in the force that made the Broncos spiral out of control and lose momentum, whether Siemian was hurt or not. You can tell by all the emphasis on making Lynch the starter that it's obvious Elway was taking every opportunity to get him in.

Siemian was hurt and hadn't been able to practice at all that week. They had the Chargers on a short week right after. I'm not sure Siemian was cleared for the Falcons game, but my guess is the Broncos decided they'd rather have Siemian for the more important game. Oh and Lynch had played pretty well in the second half the game before, which Siemian left due to injury.

There's also the fact the HC picks the starting QB not the GM.

Comment

I'm still pissed off at Elway for electing to put Siemian in for the Chargers game the following week. He clearly wasn't healthy as was evident by his "hail mary" attempt coming up ten yards short of the end zone.

Comment

Siemian had surgery on January 5th. It's reasonable to believe he could not play the week after he was injured.

If we want to blame someone let's start with Donald Stephenson and the line - 6 sacks allowed for -40 yards. Lynch might have held the ball too long on 1-2 plays however the highlights showed he had very little time.

I would blame Lynch for throwing the INT - rookie mistake throwing the ball under pressure from his end zone. I would also blame Kubiak for only 24 run plays and putting the game on Lynch.

Not sure that was the start of the spiral down. Broncos won 3 of 5 games going into the bye week following the loss to Atlanta.

IMHO the slide started after we lost CJ Anderson against Houston. Broncos averaged 112 yards rushing through 7 games with CJ. Run production dropped to 70 yards per game over the next 9 games.

All the talk of who will start at quarterback - fine. If the Broncos can't run more than 3.6 yards/attempt next season the odds of making the playoffs are low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                        I'm still pissed off at Elway for electing to put Siemian in for the Chargers game the following week. He clearly wasn't healthy as was evident by his "hail mary" attempt coming up ten yards short of the end zone.
                        Is your comment of satire? Or do you also really believe elway was making every decision?
                        Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 01-25-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                          Is your comment of satsure? Or do you also really believe elway was making every decision?
                          I was simply referencing the comment I quoted in its absurdity.

Elway wanted Paxton Lynch to start versus San Diego, but he ultimately left the decision up to Kubiak and Siemian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                            I was simply referencing the comment I quoted in its absurdity.

Elway wanted Paxton Lynch to start versus San Diego, but he ultimately left the decision up to Kubiak and Siemian.
                            So, yes to the former.

Comment

Working...
                            X