Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want our identity to change

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
    To late, it's going to change.. Just check out what he had to say about his Defensive phylosophy when he took over at Miami last year... And as we know that defense kinda sucked...... "It can be conservative, it can be aggressive..." blah blah blah... UGH

    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...24849-132.html

    I don't want him calling a scheme to win the game, ala how he got destroyed by the Pats and a lot of other teams.. I want Wade's attack all day long and bend them to our will DEFENSE!

    WHY DID ELWAY HIRE HIM!!!! :/
    And how many players on the dolphins defense would have started for the broncos this year? Two? Maybe three at most?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      And how many players on the dolphins defense would have started for the broncos this year? Two? Maybe three at most?
      How many for the Bucs, Skins, Saints (all teams that had a better defense then this guy had) would have started for us?

      Keep ignoring the facts and the video. He has done nothing in this league... Just another bad hire that will come back to go along with getting the worst coach in the NFL the year you had the second worst team (John Fox) and going after your buddy to coach the team instead of a good quality head coach... If it were not for Wade Phillips and Manning we would have 0 trophies...

      Those two are gone now, and I bet you money we won't see another Superbowl for a long time. I refuse to be a Homer I call it like it is, this was a bad hire.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
        How many for the Bucs, Skins, Saints (all teams that had a better defense then this guy had) would have started for us?

        Keep ignoring the facts and the video. He has done nothing in this league... Just another bad hire that will come back to go along with getting the worst coach in the NFL the year you had the second worst team (John Fox) and going after your buddy to coach the team instead of a good quality head coach... If it were not for Wade Phillips and Manning we would have 0 trophies...

        Those two are gone now, and I bet you money we won't see another Superbowl for a long time. I refuse to be a Homer I call it like it is, this was a bad hire.
        lol I'm not sure that had quite the effect you had planned for it...

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
          To late, it's going to change.. Just check out what he had to say about his Defensive phylosophy when he took over at Miami last year... And as we know that defense kinda sucked...... "It can be conservative, it can be aggressive..." blah blah blah... UGH

          http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...24849-132.html

          I don't want him calling a scheme to win the game, ala how he got destroyed by the Pats and a lot of other teams.. I want Wade's attack all day long and bend them to our will DEFENSE!

          WHY DID ELWAY HIRE HIM!!!! :/
          Joe Woods is the DC. He worked under Wade Phillips the past two seasons as Secondary Coach and was probably selected by him. He'll do the scouting and will call the D on game day.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
            How many for the Bucs, Skins, Saints (all teams that had a better defense then this guy had) would have started for us?

            Keep ignoring the facts and the video. He has done nothing in this league... Just another bad hire that will come back to go along with getting the worst coach in the NFL the year you had the second worst team (John Fox) and going after your buddy to coach the team instead of a good quality head coach... If it were not for Wade Phillips and Manning we would have 0 trophies...

            Those two are gone now, and I bet you money we won't see another Superbowl for a long time. I refuse to be a Homer I call it like it is, this was a bad hire.
            Step away from the panic button.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Step away from the panic button.
              He doesn't understand the difference between a head coach and a defensive coordinator.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                He doesn't understand the difference between a head coach and a defensive coordinator.
                There are head coaches that don't get the difference with what they are responsible for and what a coordinator should do. When Romeo Crennel was KC's HC, he was the DC and left the offense completely in the hands of Brian Daboll. Romeo couldn't answer questions about the O at press conferences. He'd say to ask Brian. The same criticism could be applied to Gary Kubiak, but his D was taken care of by Wade Phillips.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
                  How many for the Bucs, Skins, Saints (all teams that had a better defense then this guy had) would have started for us?

                  Keep ignoring the facts and the video. He has done nothing in this league... Just another bad hire that will come back to go along with getting the worst coach in the NFL the year you had the second worst team (John Fox) and going after your buddy to coach the team instead of a good quality head coach... If it were not for Wade Phillips and Manning we would have 0 trophies...

                  Those two are gone now, and I bet you money we won't see another Superbowl for a long time. I refuse to be a Homer I call it like it is, this was a bad hire.
                  You do realize John Fox won the division four straight years, right?(three, if you don't count the first one. I understand if you don't, the Chargers won it for him, because Tebow couldn't.) He also got to one Super Bowl.

                  I understand how spoiled fans act, but Broncos fans have no business being so spoiled, that they should be calling John Fox a bad coach.

                  I will give you Gary Kubiak, since he did originally want Vance Joseph as DC and sort of lucked into Wade Phillips.

                  I wonder how much of the dislike for Joseph is a conversation better suited for the PR forum.

                  Can't we give the guy a chance to be the head coach before we act like he's a bad one?
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Same here. I love seeing the hard hitting defense and love seeing the Broncos be known for it. With that being said we all saw this year that your defense cant always carry a game when your offense sucks

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      You do realize John Fox won the division four straight years, right?(three, if you don't count the first one. I understand if you don't, the Chargers won it for him, because Tebow couldn't.) He also got to one Super Bowl.

                      I understand how spoiled fans act, but Broncos fans have no business being so spoiled, that they should be calling John Fox a bad coach.

                      I will give you Gary Kubiak, since he did originally want Vance Joseph as DC and sort of lucked into Wade Phillips.

                      I wonder how much of the dislike for Joseph is a conversation better suited for the PR forum.

                      Can't we give the guy a chance to be the head coach before we act like he's a bad one?
                      You do realize that John Fox prior to having Payton set in his lap NEVER HAD BACK TO BACK winning season don't you?

                      You do realize that when that John Fox had pretty much a .500 record before he had Payton Manning don't you? And a under .500 record since.

                      You do realize that John Fox is lucking to be coaching this upcoming year, because the guy Chicago fired and he replaced had a better record in pretty much the same time period..And was STILL FIRED...

                      Please don't come at me with the John Fox was a good hire thing again, because he wasn't... I could have "coached" Manning to win those games..

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                        Same here. I love seeing the hard hitting defense and love seeing the Broncos be known for it. With that being said we all saw this year that your defense cant always carry a game when your offense sucks
                        That was one maybe even two games, the rest of the season the D carried the Offense all the time... Can't have a horrible offense and expect to win in this league all the time.. Especially when you had injuries to starters on that Defense...

                        Bottom in is you are going to see the guy Denver should have hired tonight, him and Wade Phillips would have been Epic...

                        But I'm done trying to convince you guys, I think I know a little bit more about Joseph and his horrible Defense then you guys do, since I was forced to watch him all last year...

                        Good luck with him though.. It's going to be pretty funny how quickly you guys turn...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
                          You do realize that John Fox prior to having Payton set in his lap NEVER HAD BACK TO BACK winning season don't you?

                          You do realize that when that John Fox had pretty much a .500 record before he had Payton Manning don't you? And a under .500 record since.

                          You do realize that John Fox is lucking to be coaching this upcoming year, because the guy Chicago fired and he replaced had a better record in pretty much the same time period..And was STILL FIRED...

                          Please don't come at me with the John Fox was a good hire thing again, because he wasn't... I could have "coached" Manning to win those games..
                          #hatehard

                          The proof is in the results. Fox was a good hire for the Broncos at the time.

                          No, you could not have coached Manning to those wins.

                          The only reason Elway was right to fire John Fox is because they were on different pages on how to improve going forward.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I think the reason our identity has been defense is because so much has been invested in there. High draft picks, large defensive contracts, higher rate of extensions - just overall more attention. But like any weight, a large force on one end causes an imbalance on the other. That's the Broncos this season - top level defense, bottom level offense. It only makes sense that in order for the offense to improve, eventually the defense will not be as dominant as some of the cap is spent towards more expensive offensive players as the top level defense heads towards FA, at least within the next 3 years. That's how the cap is designed to work, and bring balance. If I had to guess, it'll probably take 3 years or so for this entire new coaching staff to gel and find a working system, franchise QB, and establish a stronger offense. Who knows if the defense will still be that way in 3 years.

                            That being said though, this offseason will be interesting in that we'll have one of the largest cap salaries to work with (last I checked, we had something like 36 million?) to fix the O and D-line, some offensive weapons, and quite possibly pick up a certain experienced QB if he is released.

                            Basically, I don't think we as Broncos should get tied up in only one 'identity,' or get worried about the 'identity' changing. Our identity should be associated with wins, whatever form that takes.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I still think defense is the clear path back to another title. Malik and Danny were missed and it cost us a couple wins, a playoff berth, and who knows from there. Maybe not a title, as Elway made a big mistake with FA OL signings, but never know. If we go out and sign 2 big time DL signings and get a couple good OL pieces in FA, I might even call us the favorites next year.

                              Our identity will remain on the defensive side of the ball simply because we do not have, nor expect to have an elite QB next year. Romo is not elite, and I would not go that way anyways. A defenses best friend is a running game. Getting two high caliber OGs next to Paradis is what we need to compliment the defense. At the end of the day though, we need to shore up the few spots on defense first and foremost. NT, RDE, ILB are where we could use upgrades...this will get us back to dominating on that side of the ball.

                              Count me as a fan who think we can win a SB with TS at QB, he just needs a good running game to create the shots downfield. However, he could throw for 4500 yards and 30 TDs and our identity is still going to be our defense. Same is was for Pittsburg for so many years even when the offense was good also.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
                                That was one maybe even two games, the rest of the season the D carried the Offense all the time... Can't have a horrible offense and expect to win in this league all the time.. Especially when you had injuries to starters on that Defense...

                                Bottom in is you are going to see the guy Denver should have hired tonight, him and Wade Phillips would have been Epic...

                                But I'm done trying to convince you guys, I think I know a little bit more about Joseph and his horrible Defense then you guys do, since I was forced to watch him all last year...

                                Good luck with him though.. It's going to be pretty funny how quickly you guys turn...
                                You talk as if im convinced that vance joseph is the real deal. In all honesty i dont know anything about VJ.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X