X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Relax is the perfect word here. There is this emotional swing to the extreme negative when someone new is brought in to this organization. Even though Elway has proven time and again that these reactionary outburst are unwarranted. It may seem condescending to be told to. But when said people are calling the hire a failure before the individual in question has even coached a game, what word would you have picked? Relax sums my feelings up perfectly .
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    He was talking to the guy who needs to relax (see posts 28, 32, 40, 41, 46)
    Gotcha. I just personally hate being told to relax.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I kind of agree. Fox was the right coach at the time, meaning he was the stabilizing coach after the McDummy debacle. We need his solid presence to bring back some stability and credibility to the franchise. But he really didn't do all that much afterwards. He wasn't all that great before and he hasn't been that great since. What was his record in Chicago? Fox held us back. He didn't prepare the team for the SB. That was pretty obvious. He didn't prepare the team for the divisional game against IND. That was pretty obvious.

And honestly, why do we need to relax? No one is getting out of control here. No one is getting all out of whack that anyone needs to relax. Folks are just stating their opinion and it happens to not coincide with yours in some situations. So what.
    He was talking to the guy who needs to relax (see posts 28, 32, 40, 41, 46)

Leave a comment:

• Alaskajoe
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I kind of agree. Fox was the right coach at the time, meaning he was the stabilizing coach after the McDummy debacle. We need his solid presence to bring back some stability and credibility to the franchise. But he really didn't do all that much afterwards. He wasn't all that great before and he hasn't been that great since. What was his record in Chicago? Fox held us back. He didn't prepare the team for the SB. That was pretty obvious. He didn't prepare the team for the divisional game against IND. That was pretty obvious.

And honestly, it irritates me when people tell others to RELAX, so condescending in my book. What do we need to relax about? No one is getting out of control here. No one is getting all out of whack that anyone needs to relax. Folks are just stating their opinion and it happens to not coincide with yours in some situations. So what.
    Relax is the perfect word here. There is this emotional swing to the extreme negative when someone new is brought in to this organization. Even though Elway has proven time and again that these reactionary outburst are unwarranted. It may seem condescending to be told to. But when said people are calling the hire a failure before the individual in question has even coached a game, what word would you have picked? Relax sums my feelings up perfectly .

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Tell me you're joking. You could have coached? Let's be clear. Elway brought in fox as a stabilizer to the franchise. Players Coach who was old enough and calm enough to bring stability to our young team. He brought in a good support staff. That, Elway free agency ability and manning is why we won. It was a combination of these.

I love you haters who believe it was just manning who led us to the promised land. Fox stabilized us. Kubiak had the confidence and foresight to play the quarterbacks as he did. Both were good hires at the time and lauded as such. Just because you don't agree with some ones "record", doesn't mean th we you can't coach....example number 1 being the guy who just one his 5th super bowl last night......in the words of the immortal Aaron rodgers... R...E...L...A...X.....

And honestly, why do we need to relax? No one is getting out of control here. No one is getting all out of whack that anyone needs to relax. Folks are just stating their opinion and it happens to not coincide with yours in some situations. So what.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 02-06-2017, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alaskajoe
    replied
    Originally posted by FloridianBronco View Post
    You do realize that John Fox prior to having Payton set in his lap NEVER HAD BACK TO BACK winning season don't you?

You do realize that when that John Fox had pretty much a .500 record before he had Payton Manning don't you? And a under .500 record since.

You do realize that John Fox is lucking to be coaching this upcoming year, because the guy Chicago fired and he replaced had a better record in pretty much the same time period..And was STILL FIRED...

Please don't come at me with the John Fox was a good hire thing again, because he wasn't... I could have "coached" Manning to win those games..
    Tell me you're joking. You could have coached? Let's be clear. Elway brought in fox as a stabilizer to the franchise. Players Coach who was old enough and calm enough to bring stability to our young team. He brought in a good support staff. That, Elway free agency ability and manning is why we won. It was a combination of these.

I love you haters who believe it was just manning who led us to the promised land. Fox stabilized us. Kubiak had the confidence and foresight to play the quarterbacks as he did. Both were good hires at the time and lauded as such. Just because you don't agree with some ones "record", doesn't mean th we you can't coach....example number 1 being the guy who just one his 5th super bowl last night......in the words of the immortal Aaron rodgers... R...E...L...A...X.....

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    Not having Malik Jackson and DT was devastating for our defense in the run defense department. With a couple of adjustments, this defense can resume its place at the top. The offense though, thats going to take a whole lot of fixn that Im not sure can be done in one season.

Leave a comment:

• Bterres105
    replied
    Yes the worst coach in the NFL that year on the worst team was a right hire for the second worst team in the NFL that year....

Like I said before JOHN FOX NEVER had back to back winning season until Manning, and he hasn't had any since. And to add to that, by this time next year he will be unemployed and more then likely had called his last game in the NFL... Bank on it.

So I disagree on that being a good hire and what we needed at the time... Elway was getting spurned left and right that year, but he could have chosen someone better then Fox.
    I dislike Fox as well, but he brought stability that we do desperately lacked thanks to McDaniels. Imagine McDaniels handling the Tebow situation?

Leave a comment:

• FloridianBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    #hatehard

The proof is in the results. Fox was a good hire for the Broncos at the time.

No, you could not have coached Manning to those wins.

The only reason Elway was right to fire John Fox is because they were on different pages on how to improve going forward.
    Yes the worst coach in the NFL that year on the worst team was a right hire for the second worst team in the NFL that year....

Like I said before JOHN FOX NEVER had back to back winning season until Manning, and he hasn't had any since. And to add to that, by this time next year he will be unemployed and more then likely had called his last game in the NFL... Bank on it.

So I disagree on that being a good hire and what we needed at the time... Elway was getting spurned left and right that year, but he could have chosen someone better then Fox.

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    That was one maybe even two games, the rest of the season the D carried the Offense all the time... Can't have a horrible offense and expect to win in this league all the time.. Especially when you had injuries to starters on that Defense...

Bottom in is you are going to see the guy Denver should have hired tonight, him and Wade Phillips would have been Epic...

But I'm done trying to convince you guys, I think I know a little bit more about Joseph and his horrible Defense then you guys do, since I was forced to watch him all last year...

Good luck with him though.. It's going to be pretty funny how quickly you guys turn...
    You talk as if im convinced that vance joseph is the real deal. In all honesty i dont know anything about VJ.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    I still think defense is the clear path back to another title. Malik and Danny were missed and it cost us a couple wins, a playoff berth, and who knows from there. Maybe not a title, as Elway made a big mistake with FA OL signings, but never know. If we go out and sign 2 big time DL signings and get a couple good OL pieces in FA, I might even call us the favorites next year.

Our identity will remain on the defensive side of the ball simply because we do not have, nor expect to have an elite QB next year. Romo is not elite, and I would not go that way anyways. A defenses best friend is a running game. Getting two high caliber OGs next to Paradis is what we need to compliment the defense. At the end of the day though, we need to shore up the few spots on defense first and foremost. NT, RDE, ILB are where we could use upgrades...this will get us back to dominating on that side of the ball.

Count me as a fan who think we can win a SB with TS at QB, he just needs a good running game to create the shots downfield. However, he could throw for 4500 yards and 30 TDs and our identity is still going to be our defense. Same is was for Pittsburg for so many years even when the offense was good also.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    I think the reason our identity has been defense is because so much has been invested in there. High draft picks, large defensive contracts, higher rate of extensions - just overall more attention. But like any weight, a large force on one end causes an imbalance on the other. That's the Broncos this season - top level defense, bottom level offense. It only makes sense that in order for the offense to improve, eventually the defense will not be as dominant as some of the cap is spent towards more expensive offensive players as the top level defense heads towards FA, at least within the next 3 years. That's how the cap is designed to work, and bring balance. If I had to guess, it'll probably take 3 years or so for this entire new coaching staff to gel and find a working system, franchise QB, and establish a stronger offense. Who knows if the defense will still be that way in 3 years.

That being said though, this offseason will be interesting in that we'll have one of the largest cap salaries to work with (last I checked, we had something like 36 million?) to fix the O and D-line, some offensive weapons, and quite possibly pick up a certain experienced QB if he is released.

Basically, I don't think we as Broncos should get tied up in only one 'identity,' or get worried about the 'identity' changing. Our identity should be associated with wins, whatever form that takes.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    You do realize that John Fox prior to having Payton set in his lap NEVER HAD BACK TO BACK winning season don't you?

You do realize that when that John Fox had pretty much a .500 record before he had Payton Manning don't you? And a under .500 record since.

You do realize that John Fox is lucking to be coaching this upcoming year, because the guy Chicago fired and he replaced had a better record in pretty much the same time period..And was STILL FIRED...

Please don't come at me with the John Fox was a good hire thing again, because he wasn't... I could have "coached" Manning to win those games..
    #hatehard

The proof is in the results. Fox was a good hire for the Broncos at the time.

No, you could not have coached Manning to those wins.

The only reason Elway was right to fire John Fox is because they were on different pages on how to improve going forward.

Leave a comment:

• FloridianBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
    Same here. I love seeing the hard hitting defense and love seeing the Broncos be known for it. With that being said we all saw this year that your defense cant always carry a game when your offense sucks
    That was one maybe even two games, the rest of the season the D carried the Offense all the time... Can't have a horrible offense and expect to win in this league all the time.. Especially when you had injuries to starters on that Defense...

Bottom in is you are going to see the guy Denver should have hired tonight, him and Wade Phillips would have been Epic...

But I'm done trying to convince you guys, I think I know a little bit more about Joseph and his horrible Defense then you guys do, since I was forced to watch him all last year...

Good luck with him though.. It's going to be pretty funny how quickly you guys turn...

Leave a comment:

• FloridianBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    You do realize John Fox won the division four straight years, right?(three, if you don't count the first one. I understand if you don't, the Chargers won it for him, because Tebow couldn't.) He also got to one Super Bowl.

I understand how spoiled fans act, but Broncos fans have no business being so spoiled, that they should be calling John Fox a bad coach.

I will give you Gary Kubiak, since he did originally want Vance Joseph as DC and sort of lucked into Wade Phillips.

I wonder how much of the dislike for Joseph is a conversation better suited for the PR forum.

Can't we give the guy a chance to be the head coach before we act like he's a bad one?

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    Same here. I love seeing the hard hitting defense and love seeing the Broncos be known for it. With that being said we all saw this year that your defense cant always carry a game when your offense sucks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X