Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Von Miller a HOFer?

Simple question.

He is on pace to be top 5 all time in sacks with 6 more productive seasons. He has won Super Bowl MVP with one of the most memorable defensive performances for the ages. Also a DROY. on the resume.

Right now, if Von continues on this pace for the next 5-6 seasons, will he be in the HOF?

I think it all depends on him getting a DPOY trophy. If he does that and averages 11-15 sacks for the next 5-6 years, he is a lock. Without that DPOY though, I think he gets put on a waiting list.
    Last edited by ChampPik4Six; 01-23-2017, 05:25 PM.

I wouldn't say he is yet. He's well on his way. But he's got a loong career ahead

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
      I wouldn't say he is yet. He's well on his way. But he's got a loong career ahead
      agreed
      sigpic

Comment

Von will be eventually no doubt about it he's off to amazing start to his young career he's this era Derrick Thomas if you will.
        sigpic

Comment

I see a log jam with the current crop of top tier pass rushers from this era. Von, Watt, Mack, Beasley, Bosa, Clowney, etc.They're all with 4 years of each other and as of right now, and are putting up some gaudy defensive stats. Only JJ though, has truly separated himself from the pack. But even that gap is narrowing. Von needs a DPLOY or the sack record to really set the wheels of that talk in motion. He's 5 years in and needs another 5+ years of his current level of production, at a minimum, to crack the top 5 All-Time sack leaders list. As long as he gets in that top 5 All-Time, he should have a great shot.
          #swapping

Comment

100%, barring unforeseen career altering circumstance

Comment

Von is on his way to a HOF career.

But considering the HOF's voters disdain for putting Broncos in the hall, being in the top 5 all time in sacks may not be a sure thing shoe in for the HOF for Von.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

If his career ended today? No. He needs the longevity aspect of it.

TD accomplished more in 4 years than most RBs accomplish in a career but due to not having the longevity in his career is odd man out year after year.

If he plays out this contract at the level he is now then I think he could very well be a first ballot.

Comment

Kevin Greene, #3 on the all-time sack list had to wait 17 years to get in the HoF. It's no given Von will get in at this point. As many have said though...he is well on his way. It just depends on how it goes for the next 6 years or so.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                    100%, barring unforeseen career altering circumstance
                    This is the only correct answer. To me it's been a lock since the AFc title game and SB performances back to back on national television.

But I suppose media would argue longevity.

He isn't going to just lose it all of a sudden though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                      I see a log jam with the current crop of top tier pass rushers from this era. Von, Watt, Mack, Beasley, Bosa, Clowney, etc.They're all with 4 years of each other and as of right now, and are putting up some gaudy defensive stats. Only JJ though, has truly separated himself from the pack. But even that gap is narrowing. Von needs a DPLOY or the sack record to really set the wheels of that talk in motion. He's 5 years in and needs another 5+ years of his current level of production, at a minimum, to crack the top 5 All-Time sack leaders list. As long as he gets in that top 5 All-Time, he should have a great shot.
                      You can't put Mack, Beasley, Bosa, Clowney in the same category as Von yet. They all have talent but have been doing what they have been doing for at most 1.5 seasons. Von has 5 seasons worth, with 1 ruined due to suspension and an ACL tear.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                        You can't put Mack, Beasley, Bosa, Clowney in the same category as Von yet. They all have talent but have been doing what they have been doing for at most 1.5 seasons. Von has 5 seasons worth, with 1 ruined due to suspension and an ACL tear.

This only Watt is in Miller class playing elite seasons matter year in and out the other players haven't done that yet.
                        sigpic

Comment

With the amount of attention he gets from offensive co-ordinators in regards to pass protection, it's tougher to rack up the stats. He still has an effect on games, although it may not show up on the stat sheet, which HOF voters no doubt look at when reviewing the career of finalists.

A 20+ sacks season/sack record/DPOY would definitely help his case.

Comment

No, he is not. We won't know until 5 years after he is retired from football when he becomes eligible for nomination. Thus far he is on track but if he retired today, no.

Comment

If Von averages about 11 sacks per year for the next six years, that puts him close to 140 sacks. That's close to top 5 all time and puts him in the same ballpark as obvious HOF players like Julius Peppers, Michael Strahan, DeMarcus Ware, Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas.

Some of it depends on the talent around him, too. Von has been fortunate to play with other good pass rushers like Dumervil and Ware who can share the burden. Hopefully guys like Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett continue to get better.

Comment

Working...
                              X