Starting QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    People have a misunderstanding of the "simplification" of the Tebow offense.
    Yes... I know. He made it a run-first offense. And it worked that year, number 1 run team and all. Hear it all the time.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 01-31-2017, 07:25 AM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      All it means to me is that we have a new Head Coach, a new OC, and a new QB coach, who have never worked with either QB, who want to come in here and see for themselves what we've got in a fair competition. If people want to read into it that this is somehow a move to get Siemian out as the starter and hand the starting job to Lynch, that's up to them.

If it were Peyton Manning instead of a QB who is coming off his 1st season as a Starter, then maybe I would agree. I take Vance Joseph at his word that this is going to be an "Open" competition, and that Lynch will have the same chance of winning the job as Siemian.

I'm simply voicing my opinion that without a "Miracle" it's going to be Siemian. That's all.
      Funny how I think the "miracle" will be Siemian starting again next season.

Same facts and belief it will be an open competition. Just my opinion that Lynch wins it because of the changes..

Despite the experience factor where Siemian has a distinct advantage, the overall separation between the two is not as wide as some like to think. New offense, new coaches and a new offensive mindset start closing that gap even more IMO. Do not see the offensive concepts getting "dumbed down" just different.

Siemian fit the Kuniak offensive concept this year. He was safer. He was not going to make the big mistake. He was a consistent 3 and out machine most of the time. Fit within Kubiak's vision of little creativity and adjustments. Then leaning on he defense to be exceptional again. With the QB situation he had little choice. After the Osweiler, Sanchez and even Kaepernick fiascos the QB options were limited.

Not seeing that next year. Joseph wants a more aggressive approach. McCoy and Musgrave will hopefully be a bit more creative in their schemes and play calling. IMO those attributes favor Lynch.

Of course there is always the possibility that Romo (or other vet QB option) is added and neither of us gets the starter we want.

Comment

• I am the only member on the trade for Blake Bortles train! And I will sing that tune until camps start. Until then I will hold out hope. He is a lot like Rivers IMO and McCoy could mold him further to be a great QB. He has more potential than what we currently have. I just don't know what he would be worth in a trade.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          Yes... I know. He made it a run-first offense. And it worked that year, number 1 run team and all. Hear it all the time.
          Well, the same can be said for what you had just stated. As much as it appears to annoy you, the reverse annoys other people.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            I am the only member on the trade for Blake Bortles train! And I will sing that tune until camps start. Until then I will hold out hope. He is a lot like Rivers IMO and McCoy could mold him further to be a great QB. He has more potential than what we currently have. I just don't know what he would be worth in a trade.
            Jags gm or somebody in the front office made a statement last week which makes it seem like they have no interest in cutting or trading him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              Jags gm or somebody in the front office made a statement last week which makes it seem like they have no interest in cutting or trading him.
              Yea, the guy they promoted to HC was promoted due to his willingness to work with Bortles. Other candidates were more interested in moving away from him.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                They just said they believe they can win with him. I believe they will keep him for at least 1 more year due to poor QB draft and FA. But the door will likely stay open for trading depending on offer.
                Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
                X