Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting QB?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You must have some crystal ball that you're hiding from everyone else to be able to see in the future and know that Romo is finished or isn't a temp fix. We need to get you and that crystal ball a job in the front office.
    Funny you meantion crystal ball, cause I have one! I just call it common sense. Romo is going to be what, 37? He has been injured 7 different times since 2008 and each injury has caused him to miss games. How many games has he played the last 2 years? Seems the injuries are getting worse. He gets injured, heals, gets back on the field and gets injured again pretty quickly. He's getting older so I assume his body not able to take hits as good as the year prior. Sounds like a great option.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      predicting the future again.....

      Siemain had a leg up this past year because he had a year under his belt in the same offense. In a different offense...he won't have that luxury so no one is proven to be better than anyone at this point. You criticize people for making judgements of Siemian after 1 season. You are doing the same...judging Lynch after 176 snaps.


      Last season, Sanchez was the more experienced player and proven to be better than Siemian....how did that turn out?
      Sanchez was more experienced but proven to be better? No. Siemian hadn't gotten his chance yet, when he did get his chance he won the starting job. At this point Trevor has proven to be better than Lynch, it will be tough for Lynch to change that in 6 months. And I'm not criticizing anybody, so settle down a bit.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
        Haha that's funny when people bring up that comparison, definitely reaching a bit. Manning didn't have a history of getting hurt, Romo does and he played behind a great oline. Manning was also twice the QB Romo is so the risk was much more worth it.
        Peyton was obviously better than Romo but Romo has a top 10 all time passer rating and a ton of comeback wins.

        To me, it's simple. Our defense is still intact for the most part, who knows what will happen in 2-3 years. If we stick with Trevor/Lynch, we'll probably go 9-7/10-6 maybe sneak in the playoffs but wont do much.

        With Romo, theres potential for another SB run, im hoping Elway feels the way i do as this.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Man forget Trevor Simeon because of him we have a late first-round pick at number 20.

          Just kidding and in all honesty, I think you're right. I think the kid does deserve a legitimate shot. I hope he not Shunned of blackballed by the very thought that Paxton Lynch is considered the future.

          I'm not so sure that Paxton Lynch is bright enough to be the future quarterback of the Denver Broncos and the only reason why say that is because it is been reported that Paxton lynch could not absorb Gary Kubiak's quarterback friendly playbook.

          It has also been reported that only 5 to 10% of the playbook could be inserted while Paxton Lynch was playing. That may be one of the biggest reasons why Gary Kubiak elected not to play him against the Oakland Raiders on week 17.

          Don't kill the messenger I'm just telling you guys what I heard.
          You realize a pro play book is like 200-500 plays and most rookies struggle memoriZing it
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            You realize a pro play book is like 200-500 plays and most rookies struggle memoriZing it
            Directly from the Broncos coaching staffs mouth (get it, horses mouth) in both games he started he didn't understand any of the playcalling after the first 15.

            There's a difference between struggling and not having the answer.
            sigpic

            Hooray, beer!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Peyton was obviously better than Romo but Romo has a top 10 all time passer rating and a ton of comeback wins.

              To me, it's simple. Our defense is still intact for the most part, who knows what will happen in 2-3 years. If we stick with Trevor/Lynch, we'll probably go 9-7/10-6 maybe sneak in the playoffs but wont do much.

              With Romo, theres potential for another SB run, im hoping Elway feels the way i do as this.
              I get what you're saying, the only issue is Romo can't stay healthy. It's almost a yearly issue with him.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Directly from the Broncos coaching staffs mouth (get it, horses mouth) in both games he started he didn't understand any of the playcalling after the first 15.

                There's a difference between struggling and not having the answer.
                If that were true he wouldn't have been able to execute any play whatsoever after the first 15, which wasn't the case. My guess is "didn't understand" means that when he heard the play it didn't pop instantly into his head where he could visualize it with no problem. But coming from a system where calls where 1 or 2 keywords to a system where plays can be up to 15 or 16 words long isn't surprising.

                That's why commentators talk about the difference between a college spread offense and a pro style offense, pro style QBs have already learned (somewhat) to deal with those play calls.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                  Yes it's not something I'm gunna spend time looking into. I'd rather listen to all the experts on here who can foresee his future after playing his first season behind one of the NFLs worst offensive lines and run games.
                  You're the only expert here, guaranteeing that he'll start and talking about how good he is. The truth is right now he's proven he could be a decent backup, he needs to take a big step going forward to become a successful NFL starter. That's not a secret, or anti-Siemian, that's reality. He's done nothing so far to warrant the confidence you have in him. Which is why Denver is being linked to someone like Romo. Siemian appears to have potential, but all potential means is that you haven't done anything yet.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    You're the only expert here, guaranteeing that he'll start and talking about how good he is. The truth is right now he's proven he could be a decent backup, he needs to take a big step going forward to become a successful NFL starter. That's not a secret, or anti-Siemian, that's reality. He's done nothing so far to warrant the confidence you have in him. Which is why Denver is being linked to someone like Romo. Siemian appears to have potential, but all potential means is that you haven't done anything yet.
                    I don't recall talking about how good he is, he's had some good games. I've never said he would beat out Romo or any high caliber starters. I've simply stated that if we go into next season with these 2 QBs Trevor would be the starter, not all that far fetched of an idea. Who are you to tell me what kind of confidence I can have in him? Regardless, you are wrong, he has shown much more than Lynch, so if I want to form my own opinion or confidence it is warranted.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                      That picture of Elway and Romo a couple weeks ago speaks volumes. If that guy wasn't standing in between them, it would have been like that Rolling stone cover with John Lennon and Yoko Ono!!!!!
                      Wasabi going down the wrong pipe really takes away from how funny this was to me!
                      #swapping

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                        Romo will start for the Texans next season.

                        Siemian will start for the Broncos.
                        And you're smacking people for acting like they know the future... *laugh*
                        Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 01-29-2017, 07:26 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                          And you're smacking people for acting like they know the future... *laugh*
                          :thumb:
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • It isn't just Romo vs Lynch or Siemian. We also need to factor in the likelihood Romo will make it through a season, which he hasn't been able to do at a high rate throughout his career. Then, we also need to factor in the 3-5 players we can get using the cap space Romo will probably need to sign him.

                            So, is a "percentage" of Romo equal to, or better than, Siemian or Lynch PLUS 3-5 other decent vets? IMO no.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                              People are just gunning hard for Lynch because he's Elway's coveted draft pick. Hopefully this season sees a FAIR competition between the two.
                              I'm not gunning hard for anyone. I want the best QB on the roster to start. In 2016 that was Trevor Siemian. I think it will probably be Trevor Siemian in 2017 as well.Who knows? In the off season TS can work on his body and PL can work on his brain. We'll see what happens.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

                              Comment


                              • Anyone paying attention can see that the Broncos are pushing Lynch with the hope that he will be the starter. I'd say that, if he fails, he may start to be viewed as a bust

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X