X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Jags gm or somebody in the front office made a statement last week which makes it seem like they have no interest in cutting or trading him.
    They just said they believe they can win with him. I believe they will keep him for at least 1 more year due to poor QB draft and FA. But the door will likely stay open for trading depending on offer.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Jags gm or somebody in the front office made a statement last week which makes it seem like they have no interest in cutting or trading him.
    Yea, the guy they promoted to HC was promoted due to his willingness to work with Bortles. Other candidates were more interested in moving away from him.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I am the only member on the trade for Blake Bortles train! And I will sing that tune until camps start. Until then I will hold out hope. He is a lot like Rivers IMO and McCoy could mold him further to be a great QB. He has more potential than what we currently have. I just don't know what he would be worth in a trade.

Leave a comment:

• ksubroncosfan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Yes... I know. He made it a run-first offense. And it worked that year, number 1 run team and all. Hear it all the time.
    Well, the same can be said for what you had just stated. As much as it appears to annoy you, the reverse annoys other people.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    I am the only member on the trade for Blake Bortles train! And I will sing that tune until camps start. Until then I will hold out hope. He is a lot like Rivers IMO and McCoy could mold him further to be a great QB. He has more potential than what we currently have. I just don't know what he would be worth in a trade.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    All it means to me is that we have a new Head Coach, a new OC, and a new QB coach, who have never worked with either QB, who want to come in here and see for themselves what we've got in a fair competition. If people want to read into it that this is somehow a move to get Siemian out as the starter and hand the starting job to Lynch, that's up to them.

If it were Peyton Manning instead of a QB who is coming off his 1st season as a Starter, then maybe I would agree. I take Vance Joseph at his word that this is going to be an "Open" competition, and that Lynch will have the same chance of winning the job as Siemian.

I'm simply voicing my opinion that without a "Miracle" it's going to be Siemian. That's all.
    Funny how I think the "miracle" will be Siemian starting again next season.

Same facts and belief it will be an open competition. Just my opinion that Lynch wins it because of the changes..

Despite the experience factor where Siemian has a distinct advantage, the overall separation between the two is not as wide as some like to think. New offense, new coaches and a new offensive mindset start closing that gap even more IMO. Do not see the offensive concepts getting "dumbed down" just different.

Siemian fit the Kuniak offensive concept this year. He was safer. He was not going to make the big mistake. He was a consistent 3 and out machine most of the time. Fit within Kubiak's vision of little creativity and adjustments. Then leaning on he defense to be exceptional again. With the QB situation he had little choice. After the Osweiler, Sanchez and even Kaepernick fiascos the QB options were limited.

Not seeing that next year. Joseph wants a more aggressive approach. McCoy and Musgrave will hopefully be a bit more creative in their schemes and play calling. IMO those attributes favor Lynch.

Of course there is always the possibility that Romo (or other vet QB option) is added and neither of us gets the starter we want.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    People have a misunderstanding of the "simplification" of the Tebow offense.
    Yes... I know. He made it a run-first offense. And it worked that year, number 1 run team and all. Hear it all the time.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 01-31-2017, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    All it means to me is that we have a new Head Coach, a new OC, and a new QB coach, who have never worked with either QB, who want to come in here and see for themselves what we've got in a fair competition. If people want to read into it that this is somehow a move to get Siemian out as the starter and hand the starting job to Lynch, that's up to them.

If it were Peyton Manning instead of a QB who is coming off his 1st season as a Starter, then maybe I would agree. I take Vance Joseph at his word that this is going to be an "Open" competition, and that Lynch will have the same chance of winning the job as Siemian.

I'm simply voicing my opinion that without a "Miracle" it's going to be Siemian. That's all.

Fair enough, I just think a "miracle" in this case will be experience in learning an NFL playbook and hard work. The biggest advantage the team and Lynch himself have right now compared to last year is that they know all of the areas he needs to get better in. They know how they have to teach him the playbook, they know what he needs to do footwork wise etc. So knowing that they can taper his offseason program to improve those things. Same with Siemian, he's faced a lot more live bullets, they've got the game tape, they can see and know exactly where he needs to get better. I hope that both QBs get significantly better this offseason (and I think both will) and I hope that the QB competition extends on into camp because both players are doing things so well that it makes it hard on the coaches to decide, rather than last year where it was about who can they trust the most to make the fewest mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Siemian will be able to (allegedly) digest the offense quicker, meaning learning the ins and out, why this and why that. Why this in is cut at 7 on this play and the out is at 5 on this play. He's shown he can spin the ball and his (and lynch's) footwork got better and better. He had good metrics when the game was close and didn't seem to get flustered by everything falling apart around him. The players respect him and like him. They stood up for him (because he was the starter, imo, but just the same)

Uptempo offenses require the QBs to have a firm grasp of the offense, what, with dealing with two play calls sent in on this key and this read, etc. I think Siemian would have a leg up there too.

As our favorite first round pick said, "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".

Lynch can get there, I don't think he's ready in 2017. As early as 2 months ago he was throwing cross legged, throwing off his back feet, tripping over his linemen, overthrowing or underthrowing everything. We shall see.

I'm personally hoping for Romo because you're not gonna win the SB in the next two years with Siemian or Lynch, no matter what they do on offense.
    I guess we'll see, but I'm not convinced Siemian learns the offense faster. Now that Lynch has learned an NFL offense (a wordy one at that) and knows what it's like, it should be easier for him to learn a second one. The cuts at 5 or 7 will actually change depending on the defense, so the key is learning to diagnose a defense and realizing what the defender is doing and understanding how the receiver is going to react to that.

A lot of times when you see a QB throw the ball and the defender is just standing there to intercept it with no offensive player in sight, it's because the QB and receiver read different things.

I honestly don't care which QB it is, as long as the battle is won because that QB is excelling not because he won it by default. But I just think everyone who keeps saying Lynch was bad this year so he's years away will be shocked at the big steps he takes this offseason. He's still going to make mistakes in camp and preseason games, and if he plays regular season games, but you're gonna see him noticeably better in a lot of different areas and trending up.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's not going to be that offense, not by a long shot. What will be simplified is the way plays are called, not the plays that are run. And if Tebow was even just a capable passer (he was not) that offense would have been pretty deadly. Both QBs in Denver right now are better passers than Tebow, so teams will actually have to worry about the pass, so it's not as easy to defend as that was. And having said that, the Broncos were the number 1 rushing O that year despite everyone knowing they were going to do that.
    New Offensive Coordinator, QB Coach, O-Line coaches and TE coach. Four of those guys have been NFL OCs. They will try to install a balanced attack. Elway will try to get them what they need. It will be interesting to see it unfold.

Leave a comment:

• Broncodoodle
    replied

Agreed. (10 char.)

Leave a comment:

• JPPT1974
    replied
    Just hope that whoever is the best person to win will do so. But I like Trevor S. Give Paxton one more year to learn the system.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Whether you or I have confidence in Lynch, or Siemian, and how we view them won't matter in the end. It'll be up to the coaches, and there's a reason they said it was an open competition and not that Siemian was the starter going into the offseason. That was the easy answer, but saying it's an open competition does say a lot about the views of the organization.

However it'll be up to the players, the best player will play, so they both need to go prove they're that guy.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    He wasn't ready at that point, but players learn, players mature, players get better in the offseason. Thinking that he's not ready now because of what happened then is crazy.

The offense will be different but it won't be "dumbed down" as some claim, but say it's dumbed down and both grasp the offense the same, then the likelihood is that Lynch wins the competition and it's not even close, the reason being it will come down to natural ability and skills. The biggest advantages Siemian had on Lynch this year were that he had been in the league for a year and knew the system. Now Lynch will also have been in the league for a year and will understand the speed. With the offense changing, and assuming it's "dumbed down" where's Siemian's advantage?

If Lynch puts in the work this offseason he wins this competition.
    Siemian will be able to (allegedly) digest the offense quicker, meaning learning the ins and out, why this and why that. Why this in is cut at 7 on this play and the out is at 5 on this play. He's shown he can spin the ball and his (and lynch's) footwork got better and better. He had good metrics when the game was close and didn't seem to get flustered by everything falling apart around him. The players respect him and like him. They stood up for him (because he was the starter, imo, but just the same)

Uptempo offenses require the QBs to have a firm grasp of the offense, what, with dealing with two play calls sent in on this key and this read, etc. I think Siemian would have a leg up there too.

As our favorite first round pick said, "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".

Lynch can get there, I don't think he's ready in 2017. As early as 2 months ago he was throwing cross legged, throwing off his back feet, tripping over his linemen, overthrowing or underthrowing everything. We shall see.

I'm personally hoping for Romo because you're not gonna win the SB in the next two years with Siemian or Lynch, no matter what they do on offense.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Considering that Lynch is working with the same guy that he worked with before the Combine, last year, I don't have a lot of confidence that it will help. And we all saw it before with Tebow. Tebow attempted to change his throwing motion, only to revert to his old, more natural way of throwing. That's probably a stretch of an example because I think Paxton Lynch has much better technique. Just an example.

Where I disagree is in the "balance" equation. I don't believe that Lynch's advantages in "talent" comes anywhere near Siemian's advantage in "football smarts" and experience. And, the Siemian that I saw last season has good athletic ability and an NFL arm. In fact, I believe he looked better than Osweiler, in Siemian's rookie season. We may have to agree to disagree on that.

Whether you or I have confidence in Lynch, or Siemian, and how we view them won't matter in the end. It'll be up to the coaches, and there's a reason they said it was an open competition and not that Siemian was the starter going into the offseason. That was the easy answer, but saying it's an open competition does say a lot about the views of the organization.

However it'll be up to the players, the best player will play, so they both need to go prove they're that guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X