A homer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A homer?

Am I a homer? I recently got into a argument with a Giants fan. He said Elway is a middle of the road GM based on his offensive drafts, and not being able to find a quality QB outside of manning, passing up Wilson and Dak.

I personally think he has been the second best GM. since becoming our GM, based on drafts, wins, division titles, Super Bowl appearances, cap space, contract negotiations, and free agent signings. 1-32 where do you rank John Elways as a GM without being a Homer.

Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Am I a homer? I recently got into a argument with a Giants fan. He said Elway is a middle of the road GM based on his offensive drafts, and not being able to find a quality QB outside of manning, passing up Wilson and Dak.

I personally think he has been the second best GM. since becoming our GM, based on drafts, wins, division titles, Super Bowl appearances, cap space, contract negotiations, and free agent signings. 1-32 where do you rank John Elways as a GM without being a Homer.
    every team in the league passed on Wilson and Dak.......

Jury still out on Lynch.

Elway has done a fantastic job as GM. He took over a 4-12 team and built them into a SB team in 3 years then a SB winning team with an elite defense in 5. Tell your Giants fan to bite me
    sigpic

Comment

He has been terrible drafting offense lately and last year was a bad off season in free agency. Missed on key free agent signings last off season. You cant claim he is middle of the road considering how many of his draft picks signed big money deals regardless of rather or not the panned out in their new locations. Also since he has been here we finished 1st in our division every year except last year if I'm correct. 2 superbowl appearances 1win.

Its fair to say he fell off a little bit or had a bad off season or a bad draft or two but to claim he is middle of the road isn't fair when taking all things into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
        He has been terrible drafting offense lately and last year was a bad off season in free agency. Missed on key free agent signings last off season. You cant claim he is middle of the road considering how many of his draft picks signed big money deals regardless of rather or not the panned out in their new locations. Also since he has been here we finished 1st in our division every year except last year if I'm correct. 2 superbowl appearances 1win.

Its fair to say he fell off a little bit or had a bad off season or a bad draft or two but to claim he is middle of the road isn't fair when taking all things into consideration.
        As for last years offseason, it isn't as if he had a lot of money to work with.

Comment

Is this person your significant other or child?
          Does it really matter what this person thinks?
          (just questions)

A discussion like "Best GM" is subjective with every
          party having their biases.

I think Elway is number 1.
          I can care less what everyone else thinks
          because it's my opinion and you shouldn't care either.

Comment

Elway has had plenty of misses. Like all GMs. What I like is that Elway is always trying to upgrade the team. Like hiring Trent Baalke, former GM of the 49ers, to upgrade Personnel and Scouting. That should help our Drafting.

And getting Musgrave from the Raiders, and McCoy from the Chargers. That should upgrade our QBs and Offense.

There have been plenty of Draft Picks that I've 2nd guessed. Like spending a 2nd Round Pick on a player coming off ACL surgery in Adam Gotsis. But then I remember that I felt the same way when we Drafted Derek Wolfe over a couple of Def. Tackles that are no longer in the league.

If you ever see a story about Elway in Yahoo Sports, read the comments. There are a lot of people that hate the guys guts. Mainly because they remember the pain of their team being victimized by Elway. I don't give it a 2nd thought. I think we are OK.

Comment

He has done a Great job! Ole #7 is a "Football God".!!!!
              He is a Great Business Man, and a Tremendous leader!

Comment

Dont forget about his success with with the Colorado Crush, you said GM not NFL GM. as a GM he has a great amount of success. He is #1 to me.
                sigpic
                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  Elway has done a fantastic job as GM. He took over a 4-12 team and built them into a SB team in 3 years then a SB winning team with an elite defense in 5.
                  I think the results speak from themselves.

Every team, every year misses on the draft for all kinds of different reasons, Elway included. He does seem to better at getting talent on defense than on offense but even with that mar on his resume, so far he has done exceptionally well. The next couple of seasons should really be telling though if the team can become more stable and competitive than last season.

Comment

I bet that Giant's fan would have liked the Giants to get Russel Wilson and Dak Prescott too.

Comment

Considering that our team had become a bit of a joke prior to his return, Elway is a Rock Star!

The Super bowl hangover was largely the result of cap catching up with us and lots of injuries. Can't win 'em all...
                      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                        I bet that Giant's fan would have liked the Giants to get Russel Wilson and Dak Prescott too.
                        In their defense, they still have a little bit of time with Eli.

Comment

Working...
                        X