Alfred Williams to have his championship rings remolded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred Williams to have his championship rings remolded

So I don't know if it's thread worthy or not but I just thought It would be fun to ask for the opinion of the forum members here.

A few days ago on 1043 the fan, Alfred Williams was talking about having his Super Bowl 32 and 33 championship Rings remolded with a more clear picture of the Broncos logo/horse head displayed on the ring.

He mentioned this after seeing the Super Bowl 50 championship ring and comparing it to the two rings that he one with the Broncos back to back back in the 90s.

Would you guys agree with Williams on doing this or is he taking away from a couple of vintage championship rings of the past?

At first I was thinking why would he want to this but after closer examination, the old Super Bowl rings kind of look like heads of cattle instead of horses.

Not only that but did anybody really complain when George Lucas did a remake of the Star Wars trilogy and stated "see it the way you were meant to see it"!

Perhaps these are the way the rings were meant to be to begin with but due to lesser technology at the time they really were molded all that great.

Comment

I think of it like restoring a classic car.

Comment

Do what you want. It's extremely difficult to win one, so do what you want with it. I think it's cool because he still wears his out in public. Some of the guys I know with those rings have them locked up and they never see daylilght.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Not only that but did anybody really complain when George Lucas did a remake of the Star Wars trilogy and stated "see it the way you were meant to see it"!
          Poor example: YES, everyone complained. Lucas RUINED the films with his remaster. That is widely agreed by Star Wars Fans.

HAN SHOT FIRST

So with that in mind, i would say why ruin the rings, leave them how they are.
          sigpic
          BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
            Poor example: YES, everyone complained. Lucas RUINED the films with his remaster. That is widely agreed by Star Wars Fans.

HAN SHOT FIRST

So with that in mind, i would say why ruin the rings, leave them how they are.
            The orginal rings arent going to be melted down. He is just getting upgraded duplicates. The orginal rings do look horrible.

Comment

So I don't know if it's thread worthy or not but I just thought It would be fun to ask for the opinion of the forum members here.

A few days ago on 1043 the fan, Alfred Williams was talking about having his Super Bowl 32 and 33 championship Rings remolded with a more clear picture of the Broncos logo/horse head displayed on the ring.

He mentioned this after seeing the Super Bowl 50 championship ring and comparing it to the two rings that he one with the Broncos back to back back in the 90s.

Would you guys agree with Williams on doing this or is he taking away from a couple of vintage championship rings of the past?

I say leave the original rings as is.

In 20 years rings will look better than today so what is he going to give them another facelift then too?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                The orginal rings arent going to be melted down. He is just getting upgraded duplicates. The orginal rings do look horrible.
                Glad he's not 'destroying' the integrity of the original rings.

And they weren't 'horrible' looking in 97 & 98...they just look dated compared to our brand new SB50 ring. But even those will look 'horrible' in 20 years.
                Last edited by Mel B.; 02-01-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Are we this bored that this is what we're discussing??

Comment

Hopefully when we win another one here soon he will want another face lift! These are problems im happy to have as a Broncos fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      Are we this bored that this is what we're discussing??
                      nope not at all just asking my fellow forum members for they're opinions!

Comment

Man if Alfred Williams wants to update his super bowl ring, Its all good! He was a key piece that started this winning tradition...

Comment

Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
                          Man if Alfred Williams wants to update his super bowl ring, Its all good! He was a key piece that started this winning tradition...
                          You know how it is, he's seen all these new age rings down in Houston right now and he wants his bling to look just as hot!

What he doesn't realizes their Denver bronco rings so they'll be hot no matter what.

Comment

At first I was thinking why would he want to this but after closer examination, the old Super Bowl rings kind of look like heads of cattle instead of horses.

Perhaps these are the way the rings were meant to be to begin with but due to lesser technology at the time they really were molded all that great.
                            lol did anyone complain? yes
                            As I am sure you have guessed, several of the reasons why Lucas is hated are due to him changing Star Wars, but before we jump into some of the specific things he changed, lets look at what his view on changing movies was in 1988.

People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society. —George Lucas circa 1988
                            Huh? Even though Mr. Lucas made this very bold and brash statement, he goes on years later to do a Special Edition version of Star Wars: A New Hope where he replaces the Mos Eisley Cantina scene with a Muppets like musical number. Really George? REALLY?!?!?
                            http://www.flicknerd.com/7-things-ge...fans-hate-him/
                            Originally posted by baphamet
                            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Working...
                            X