Von Miller leads rankings of top 10 edge pass rushers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller leads rankings of top 10 edge pass rushers

I thought this was a really interesting article...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-pass-rushers

Also, this "bonus" section highlighting Shane Ray is very good news for Broncos fans and highlights his development:

Shane Ray (3.52) and James Harrison (3.73) posted better pressure than Von Miller. However, they failed to crack the 300 pass rush attempts minimum threshold for the rankings. Ray registered 252 attempts while the ageless Harrison had just 180.

Hopefully all these analytics and talking heads in the media discussing how "great" Von was this year will equate to a DPOY tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
      Hopefully all these analytics and talking heads in the media discussing how "great" Von was this year will equate to a DPOY tomorrow night.
      Eventually the game of football will be replaced by equations.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Yes, in this age of next gen stats, and whatever, you do need to take a moment before jumping completely on board. But if nothing else, this stat tells me this.....our boys, Von and Shane, are pretty darn effective at putting pressure on QBs!! And that, by all measures, is a good thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Eventually the game of football will be replaced by equations.
          I thought I read somewhere that that was being entertained…??? Computers and algorithms would decide each play with the greatest probability of success, based on factoring millions of different variables. It would be like watching the Chessmaster program play against itself.

The future will be Coach_bot 2000.

Cheers.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
            I thought I read somewhere that that was being entertained…??? Computers and algorithms would decide each play with the greatest probability of success, based on factoring millions of different variables. It would be like watching the Chessmaster program play against itself.

The future will be Coach_bot 2000.

Cheers.

You would still have to have humans execute the plays. And you know when humans gets involved, mistakes happen ("You were suppose to run right." "I did." "No, that was straight.").

Unless you put a helmet on a robot. I have seen some amazing ones. We would just have to teach it to do the Miller Sack Dance.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
              Here! Here! and a gold jacket for TD

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                You would still have to have humans execute the plays. And you know when humans gets involved, mistakes happen ("You were suppose to run right." "I did." "No, that was straight.").

Unless you put a helmet on a robot. I have seen some amazing ones. We would just have to teach it to do the Miller Sack Dance.
                Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I don't know if I would trust that. We all have used a GPS at some point in our lives and how many times has it told us to go right when we are actually supposed to go left? How many times has it taken us to the roundabout route instead of the direct. LOL

I don't see it as being very efficient but moreless it's going to be calling running plays on 4th and 17 opposed to a field goal attempt and freezing in Key situations and most of all I'm sure Belicheck will find a way to jam or retard the signal by dropping EMT's somewhere near by!

Comment

Somehow Mack got DPOY

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                    Somehow Mack got DPOY
                    Well that's a disappointing.

Comment

But on the bright side, this will make Von Miller even more motivated and Khalil Mack just got more expensive for the Raiders. Besides having to pay Mack more than Von Miller, the Raiders will also have to pay top-QB money to Derek Carr.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is what if question but what would Von Miller have to do to end his career as greatest defensive player Denver has ever had? I know it's fantasy and he still has long long road ahead of him to achieve this but just asking. What would his career numbers have to look like.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                          This is what if question but what would Von Miller have to do to end his career as greatest defensive player Denver has ever had? I know it's fantasy and he still has long long road ahead of him to achieve this but just asking. What would his career numbers have to look like.
                          They were throwing that title around with watt a year or two ago but never heard them do it with miller. He had a career defining game in the superbowl but I don't think he has yet had his career defining season. That one year that puts him over the top and forces people to talk about him. I think we are in store for something special in 2017 after losing dpoy by one vote.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                            They were throwing that title around with watt a year or two ago but never heard them do it with miller. He had a career defining game in the superbowl but I don't think he has yet had his career defining season. That one year that puts him over the top and forces people to talk about him. I think we are in store for something special in 2017 after losing dpoy by one vote.
                            I would say Von had amazing playoff run from start to finish not just the Super Bowl he dominated at such a high level that I haven't seen from any defensive player in many decades on top of my head I can't think of any right now. Von was legendary in postseason last year it was LT like.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X