No announcement yet.

Terrell Davis Officially In The Pro Football Hall Of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT's speech was pretty dang good as well!
    sigpic

Comment

• TD: "We played as a team. We won as a team. I salute every single one of you. To Broncos fans around the world, I salute you"

Sorry, TD - today is your day. Your team and your fans are looking up at you to salute. And we all think you look great in gold.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
          Not trying to throw shade on TD, but as someone who watched both their careers, I think Atwater was the better overall player and for much longer. Are there any safeties from that era in the HOF?
          TD is the greatest playoff RB in NFL history. Not an opinion, a fact. Davis averaged 142.5 yards per playoff game, over 8 games, the second highest is Arian Foster at 128.8 yards per game, the closest HOF RB is John Riggins at 110.7 yards per game.

The best 8 game stretch an RB has ever had was Peterson over the final 8 games of his 2000 yard season, TD's stats in his 8 playoff games are higher than that.

2 Super Bowls in which he was the driving force behind each

4th player in NFL history to go over 2000 yards, which he did while sitting out 8 quarters that season.

I loved Atwater and think he had a long and fantastic career, but Terrell Davis stands amongst the all time great running backs in NFL history. If he stuck around and was mediocre for 3 more seasons (as Bettis was his entire career) there's zero debate as to whether he should be enshrined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            LT's speech was pretty dang good as well!
            I thought so as well. I'm sure it's not every day that something makes Marty Schottenheimer cry, as Tomlinson did.

Comment

• LT should run for an office.

Jerry Jones getting enshrined for mediocrity? Yeah they were good 20 years ago, but have pretty much sucked ever since. I guess this will be the year they are Brady's next victim?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

ABC Mouse trumps Daddy's HOF induction speech, lol!!!
                #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                  LT should run for an office.

Jerry Jones getting enshrined for mediocrity? Yeah they were good 20 years ago, but have pretty much sucked ever since. I guess this will be the year they are Brady's next victim?
                  Yep, and when they were good it was because of Jimmy Johnson building the team and orchestrating the great trade robbery. Once Jones forced him out and took over as GM, they went down hill. The two bright spots since were with Parcels as GM and now Stephen Jones as GM. Remember the story that Jerry had the card filled out with Manziel's name on it before his son took the card and tore it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    TD is the greatest playoff RB in NFL history. Not an opinion, a fact. Davis averaged 142.5 yards per playoff game, over 8 games, the second highest is Arian Foster at 128.8 yards per game, the closest HOF RB is John Riggins at 110.7 yards per game.

The best 8 game stretch an RB has ever had was Peterson over the final 8 games of his 2000 yard season, TD's stats in his 8 playoff games are higher than that.

2 Super Bowls in which he was the driving force behind each

4th player in NFL history to go over 2000 yards, which he did while sitting out 8 quarters that season.

I loved Atwater and think he had a long and fantastic career, but Terrell Davis stands amongst the all time great running backs in NFL history. If he stuck around and was mediocre for 3 more seasons (as Bettis was his entire career) there's zero debate as to whether he should be enshrined.
                    I don't know if long is the right word to describe Atwater's career. It wasn't short but it certainly wasn't long either (under the average for all players at the position with at least one Pro Bowl) and so, your logic very well could be applied to his Hall of Fame worthy resume as well. He stands as one of the best at his position, play a little longer and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That being said, I wouldn't call Atwater a better player than TD. That's not fair and also, at least in my opinion, inaccurate (so I agree with you on that). Both were phenomenal players, nothing else should matter.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      I thought so as well. I'm sure it's not every day that something makes Marty Schottenheimer cry, as Tomlinson did.
                      Yup, LT's speech was great. Politician in the making. Turned the channel on Jones. Couldn't watch that debacle. Will turn back for Kurt.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• I think in the last 20 years the Broncos have won as many SuperBowls as the CowBoys have won playoff games.

Comment

• Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                          Yeah, everyone seems to agree that Easley is deserving, so why not Terrell?
                          More outrageous than that...if Easley is deserving, why the heck isn't Atwater already in? Does the hall really believe Easley was a better safety or had a more dominating career than Atwater? Easley played in 89 games, Atwater 167. So in essence, the HoF is saying Easley is deserving of a spot because he was twice as dominant over a career half as long as Atwater? Makes absolutely no sense at all.
                          Last edited by Dennis.1960; 08-05-2017, 09:18 PM.
                          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Great speech

His daughter on the phone made me laugh

Comment

• Great job TD!!!

Comment

• Congrats TD

I had an official #30 jersey from the 90's I stopped wearing some time back so I flat tacked it on a wall in a cabin we have in the mountains. Yup, some lowlife stole it, hindsight is always 20/20.
                                [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X