Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      I don't see it that way. Jones over Don Coryell? Tom Flores not even really being mentioned? I really can't say why Jerry belongs in the HoF. Herscel walker and Jimmy Johnson won the SBs. Jerry helped increase the $ in the league...is that all it takes to make into the HoF? bring in the most $ and thus buy your way in?
      Don Coryell should be in the HOF by now. He was a true innovator in the game of football. He needs to take his place alongside the other innovative coaches already in the HOF: George Halas; Steve Owen; Paul Brown; Vince Lombardi; Sid Gillman; Tom Landry; Bill Walsh; Chuck Noll; Joe Gibbs; Hank Stram.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Don Coryell should be in the HOF by now. He was a true innovator in the game of football. He needs to take his place alongside the other innovative coaches already in the HOF: George Halas; Steve Owen; Paul Brown; Vince Lombardi; Sid Gillman; Tom Landry; Bill Walsh; Chuck Noll; Joe Gibbs; Hank Stram.
        Haha, I was leaving you cp at the same time you left one for me. Good to touch base with you old friend.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          Haha, I was leaving you cp at the same time you left one for me. Good to touch base with you old friend.
          Good to see you here. Hope all is well.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Great to finally see TD get his rightful credit! Too bad we didn't get Mr B instead of Jerry Jones, Atwater instead of Kenny Easley, Rod Smith instead of LT & Gradishar instead of Jason Taylor. One of these years the committee is going to have to catchup with all the worthy Broncos they keep passing over and call it Orange Weekend
            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Not going to lie, TD getting the gold jacket and giving the mile high salute brought a few tears to my eyes, thanks for the 2 SBs TD.
              You will always give my best memories of us finally getting over the hump in winning our first and second SBs allowing Elway to go out on top with back to
              Back SBs.
              Congratulations TD !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                Not going to lie, TD getting the gold jacket and giving the mile high salute brought a few tears to my eyes, thanks for the 2 SBs TD.
                You will always give my best memories of us finally getting over the hump in winning our first and second SBs allowing Elway to go out on top with back to
                Back SBs.
                Congratulations TD !!!
                Brought more than a few tears to mine. It was a glorious night. Can't wait for the speech tonight. A big, giant MILE HIGH TD.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                  Great to finally see TD get his rightful credit! Too bad we didn't get Mr B instead of Jerry Jones, Atwater instead of Kenny Easley, Rod Smith instead of LT & Gradishar instead of Jason Taylor. One of these years the committee is going to have to catchup with all the worthy Broncos they keep passing over and call it Orange Weekend
                  Bowlen will get in, I'm sure. Atwater and Smith might, I hope so. Gradishar not being in there is just wrong. He's probably only eligible as a senior candidate now, I believe. There needs to be a push to get him in like there was with Floyd.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Terrell Davis and Morten Andersen both going in tonight. Man it sure is a great day to be me!

Now we just need Pat Bowlen, Steve Atwater, Randy Gradishar, Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey and DeMarcus Ware to go within the next 10 years and everything will be right in Broncoville.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                      Terrell Davis and Morten Andersen both going in tonight. Man it sure is a great day to be me!

Now we just need Pat Bowlen, Steve Atwater, Randy Gradishar, Peyton Manning, Champ Bailey and DeMarcus Ware to go within the next 10 years and everything will be right in Broncoville.
                      Sounds darn good to me!!!

Comment

• I recorded the Gold Jacket Ceremony, watching it now. I didn't realize this, Kenny Easley only played seven seasons, yet nobody is saying he doesn't deserve to be in the Hall.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                          Terrell Davis and Morten Andersen both going in tonight. Man it sure is a great day to be me!

The DeMarcus and Peyton are locks but won't go in as Broncos. Champ is a lock as a Bronco.

The Broncos most deserving are: Louis Wright, Randy Gradishar, Tom Nalen, Steve Atwater, and Lionel Taylor. And of course Mr Bowlen.

The HOF Selection Committee's legacy franchise cartel is losing their control with players now participating. So these deserving Broncos will get more attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                            The DeMarcus and Peyton are locks but won't go in as Broncos. Champ is a lock as a Bronco.

The Broncos most deserving are: Louis Wright, Randy Gradishar, Tom Nalen, Steve Atwater, and Lionel Taylor. And of course Mr Bowlen.

The HOF Selection Committee's legacy franchise cartel is losing their control with players now participating. So these deserving Broncos will get more attention.
                            I don't think Louis Wright, Tom Nalen and Lionel Taylor should be enshrined. Same with Rod Smith and Karl Mecklenburg but needless to say, that's just my opinion. It really doesn't matter to me that players from other franchises have made it in with equal or lesser credentials. Two wrongs don't make a right. I want Hall of Fame to mean something and not be a watered down version of its former self by allowing the inclusion of a bunch of former very good (but not truly great) players.

True indeed, DeMarcus Ware and Peyton spent the majority of their careers playing on other teams but that's not to say their time with the Broncos didn't mean something, in fact, I'd say they very much did seeing as they both accomplished something special for this franchise and I'd argue that a lot of Broncos fans will be happy to see them enshrined – thus being the reason why I mentioned them in the same breath.
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                              I recorded the Gold Jacket Ceremony, watching it now. I didn't realize this, Kenny Easley only played seven seasons, yet nobody is saying he doesn't deserve to be in the Hall.
                              Wow, interesting. I didn't catch that last night. Easley's not a Bronco...so....

Comment

• Silly me thinking because I saw Elway and Atwater at the practice meant they weren't going to the ceremony. Heard on the radio that they headed to Centennial airport afterwards to hop on Bowlens jet to go. Also, heard Joe Ellis flew Bobby Turner in from San Francisco to go as well. Man, this is one class organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X