Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Extremely excited to have Mike McCoy back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Extremely excited to have Mike McCoy back!

Mike is awesome. After watching those pressers today, it's amazing to have his experience as a head coach to keep the ship right. VJ didn't inspire confidence during his presser, he seems like he's swimming. However, from a preliminary viewpoint, our coaching staff looks AWESOME! I think it will be a huge help to VJ having all this experience surrounding him.

Orton had a career year under McCoy and even Tebow looked serviceable. The article below talks about McCoy being one of the greatest offensive minds in the NFL. His downfall as a HC may very well have been not calling plays mixed with a lot of bad luck.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/nfl-mi...ffensive-minds

I'm extremely UN-excited to have the bubble screen overkill back!

McError brought it here then McCoy kept it going...I was extremely excited when all 3 (McError, McCoy, bubble screen overkill) were gone.

But hey...maybe he's shredded that page of his playbook and learned some new offensive pass plays.

Comment

Brock Olivo-Special Teams Coach

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...7-90475e666e04

Joe Woods-Defensive Coordinator

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...9-942552816572

Mike McCoy- Offensive Coordinator

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...3-93b1297ff5b1

Vance Joseph- Head Coach

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-3266f17771ab
      Last edited by assassin216; 02-07-2017, 04:39 PM.
      I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

[QUOTE=Joshua2585;5548705]Mike is awesome. After watching those pressers today, it's amazing to have his experience as a head coach to keep the ship right. VJ didn't inspire confidence during his presser, he seems like he's swimming. However, from a preliminary viewpoint, our coaching staff looks AWESOME! I think it will be a huge help to VJ having all this experience surrounding him.

Orton had a career year under McCoy and even Tebow looked serviceable. The article below talks about McCoy being one of the greatest offensive minds in the NFL. His downfall as a HC may very well have been not calling plays mixed with a lot of bad luck.

[url]http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/nfl

I agree, for a lot of reasons. The first reason was the lack of effectiveness of the Kubiak offense that includes a lot of complicated reasons. #2 is the success that McCoy had, not only with a hack like Orton, but more particularly with a complete change over, in the middle of the season, from a "statue-like" pocket QB in Orton to a running QB who couldn't throw the ball, like Tebow. That season was one of the most amazing examples of "Adaptability" that I've ever seen since I started watching AFL games in the mid-60s.

I also agree that having a former Head Coach in McCoy helping a rookie Head Coach, like Vance Joseph, will be invaluable. Not to mention having Oakland's Offensive Coordinator working with McCoy on getting our young QBs up to speed.

Best of both worlds, and I'm very excited about it.

Comment

I'm really excited too. McCoy gets the most out of his players.

Jeff Legwold ESPN Senior Writer

Mike McCoy on thought of Broncos bringing in a veteran quarterback -- "I like the two guys we have." Said his approach right now is to prepare Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch to compete for starting job.

3h
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

After,watching all four pressers,I'm really excited about this upcoming season.I hope it translates into getting the team's fourth Superbowl trophy,but man I am excited
            I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

McError brought it here then McCoy kept it going...I was extremely excited when all 3 (McError, McCoy, bubble screen overkill) were gone.

But hey...maybe he's shredded that page of his playbook and learned some new offensive pass plays.
              You do remember the quarterbacks he had to work with, right?

If he had Rivers throwing a bunch of bubble screens, then maybe we have something to worry about.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I've only watched one press conference so far the Brock Olivo one and his energy is contagious just listening to him I can't wait to see what he has planned to get our return game going again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

Say what you want, but DT did some pretty cool stuff with those bubble screens. As far as running it 4 or 5 times a game? Yeah, I'm with you.

Comment

I am going to try and give him the benefit of doubt, this is a much different team and I'm sure he has grown as a coach. I will try my best to go in with an open mind. But if I can call most of the plays before they happen from my couch again, I fear he will get old on me quick.
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Mike McCoy was one of the best options available, but his playcalling will be criticized around here anyway. That's the way things are. McCoy is not exactly known as an aggressive coordinator with creativity. Look at the difference when Adam Gase took over in 2013. It was similar to Wade Phillips replacing Jack Del Rio. And there's only so much you can do with young QBs learning the system.

I don't expect anything innovative from Mike McCoy, but he has plenty of experience to know how to put these QBs in a good situation. I believe playcalling will continue to be considered an issue here until the team has an upper-level QB to make everything work as planned. Hopefully the o-line will be upgraded enough to put a respectable running game on the field.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        Say what you want, but DT did some pretty cool stuff with those bubble screens. As far as running it 4 or 5 times a game? Yeah, I'm with you.
                        We don't know if it was the play call each time or if it was an automatic check if the corner was off 10 yards? Cause if the corner is playing off you gladly take the free yards and then hope they'll either tighten up so you can gash them with a fake where the slot acts like he's blocking and goes deep, or just the WR beating the tighter coverage.

People complain about play calls all the time, sometimes warranted, but they often miss why the play was called when it was, it's not always about the play you've called, some times it's about what that play sets up. Either second and short or the chance to fake it and go deep are both acceptable answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          We don't know if it was the play call each time or if it was an automatic check if the corner was off 10 yards? Cause if the corner is playing off you gladly take the free yards and then hope they'll either tighten up so you can gash them with a fake where the slot acts like he's blocking and goes deep, or just the WR beating the tighter coverage.

People complain about play calls all the time, sometimes warranted, but they often miss why the play was called when it was, it's not always about the play you've called, some times it's about what that play sets up. Either second and short or the chance to fake it and go deep are both acceptable answers.
                          Unless the corners anticipate a screen (or read/react post snap), and make the tackle. But yeah, there were probably a lot of checks in there, so it's not always on the play calling. In short yardage situations, then by all means if they're playing ten yards off. But, you don't want to create tendencies. I think that's what people are saying. A team with aggressive corners, like ours, will usually limit YAC or get stops for negative yardage if you do it multiple times.

Comment

I have always liked McCoy. And he is gonna tailor the offense around the strengths of his players. Unlike Kubiak, he really means it and we know he means it from past experience.

On the other hand, Vance Joseph still feels like a nepotism pick by that drunk Russell. He at least has enough smarts to surround himself with competent coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Series based rushing offense attacks a defensive front forcing the D to adjust. Then the adjustments are attacked. That's how Counter works.

The basis of an effective passing attack can be found in Sid Gillman's guide on how to attack Cover 1 through 9. That can be supplemented by Bunch routes.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X