Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Extremely excited to have Mike McCoy back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    I love our new ST's coach. He definitely has a passion for ST and he's contagious. He definitely wants to make a difference on STs and I can't wait.

I'm actually excited for the new season and all the coaches.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 02-08-2017, 07:32 AM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I'll be excited if he can get rivers here

..... (pipe dreaming)

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        I'll be excited if he can get rivers here

..... (pipe dreaming)
        Put down the pipe.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I like McCoy due to the fact he is capable of adjusting to the players on the team. I think Kubiak was too stubborn in wanting to implement his offense rather than tailoring it for the individual players. I even felt this is what Kubiak did with Manning. Instead of running the Offense Manning was accustomed to, Kubiak appeared to be forcing his offense on players not very adept at running it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
            I like McCoy due to the fact he is capable of adjusting to the players on the team. I think Kubiak was too stubborn in wanting to implement his offense rather than tailoring it for the individual players. I even felt this is what Kubiak did with Manning. Instead of running the Offense Manning was accustomed to, Kubiak appeared to be forcing his offense on players not very adept at running it.
            Especially having PFM, who was in shot gun pretty much 95% of his pro career, under center where he clearly was not comfortable. Talk about square peg in a round hole.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
              Especially having PFM, who was in shot gun pretty much 95% of his pro career, under center where he clearly was not comfortable. Talk about square peg in a round hole.
              Exactly. Thank heavens we had the best Defense in the league. They more than made up for what we lacked on the Offensive side of the ball.
              sigpic

Comment

I love the coaching staff that was put together, and I'm excited for all of them. I'm glad we went in the direction that we did (I liked Shanny a lot, but VJ is quickly swaying my opinion) or we wouldn't have had this staff assembled.

I'm really looking forward to see how this team gels with the new staff, and I'm very optimistic that this will work out for the better. Can't wait for next season!
                2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

More than VJ himself, Broncos fans should embrace McCoy's hiring as the most important hire for the future of their QBs and thus their success. Having not tasted HC success should provide at least 3 years as OC from him, IMO (unless the Broncos win a SB within 2 years).
                  Last edited by chad72; 02-08-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

So, in regards to the Offense he'll run... from the original article I posted:

My trip to San Diego included a conversation with Mike McCoy on the progress of Philip Rivers. It was McCoy who had impressed upon Rivers in 2013 the value of what some call the dink-and-dunk: As a quarterback, read almost everything in the passing game from low to high, rather than from high to low. Asked how many quarterbacks would be better in that sort of offense, McCoy said, “All 32 of them.”

-----

He'll definitely bring back the wide-receiver screen with DT. Trevor Siemian is going to flourish in the McCoy offense because he was dinking and dunking in an offense that was designed for the big play, yet he was dinking a majority of the time anyway. McCoy's offense perfectly suits Trevor's preference.

Comment

I feel pretty yuck about McCoy being back.

Comment

I don't mind McCoy. If the run game is working then McCoy can be effective.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X