X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Denver is pretty committed to our young QBs

Didn't see this posted on here, but this was put on ESPN earlier today:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...bs-next-season

Seems like everyone in the FO and coaches have now said firmly that they're only interested in developing the talent we have already at QB.

I personally like this move. I think both of our young guys have great potential and investing in their future is to our benefit. I don't like the idea of a battered Romo coming in, or any of the other potential Vet QB free agents.

How's everyone else feel?
    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
    Sig by: MHS

This is a good thing it shows that they are determined to get every ounce of talent out of not only one but both of these guys whichever one performance best. We know which one Elway would prefer but we have an arsenal of offensive coaches that are extremely talented and know the game and I'm pretty sure they can get every ounce of talent out of either one of these guys.

I for one do not agree with all the Romo hype I know this isn't a thread speaking about Romo but I just want to say, what if Jerry Jones has no intention of releasing Romo, what if he's content with paying him all the money that he is owed at least until he can find a trading partner dumb enough to give into his trade demands?

In my opinion Jerry Jones is going to make it really expensive for any team to tempt to trade for Romo let alone take on the contract of a broken down 37-year-old.

If that is the case why not just go out and try and trade for somebody like Eli Manning who is just as expensive and would cost every bit as much in a trade but at least he is younger by a few months and healthier. I mean if we are going to go that route.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-08-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

yeah I saw this too. But until Romo is either released or picked up by another team, I'm not so sure this is a done deal. Always will be talks of picking up Romo if he is released and agrees to a team friendly contract
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

m3h...Elways is committed to Paxton. Listening to him on the Drive yesterday you can tell it will be Lynch under center opening day.

Or rather...in shotgun.

Comment

I'm pleased with this also. They're not going to pay Mr. Glass Tony Romo millions to come in and get hurt after a couple games. McCoy and Musgrave are perfect to develop Siemian and Lynch. With an oline and a decent TE or two besides Green this offense can get rolling again, and we don't need to break the bank to do it.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

At this time of year I do not believe anything said through the media. There is a lot of posturing going on. Executives are afraid to reveal their true intentions because they do not want to be taken advantage of or alienate current members of their teams. I would advise not reading too much into what is being written or said.
            sigpic

Comment

I would definitely be happy with this. I have said this numerous times, but the only other thing (that's possible to trade for) I would want other than our guys is Blake Bortles. That is a stretch and could be expensive, as in picks, as well. I would be totally fine keeping our guys.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

It's just talk.

Remember what happened after Elway said Tebow earned the right to enter training camp as the starter?

I'm not offering a prediction, I'm just saying.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I'm not really sure of a vet that we could bring in for an affordable amount. I believe Siemian's ceiling is a poor man's Alex Smith, I may be wrong, but I just don't know if he's a franchise QB and I'm nervous about risking another season, where our defense is very good and we're a 3 and out machine. I get the line was bad, and our run game struggled, but I was never wowed by Trevor.

Paxton is extremely raw, and looked very uncomfortable in his time this year. I do believe his ceiling is much higher with experience and an offense tailored to him.

I'm very nervous about the upcoming season, because I'm more than confident in our defense, but the QB situation determines whether we miss the playoffs or have a shot at another ring. If we drastically improve the O line and pick up a change of pace back to compliment CJ in the backfield, I'll feel okay with Paxton first, and Trevor second. Unless we pull of a big move, I don't see how we bring in a vet with a proven background, based on our current cap space.

Comment

Wait a second?

ESPN's now a credible source again?

I love you guys! It's going to be a very long off season isn't it.......

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                      I'm not really sure of a vet that we could bring in for an affordable amount. I believe Siemian's ceiling is a poor man's Alex Smith, I may be wrong, but I just don't know if he's a franchise QB and I'm nervous about risking another season, where our defense is very good and we're a 3 and out machine. I get the line was bad, and our run game struggled, but I was never wowed by Trevor.

Paxton is extremely raw, and looked very uncomfortable in his time this year. I do believe his ceiling is much higher with experience and an offense tailored to him.

I'm very nervous about the upcoming season, because I'm more than confident in our defense, but the QB situation determines whether we miss the playoffs or have a shot at another ring. If we drastically improve the O line and pick up a change of pace back to compliment CJ in the backfield, I'll feel okay with Paxton first, and Trevor second. Unless we pull of a big move, I don't see how we bring in a vet with a proven background, based on our current cap space.
                      Siemian actually put up very similar numbers to Alex Smith last year. In fact, Siemian's numbers were similar or better than Ryan Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton and Carson Wentz. All of those guys have way more experience except for Wenz, who was the #2 overall pick. Not too shabby. If the line improves and he gets some more weapons, I think Siemian would do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                        Didn't see this posted on here, but this was put on ESPN earlier today:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...bs-next-season

Seems like everyone in the FO and coaches have now said firmly that they're only interested in developing the talent we have already at QB.

I personally like this move. I think both of our young guys have great potential and investing in their future is to our benefit. I don't like the idea of a battered Romo coming in, or any of the other potential Vet QB free agents.

How's everyone else feel?
                        I like this move as well. You can't draft a QB every year hoping he'll be the franchise player. There will never be any continuity that way.

Comment

Like most teams, the Broncos are not showing their hand. Nothing new here. We'll see the truth after free agency begins.

Elway once praised Tebow and said he would help him, etc... Only to sign Peyton Manning and trade Tebow. And that was when the Broncos were the #1 team in the division and won a playoff game. Elway saw a chance to upgrade at QB and moved quickly.

Imagine how Elway must feel now that the Broncos finished 3rd in the division and missed the playoffs. There isn't a Peyton Manning out there this time. Also, Lynch and Siemian were drafted by Elway, unlike Tebow. However, if there is a chance to upgrade at the position, I wonder if Elway will really put his competitive fire aside and accept this rebuilding period until a difference-maker at QB emerges.

The front office and the coaching staff will praise the young QBs because that's what they have on the roster right now and the other QBs are still under contract. There is no reason to say today that these young QBs will face competition from a more experienced and accomplished player.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Imagine how Elway must feel now that the Broncos finished 3rd in the division and missed the playoffs. There isn't a Peyton Manning out there this time. Also, Lynch and Siemian were drafted by Elway, unlike Tebow. However, if there is a chance to upgrade at the position, I wonder if Elway will really put his competitive fire aside and accept this rebuilding period until a difference-maker at QB emerges. .
                            I'm curious about this as well. Elway has done a phenomenal job building a mostly offensive team that got to the SB, then refocussing on building a defensive team that won a SB. However, there may have been some ego situations along the way. No one's perfect but Elway went very high on Hillman, who seemed too small for the NFL from the beginning and Montee Ball (over LeVeon Bell). Neither really showed their worth and many saw early on they weren't producing. I believe we held onto both too long, with Elway I guess hoping they would catch on. We haven't addressed the O line much either. I believe in Elway, the GM and hope he makes the necessary moves this summer.

Comment

The defensive window can be replenished, so mortgaging draft picks and money for a stop gap vet QB is not worth it since you can still have that defensive window of dominance 2 or 3 years from now if done right.

Comment

Working...
                              X