X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
    Didn't see this posted on here, but this was put on ESPN earlier today:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...bs-next-season

Seems like everyone in the FO and coaches have now said firmly that they're only interested in developing the talent we have already at QB.

I personally like this move. I think both of our young guys have great potential and investing in their future is to our benefit. I don't like the idea of a battered Romo coming in, or any of the other potential Vet QB free agents.

How's everyone else feel?
    I think that is Jerry Jones first mistake. He has a rookie (Lynch) that is not very impressive, and a one year starter (Siemian) that frankly did poorly. 89.3 stat, he was not much better than Osweiler who was ranked 31st. Siemian was ranked 27th out of 32 QB with 16 TD's and 9 ints. That will not win this team a chance of even getting into the playoffs. Trevor was not a good College QB either which is why Elway traded up to get Lynch.
    Last edited by Black Knight; 02-10-2017, 02:50 PM.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by Black Knight View Post
      I think that is Jerry Jones first mistake. He has a rookie (Lynch) that is not very impressive, and a one year starter (Siemian) that frankly did poorly. 89.3 stat, he was not much better than Osweiler who was ranked 31st. Siemian was ranked 27th out of 32 QB with 16 TD's and 9 ints. That will not win this team a chance of even getting into the playoffs. Trevor was not a good College QB either which is why Elway traded up to get Lynch.
      You lost me. Jerry Jones (?) has Lynch and Siemian? Fill me in. What is Jerry Jones first mistake?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        You lost me. Jerry Jones (?) has Lynch and Siemian? Fill me in. What is Jerry Jones first mistake?
        Waking up thinking he owns the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-kicker View Post
          Here's my opinion! im not happy about the season and not real happy about Vance being hired as coach. There were other qualified coaches to take this spot! Vance will be gone in two years! Trevor and Paxton are not the answer to anything! Go get Romo! The window is closing on this team, or it will be a total do over! Any knows when I post I speak the truth either way, and I have expressed my concerns to J.E. Bronco at heart, we win in Denver, this isn't Cleveland!
          This gave me a good chuckle. Thank you. I appreciate it.

Comment

Just an example, a very recent example from... Last offseason:

Peyton Manning retiring >>> Brock Osweiler the heir apparent... Brock signs with Houston >>> Mark Sanchez comes via trade, was perceived as the stopgap starter for 2016... Did not even make the final roster >>> Colin Kaepernick visiting with Elway, will beat Sanchez and become the starter... Could not agree on a pay cut to finish the trade >>> Paxton Lynch drafted in the 1st round, Kaepernick out of the equation >>> Trevor Siemian, 7th-round pick, 3rd-string QB, wins the QB competition and starts 14 games.

All that happened last offseason... And there's a new one coming soon. Fasten your seatbelts.

It's very early to know for sure who will be the starting QB.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ex-kicker View Post
              Here's my opinion! im not happy about the season and not real happy about Vance being hired as coach. There were other qualified coaches to take this spot! Vance will be gone in two years! Trevor and Paxton are not the answer to anything! Go get Romo! The window is closing on this team, or it will be a total do over! Any knows when I post I speak the truth either way, and I have expressed my concerns to J.E. Bronco at heart, we win in Denver, this isn't Cleveland!
              I was under the impression, kickers (even ex kickers) were supposed to be seen and not heard? Barring you being anyone other than Jason Elam, I'm not too sure Elway has much time for your opinion. And if you're Jason Elam, I'm sure JE is more interested in what you think about McManus and our punter rather than your views on the QB situation.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                I like it all too. I wouldn't be against spending nearly nothing to bring a third body in here. Whether it be a McCown or late round pick.
                I agree. I know a lot of fans are concerned about the QB situation. With the right free agents on each line along with the draft I'm optimistic about this season. If Lynch starts we have a good situation with Trevor as back up or the other way around. There will be some ups and downs but still think we can do well.

Comment

Working...
                X