Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Assistant OL Coach

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Assistant OL Coach

    Chris Strausser from University of Washington will be the new assistant OL coach. He has a background in zone blocking. Most notably he was Matt Paradis' coach in college as well as AJ Ajayi's.
    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Chris Strausser from University of Washington will be the new assistant OL coach. He has a background in zone blocking. Most notably he was Matt Paradis' coach in college as well as AJ Ajayi's.
    Thoughts?
    He's the zone guy to replace John Benton. Jeff Davidson is the angle guy. Denver plans to use both, I guess.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      He's the zone guy to replace John Benton. Jeff Davidson is the angle guy. Denver plans to use both, I guess.
      I know John Benton is highly regarded by many, how much of a set back will losing him be to the development of the offensive line? Strausser has been in college for 25 years now, is he ready to make the leap to the pros?

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm a fan of anyone/anything around Chris Peterson. The guy brought Boise St into relevance. After taking over the Washington program, he took them to the college playoffs within 2-3 years. His program spit out some pretty good pros from players that weren't star recruits.

        When your school doesn't have the "big name" for recruiting, yet you're still asked to compete with bigger name programs, your staff becomes extremely important. Strausser was asked to take no-name, no-star/low-star kids and turn them into D1 football players. They've won a lot of games in WA and Boise

        There are A LOT of bad coaches in the NFL, I think Strausser is an awesome pickup for us. He should be able to really develop some of these guys.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well WELCOME Chris Strausser Dang Good to See You! So you waited 25 yrs just to become a Bronco, don't blame you. Welcome aboard!!!!!
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
            I know John Benton is highly regarded by many, how much of a set back will losing him be to the development of the offensive line? Strausser has been in college for 25 years now, is he ready to make the leap to the pros?
            Zone Blocking is prevalent at the FBS/D1A level. The big difference is how they block when it's option. I'm sure Coach Strausser knows what he's doing.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment

            Working...
            X