CJ Anderson Weight Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Anderson Weight Issues

Is Broncos running back C.J. Anderson overweight?

Anderson, who is still rehabbing from a surgery last October to have a meniscus repaired in his right knee, may have to lose a few pounds to get back into playing shape.

Last weekend, Anderson and retired NFL running back Marshawn Lynch attended a youth football camp hosted by 2017 draft prospect Joe Mixon.
    http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...on-overweight/

Compared to Mixon and Lynch, CJ does not look like a professional athlete. Obviously he hasn't been able to run since the surgery, but one would think with a proper diet and some physical therapy he would (should) have been able to keep the pounds off. Everyone remembers Gase calling him out for being overweight a few years ago.

CJ has his contract, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is running out of chances in Denver. I think there is at least a decent chance our starting RB is not currently on the roster.

This photo is about a week old, apologies if it has already been posted.

He got fat again? He did so well losing weight going into last season.

Comment

Hard to guess what his actual weight is, but Joe Mixon was 226 at his pro day and Lynch typically played around 215. I would have to think CJ is a good ways north of 240 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Hard to guess what his actual weight is, but Joe Mixon was 226 at his pro day and Lynch typically played around 215. I would have to think CJ is a good ways north of 240 at least.
        He's starting to look more like me (and I work call center and weight north of 250)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          He's starting to look more like me (and I work call center and weight north of 250)
          Maybe our starting left tackle is on the roster...

Comment

I wanted the Broncos to draft E. Lacy. Looks like they now have him!

Hope Booker has been training his butt off. Broncos may need him more then expected if that photo is at all the reality of his fitness level. Just what the Broncos do not need this year, another disappointing season for Anderson. All hope and hype, marginal consistency.

Comment

Hey now we have our own Beast-mode! I bet he drops 20 by the start of training camp.

Comment

So he hasn't been able to run since his injury. When is he able to begin training again?

Comment

Maybe our starting left tackle is on the roster...
                  Good one.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I hope C.J. doesn't injure himself getting back in shape.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                      Hey now we have our own Feast-mode! I bet he drops 20 by the start of training camp.
                      Fixed it for you

In all seriousness, this could turn out to be a very minor offseason note. Hope CJ gets it together on time and is ready for training camp. Regardless of his health and weight, I would expect us to draft a RB somewhere in rounds 1-3.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        I wanted the Broncos to draft E. Lacy. Looks like they now have him!

Hope Booker has been training his butt off. Broncos may need him more then expected if that photo is at all the reality of his fitness level. Just what the Broncos do not need this year, another disappointing season for Anderson. All hope and hype, marginal consistency.

I'm still very high on Booker. Hard to judge any of our backs too negatively based on last year's o-line performance.

Comment

We Andersons like our doughnuts.

It's a sickness.....

Comment

Fixed it for you

In all seriousness, this could turn out to be a very minor offseason note. Hope CJ gets it together on time and is ready for training camp. Regardless of his health and weight, I would expect us to draft a RB somewhere in rounds 1-3.
                            Awesome fix!!! I also expect us to draft a RB somewhere in the first four rounds.

Comment

He's not fat he's cultivating mass

Comment

Working...
                              X