No announcement yet.

All updates from OTA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think what the offense is trying to accomplish is the scoring of points, the acquiring of first downs, and controlling the clock when needed.

In essence, when the ball is snapped and a run play is called, the coaches are looking for a smooth snap, a smooth hand off, blocks being executed accordingly, and the RB showing the vision to find the hole, the burst to get to and through the hole, and the strength and mental acuity to hold onto the ball while making people miss when necessary and delivering punishing hits to the defender when necessary.

On the other hand, when the play is a pass play, the coaches are looking for a smooth snap, a good drop back with the QB looking for the routes to develop while reading the defense's movement, all while keeping an internal clock ticking and being aware of the rushers coming for the sack. The blockers must execute their blocks correctly, looking to help their teammates when needed. The WRs, TEs, and backs running the routes are expected to run their routes correctly at full speed, or not depending on the route, and then be ready for the ball and secure the catch with both feet inbounds and securing the ball as they make a football move. The QB's throw should be to the proper receiver, arriving at the correct time, with the correct velocity according to the route, receiver, and defense.

I believe these are the things the coaches are looking for. Hope that helped. 😂😂😂
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
      I think what the offense is trying to accomplish is the scoring of points, the acquiring of first downs, and controlling the clock when needed.

In essence, when the ball is snapped and a run play is called, the coaches are looking for a smooth snap, a smooth hand off, blocks being executed accordingly, and the RB showing the vision to find the hole, the burst to get to and through the hole, and the strength and mental acuity to hold onto the ball while making people miss when necessary and delivering punishing hits to the defender when necessary.

On the other hand, when the play is a pass play, the coaches are looking for a smooth snap, a good drop back with the QB looking for the routes to develop while reading the defense's movement, all while keeping an internal clock ticking and being aware of the rushers coming for the sack. The blockers must execute their blocks correctly, looking to help their teammates when needed. The WRs, TEs, and backs running the routes are expected to run their routes correctly at full speed, or not depending on the route, and then be ready for the ball and secure the catch with both feet inbounds and securing the ball as they make a football move. The QB's throw should be to the proper receiver, arriving at the correct time, with the correct velocity according to the route, receiver, and defense.

I believe these are the things the coaches are looking for. Hope that helped. ������
      OK. What kind of run blocking are they using mostly? Is it angle with down blocks and pullers, or zone steps? Has Counter been shown?

What kind of formations are being used? Under Center, Gun or both? One more than the other? Single Back, Two Back, Tight, Spread, 3/4 WRs?

Are they using a lot of play action passes? Is the passing game mostly deep, medium, short or a mix?

Thanks for posting.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• This thread reminds me of when the water-boy was explaining what he "does" at LT's football camp! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          OK. What kind of run blocking are they using mostly? RUN BLOCKING Is it angle with down blocks and pullers, or zone steps? ZONE ANGLE STEP BLOCKS with UP BLOCKS and PUHERS Has Counter been shown? NOT JUST COUNTER BUT CABINET TOO

What kind of formations are being used? ALL OF THEM Under Center, Gun or both? NEITHER One more than the other? EQUALLY Single Back, Two Back, Tight, Spread, 3/4 WRs? FOUR BACK SPREAD with WRs FACING BACKWARDS

Are they using a lot of play action passes? DEFINE A LOT Is the passing game mostly deep, medium, short or a mix? NOTHING BUT DEEP PASSES EXCEPT WHEN THEY THROW SHORT OR MEDIUM

Thanks for posting.
          Answers in Capital Letters. LOL

Comment

Answers in Capital Letters. LOL
            Wow, that sounds really innovative! McCoy may have turned a new page on the game of football.

I can hardly wait to see the step up blocks and the cabinet play.

I like the WRs facing backwards. That should throw the defense off. :thumb:

What about the defense. Are they using nickel (five DBs) or dime (ten DBs) that much?

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Wow, that sounds really innovative! McCoy may have turned a new page on the game of football.

I can hardly wait to see the step up blocks and the cabinet play.

I like the WRs facing backwards. That should throw the defense off. :thumb:

What about the defense. Are they using nickel (five DBs) or dime (ten DBs) that much?
              No nickel or dime. It's either penny or dollar, which they have code named Lincoln and Washington. Penny defense moves the defensive lineman to your normal LB position while bringing the CBS and Safeties to the edge to rush the passer (they are really quick). Lbs move to the line, using their quickness to squirt through the slow and tedious offensive lineman. Miller is the Penny, the lone deep guardian of the end zone. Any ball that gets past the rest of the defensive, Miller is responsible for stopping with a pick or Forced Fumble and recovery. Pretty simple concepts really: don't get beat, but if you do Von has got your back.

The dollar involves substituting Riley Dixon and McManus in at the DT position. They have to use their exceptional quick and strong feet to kick the ball from the center as he snaps it to the QB. Both Trevor and Paxton are struggling with acquiring the snap when Vance calls Washington, thus the focus from the coaches in my earlier post of the QBs receiving the ball smoothly from center. Paradis has already had to run extra laps for his miscues, and despite the cleat marks, he is a trooper and isn't complaining. I'll tell you though, that Bolles is a good one. He runs those extra laps with Matt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncodoodle View Post
                This thread reminds me of when the water-boy was explaining what he "does" at LT's football camp! LOL
                I'm the waterboy.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

No nickel or dime. It's either penny or dollar, which they have code named Lincoln and Washington. Penny defense moves the defensive lineman to your normal LB position while bringing the CBS and Safeties to the edge to rush the passer (they are really quick). Lbs move to the line, using their quickness to squirt through the slow and tedious offensive lineman. Miller is the Penny, the lone deep guardian of the end zone. Any ball that gets past the rest of the defensive, Miller is responsible for stopping with a pick or Forced Fumble and recovery. Pretty simple concepts really: don't get beat, but if you do Von has got your back.

The dollar involves substituting Riley Dixon and McManus in at the DT position. They have to use their exceptional quick and strong feet to kick the ball from the center as he snaps it to the QB. Both Trevor and Paxton are struggling with acquiring the snap when Vance calls Washington, thus the focus from the coaches in my earlier post of the QBs receiving the ball smoothly from center. Paradis has already had to run extra laps for his miscues, and despite the cleat marks, he is a trooper and isn't complaining. I'll tell you though, that Bolles is a good one. He runs those extra laps with Matt.
                  That's awesome! It's truly a new era for pro football. Vance Joseph and his staff will go down in history as the most innovative!

Comment

I think what the offense is trying to accomplish is the scoring of points, the acquiring of first downs, and controlling the clock when needed.

I believe these are the things the coaches are looking for. Hope that helped. 😂😂😂
                    It's a good attempt...

But no big D,

What this offense is all about, is scoring touchdowns...

I've heard McCoy, "At the end of the game, usually the team with the most points on the board- wins the game."

THIS!!! I BELIEVE THIS!!! Is the essence of where McCoy is going with the offence,

Your ideas about consistency in play are all nice, but we are really after points.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X