Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any "Sleepers" On the Roster?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If they don't end up cutting Taylor in favor of Lattimer. ��

    I'm going to say that Carlos Henderson is the most likely sleeper here...! Yep Carlos Henderson ����
    You mean the Jarvis Moss of WR's? He's a camp superstar...He'll disappear once the pads come on.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      You mean the Jarvis Moss of WR's? He's a camp superstar...He'll disappear once the pads come on.
      That's a little harsh. Moss was a 1st round pick, who never contributed & Latimer at least has scored in the NFL + he was a 3rd round pick, I believe
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        That's a little harsh. Moss was a 1st round pick, who never contributed & Latimer at least has scored in the NFL + he was a 3rd round pick, I believe


        2nd rd. We traded up for him in rd 2. We wanted 2 other guys but I forget their names atm. So we paniked and moved up for him. I still think he is going to pan out personally
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

        Comment


        • #19
          To be fair Latimer is a good/great STs player, good blocker for a WR and may still have potential. I don't think it is Latimer or Taylor necessarily fighting for a spot as much as Fowler and Latimer fighting for a spot. I think there is a decent chance the Broncos keep 6 WRs and Latimer's ST play might get him another year on the roster; we really need him to live up to expectations as a WR though ... that would really be great for the team. Latimer definitely has not lived up to expectations.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            The Giants have one evidently

            Red 98

            Kareem rises to the top

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              To be fair Latimer is a good/great STs player, good blocker for a WR and may still have potential. I don't think it is Latimer or Taylor necessarily fighting for a spot as much as Fowler and Latimer fighting for a spot. I think there is a decent chance the Broncos keep 6 WRs and Latimer's ST play might get him another year on the roster; we really need him to live up to expectations as a WR though ... that would really be great for the team. Latimer definitely has not lived up to expectations.
              Fowler is just as good if not better on special teams and has flashed at times at receiver. Latimer is facing an uphill climb but he put himself in this situation.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                I'm excited to see what Henderson can do with a few touches per game
                Agreed but bothckenzie and Henderon I fear will still need time to learn the nuances of the game at the pro level. Especially the fact that certain moves and ways they went about their business on field simply won't work at the NFL level. I suspect one or both will show us flashes but likely struggle with a fumble or two as they learn at this next level.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'll take a shot in the dark and say Devontae Booker. Kid was a rookie last year, had a lot of hype going into the season but fizzled out tremendously. I still think he's got a lot of fight and physical ability. With the Charles / Anderson duo being the talk of the town, I'd love to see Booker threaten the job from both of them, giving us a very lethal rushing attack this season.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
                    I'll take a shot in the dark and say Devontae Booker. Kid was a rookie last year, had a lot of hype going into the season but fizzled out tremendously. I still think he's got a lot of fight and physical ability. With the Charles / Anderson duo being the talk of the town, I'd love to see Booker threaten the job from both of them, giving us a very lethal rushing attack this season.
                    Booker could've been slowed by his injury in his last season in Utah. With an full offseason of work and another year from the injury he may surprise ... I hope so. He may have a hard time getting carries if CJ/Charles do well but that would be a good thing for the team. I think he still has the potential to contribute significantly for the Broncos this season.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      Booker could've been slowed by his injury in his last season in Utah. With an full offseason of work and another year from the injury he may surprise ... I hope so. He may have a hard time getting carries if CJ/Charles do well but that would be a good thing for the team. I think he still has the potential to contribute significantly for the Broncos this season.
                      I think a lot of Broncos fans got down on Booker way to fast. He had an amazing season up until he was forced to do it alone. He was gashing defenses for huge chunks. I expect him to take a big step forward. We'll probably need him at one point because the NFL season is so long and fraught with injuries.
                      2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Isaiah McKenzie is going to be both a ST phenom and will get 5 touches or so on offense and produce 1 big play per game. Game changer.
                        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                          Isaiah McKenzie is going to be both a ST phenom and will get 5 touches or so on offense and produce 1 big play per game. Game changer.
                          I agree he certainly has the tools and gifts to be 'that' guy. The one thing which does come to mind for me is his overall strength (How will he hold up...or perhaps better put hold on at the NFL level). Then there is his overall size and frame. Can he last a full 16 games? At the NFL level hits on him will be more frequent then in college and the hits he will take will also be harder. Can his body take that abuse...i hope so...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
                            I think a lot of Broncos fans got down on Booker way to fast. He had an amazing season up until he was forced to do it alone. He was gashing defenses for huge chunks. I expect him to take a big step forward. We'll probably need him at one point because the NFL season is so long and fraught with injuries.
                            That to me is an issue though...while I've seen many digs on these boards directed at CJ the one thing we cannot deny is how well he's generally played in the post season. To simplify that further....when he was needed and was given an opportunity he stepped up and performed. From my perspective Devonte was given that opportunity....he did not take it and he certainly didn't rise to the occasion. Of anything I think he played worse overall.

                            Now can he potentially learn from that and wow is all...sure. there will now, for me at least, be a question mark when he is playing for us in big games....can he rise to the opportunity and occasion and play his best football?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                              I agree he certainly has the tools and gifts to be 'that' guy. The one thing which does come to mind for me is his overall strength (How will he hold up...or perhaps better put hold on at the NFL level). Then there is his overall size and frame. Can he last a full 16 games? At the NFL level hits on him will be more frequent then in college and the hits he will take will also be harder. Can his body take that abuse...i hope so...
                              Actually, he'll be used way less than he was in college I imagine. Hits will be more impactful at this level. But, they won't be as frequent because he won't be used as much as he was at Georgia.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                                Actually, he'll be used way less than he was in college I imagine. Hits will be more impactful at this level. But, they won't be as frequent because he won't be used as much as he was at Georgia.
                                My point was that he had a real reputation in college for making guys miss more often than not. Many of the times I saw him go down was by tripping up of his feet. Yes the hits will be more impactful but I suspect he will actually get hit not tripped up more often as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X