Any "Sleepers" On the Roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    yeah. The problem last year seemed that he had trouble getting separation and as a result being targeted. And being used as a blocker, which doesn't seem to suit his skill set. But at least when he did get receptions, he got big gains from them.

while we're on the topic of sleeper tight ends, I think the most ready TE for our offense we have is AJ Derby. I think he's going to lead our TE group in receptions and TDs
    I think he was looked down upon a bit too much for a couple of real bad plays. But overall, gave us some promise. So, I would agree with you on Derby potentially surprising some people.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      I think he was looked down upon a bit too much for a couple of real bad plays. But overall, gave us some promise. So, I would agree with you on Derby potentially surprising some people.
      Sure he was but those big plays he didn't make or made mistakes on are big deals in the NFL. I think one guy who will open a few eyes is Krieger cobble. The issue with him is that he is not a big guy and must improve strength and blocking to be truly effective. Jeff H and Butt IMO look to be quite similar. I almost see an attempt and reproducing Dreessen. Who reminds me a bit of V.Green.

Another slight oddity which I believe we have on our roster is that out top 1 and two WRs are top shelf. Our number 3 at this stage, let's just hope it's Taylor, is 6ft5. With his height being similar to that of many TE's I wonder if even with better blocking if he's naturally taking away passes to the TE.

Comment

I see potential in Derby, too
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

1- Jarrett if he can get into better shape. He was too fat and it slowed him down in college.
          2- McKenzie will provide big play spark ⚡️ from Day 1
          3- Henderson will shine for us as a rookie as well

Comment

Originally posted by oklahomabronco View Post
            1- Jarrett if he can get into better shape. He was too fat and it slowed him down in college.
            2- McKenzie will provide big play spark ⚡️ from Day 1
            3- Henderson will shine for us as a rookie as well
            Which one, Carlos or DeAngelo?
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              I would say both? Wait, hopefully not so much DeAngelo because if he "shines" (might have to define "shine") there is a good possibility that he got that opportunity due to bad things that I am not going to say. I do think DeAngelo will likely make the final 53 but, for this season I hope he doesn't have the opportunity to "shine".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                I see potential in Derby, too
                id love for jarret to be able to play 1st and 2nd downs and come out for passing situations for a rest.

Comment

I vote Josh Banderas MLB Nebraska. He is my sleeper I feel could steal a starting job. Only cause I see Davis as the weak link on this D and keep hoping for a surprise tone setter at MLB instead of settling for mediocrity as our main option.
                  2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                    I vote Josh Banderas MLB Nebraska. He is my sleeper I feel could steal a starting job. Only cause I see Davis as the weak link on this D and keep hoping for a surprise tone setter at MLB instead of settling for mediocrity as our main option.
                    Pretty sure we waived Banderas. Sorry dude.

Comment

Well that sucks. I'll pick a new MLB n try again. Lol
                      2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Keep an eye on Rip Van Winkle from Catskills Tech...he's a real sleeper.

Comment

4 Players I have high hopes for on offense, where when and why.

I think discounting Jamaal Charles is a mistake. He's returning from injury, not poor play. So with that in mind, I have high expectations for his role in the offense.
                          When we played NE in the Championship game two seasons ago, they ran their back (White) down the sideline and tried to make big gains by throwing to him. We had linebackers (Marshall and Trevathan) who prevented that.
                          Last year against the Falcons, we had no such answers to those plays by Coleman out of the backfield.
                          Charles has this ability in spades. In fact, he used it against us two years ago, but was thankfully dislodged of the ball near the goal line.

A.J. Derby. We had a limited sample size of him last year, but what I saw was grit, toughness, and a willingness to mix it up with anyone. Not to mention, he has pretty good hands. He won't press the seem like Gronk or Julius Thomas, but he's better than he's had the chance to show so far. I look for, at the very least, a big showing in training camp, to let the coaches know he's a legitimate threat over the middle.

Carlos Henderson. My gut tells me he's going to emerge, sometime before November, as the wide receiver we wanted Latimer to be when we drafted him. This young man runs angry, knees high, full tilt, and can gather himself in traffic like he's been doing it a long time. He's going to open some eyes.

Watson. I think there is so much attention being paid to the left tackle spot (rightly so) that the deficit we had at right tackle seems to be forgotten. Menelik is going to be an upgrade, or the line is going to suffer. So it's not that I can point to anything with Watson, other than blind hope.

Thoughts?
                          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

I like how you're thinking.
                            Charles - Derby - Henderson - Watson are good choices.

I'll add McKenzie as a punt returner and I bet Bolles has a solid rookie campaign

Comment

Sunshine and Derby are due, as rookies go, DeAngelo is my pick of the two Hendersons. We might finally have a RB that doesn't clutch at something everytime he gets tackled. Bolles is going to be a stud!
                              [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Both 😂 lol

Seriously, I was talking about Carlos on KO returns and he'll get a few catches too!

I'd like to see DeAngelo make the team as well. Dudes got some "it" factor as a RB, I like what film I've seen in him.

Comment

Working...
                                X