Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMarcus Walker's endurance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DeMarcus Walker's endurance

    I recall being lightly slammed when voicing my concerns on Walker's endurance issues, having to sit on the sideline a lot back in Florida State. I was concerned how that would carry to the mile high altitude.

    Now there are reports coming out of camp that he had to step out of practice due to a 'heat issue'. Not an injury, but apparently he had acclimation problems.


    With that being said, are endurance issues something that may plague our newest pass-rusher?

  • #2
    Let's see if it's an issue in September-January. Not one day in July. I'd at least wait until it becomes a theme before you call out others for "slamming" you.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's very early. Not every rookie is going to walk into training camp with the knowledge of how to prepare and prevent these sorts of things from happening when the intensity of training picks up. If this happens a couple more times in the next week then you start to worry about work ethic and/or an underlying medical condition. But it's the first day. As of right now not the biggest concern of mine.
      A book I wrote

      Comment


      • #4
        http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ker?id=2557894

        Durable and dependable; played in 90 percent of the defensive snaps 2016.
        http://www.tallahassee.com/story/spo...-day/99730482/

        Florida State defensive end DeMarcus Walker finished up his four years in Tallahassee with the third most sacks in program history (28.5).
        As you can see, he played in 90% of the snaps last season and produced the 3rd most sacks in FSU history. I don't think endurance will be a problem.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
          I recall being lightly slammed when voicing my concerns on Walker's endurance issues, having to sit on the sideline a lot back in Florida State. I was concerned how that would carry to the mile high altitude.

          Now there are reports coming out of camp that he had to step out of practice due to a 'heat issue'. Not an injury, but apparently he had acclimation problems.


          With that being said, are endurance issues something that may plague our newest pass-rusher?
          Hahaha "slammed" you just had to point that out. LOL

          Anyway this could be a blessing in disguise. What I mean is, instead of Walker going out there and wearing himself out, risking a more severe injury, this will give him a chance to adjust the mile high altitude and gradually ease himself in the football shape for the coming season.

          I wouldn't worry too much about this he's going to be fine.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ker?id=2557894



            http://www.tallahassee.com/story/spo...-day/99730482/



            As you can see, he played in 90% of the snaps last season and produced the 3rd most sacks in FSU history. I don't think endurance will be a problem.
            Thank you! he's probably going to be a 3rd down specialist right now anyway with Gotsis growing into a formidable run stuffer.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
              I recall being lightly slammed when voicing my concerns on Walker's endurance issues, having to sit on the sideline a lot back in Florida State. I was concerned how that would carry to the mile high altitude.

              Now there are reports coming out of camp that he had to step out of practice due to a 'heat issue'. Not an injury, but apparently he had acclimation problems.


              With that being said, are endurance issues something that may plague our newest pass-rusher?
              I wasn't one of the ones you are calling out "slamming you", but it's day one man... There are some who aren't in football shape yet, lets give it a bit more time to see if he gets in football shape. It's a bit early for I told you so's.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                I wasn't one of the ones you are calling out "slamming you", but it's day one man... There are some who aren't in football shape yet, lets give it a bit more time to see if he gets in football shape. It's a bit early for I told you so's.
                This is the interwebs. It's never too early for I told you so's, even inaccurate ones.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thread cleaned. If the arguing continues the thread might close. That would be unfortunate, it's a good topic for discussion.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't recall the media asking Joseph anything about Walker, does that mean he could be off the radar, for a Ray replacement, Mack like on that side...
                    :lombardi:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ker?id=2557894



                      http://www.tallahassee.com/story/spo...-day/99730482/



                      As you can see, he played in 90% of the snaps last season and produced the 3rd most sacks in FSU history. I don't think endurance will be a problem.
                      Well if he was in better shape he could played in 95-100% of the plays...

                      Given that a player died in NFL camp due to overheating issues, I'm guessing teams will always go with caution in cases where it pops up. As they should. The days of 3 hour practices with water being for the weak are dead, thankfully.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm sure his body will get acclimated to the altitude eventually.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Double team Von, crunch the single team with size.
                          :lombardi:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Endaround View Post
                            I don't recall the media asking Joseph anything about Walker, does that mean he could be off the radar, for a Ray replacement, Mack like on that side...
                            If Wolfe and Walker can provide interior pressure, with Miller providing what he does off the defensive left side, they should be able to get by with just about anyone on the right side, temporarily. If Gotsis can end up providing pressure up the middle, with Wolfe, then Walker could be bumped outside. But I think the interior pressure is more important.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Im excited somewhat for this kid, he could be that hidden gem on D that noone knows about yet. Our answer for that guy that went to Jtown for cash, but better.
                              :lombardi:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X