Almost time for the Pick Em!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost time for the Pick Em!!

Yes!!!! I'm back. My usual summer sabatacle which includes as many dirt track races as I can get to(now at 37) and watching my Pens hoist that Cup in back-to-back seasons.

Which means it is almost time for the BCPEC. For you newbies, that's the Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge. I'm posting this, to get any suggestions for tiebreaker, rules, additions, crap you don't like, etc. Lets hear it!!
    2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
    Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

I think all tiebreakers should go to me
    sigpic

Comment

Hahha... winning it All this year!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        This ain't bingo son

you aren't gonna win anything but a participation medal.

Comment

After 2nd place last year. Its 1st place or bust for me now.
          Denver Broncos
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks
          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            This ain't bingo son

just go sign up for FF again so I can lay another beating.....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
              This ain't bingo son

just go sign up for FF again so I can lay another beating.....
              Rem, the game is rigged, EM is going to win...

Pick EM

See, it's right there in the game title.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                Rem, the game is rigged, EM is going to win...

Pick EM

See, it's right there in the game title.

SHHHHHHHHH he missed that ...
                sigpic

Comment

I propose a new rule. Anyone that had the name #87birdman is allowed to post his picks on the Tuesday following the games.

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                    I propose a new rule. Anyone that had the name #87birdman is allowed to post his picks on the Tuesday following the games.
                    you CAN post your picks that day... they probably just won't be accepted

Comment

I'm thinking of offering a mulligan to everyone for .... wait, that wouldn't do any good.

Okay, how about bonus points for consecutive weeks picked?

Of course we could say anyone who picks a team to win against the Broncos, if correct, only gets 1/2 credit because they would no doubt be the one to blame for jinxing our beloved orange and blue!
                      Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                      Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                      Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Might be too much work, but maybe some sort of bonus if someone correctly picks a certain amount of "upsets" during that week.

Whether it's an upset could be based on vegas or any other method you'd prefer since you're doing the work.

Comment

I am the Jeff Fisher of the Pick Em.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
                            Yes!!!! I'm back. My usual summer sabatacle which includes as many dirt track races as I can get to(now at 37) and watching my Pens hoist that Cup in back-to-back seasons.

Which means it is almost time for the BCPEC. For you newbies, that's the Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge. I'm posting this, to get any suggestions for tiebreaker, rules, additions, crap you don't like, etc. Lets hear it!!
                            To me, it seems that we get about 4-6 weeks into the season and there starts to be fall-out from those that got a poor start. There is also a whole big grouping separated by just a few points.

I think it would be nice to do something that breaks that log-jam up and to give someone that missed a game a fighting chance to make a comeback. Some leap-frogging in scoring leaders might be kind of cool.

I think the way to do that is to have a weekly designated Wild-Game or a Bonus Game that is easy to keep score for and track.

One idea would be if there are 17-weeks in the season; each week has a Bonus Game that is the same for everyone. Maybe it is the Broncos game or the Monday night game? Maybe the weekly winner gets to pick the next week's bonus game? The point value to the Bonus game is the same as the week of the season. So, the 1st week the Wild game or Bonus Game is 1-point, the 2nd-week, 2-points... 10th week, 10-points, 16th week,16-points, etc.

Perhaps there is a better idea, but I kind of like this because the deeper into the season, the bigger the points and those that want to take risks could find themselves back into the thick of things very quickly. It also would be easy to score since one game would be the same bonus for everyone that picked the winner. I also think that one of the current flaws or things that frustrates many as the season nears the end all the leader has to do is pick later and pick almost the same as those that are close behind so the chasers can not catch up. Having a varying point Bonus game fixes that.

Just an idea, maybe a dumb one or maybe a starting point, but it is what seems to make sense to me.

So, week one, no bonus game.
                            Week 2, the Week 1 winner designates the bonus game as the Monday night game (whatever game they want). That game is worth 2-points instead of the usual 1.
                            Week 3, the Week 2 winner designates the bonus game (again whatever game they want). That game is worth 3-points instead of the usual 1.
                            Week4, the same, the week 3 winner designates the game and that game is worth 4-points instead of 1. Now the risk taking and the trolling starts kicking in. Does the winner designate an easy game or a tough call game to generate some spread? So there is some strategy that can come into play, but it is the same for everyone.

I dunno, maybe a dumb idea, but might be kind of fun.
                            Last edited by Rancid; 08-01-2017, 06:17 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Not going to lie, that isn't actually a bad idea. Let me think about that one. Gives the guys that are way out of it a fighting chance. I was also thinking about maybe giving the winner and extra couple points/picks or something
                              2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
                              Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
                              US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

Working...
                              X