No announcement yet.

Almost time for the Pick Em!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember at my old place of work I ran the pick em and what we did to keep the point totals the same was add in college games to account for bye weeks. So there was always 17 points possible each week. (Being in Iowa with Hawkeye fans we always had the Hawkeye game in there so that is the extra game)

But I like rancid method better as comets might not be followed as closely.

As far as winner getting extra points I think that would really sting for those who tie and lose via tiebreaker.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

I was giving this some thought as to how it could work. It would need to be simple and clear.

The weekly winner has 24-hours to designate the bonus game by midnight Tuesday after MNF. This gives 'The Comish' enough time to post the pick 'em before a Thursday game. And, those that are plotting their picks ample time to ponder. The bonus game could be identified with an asterisk (*) next to it if you wanted to keep it simple.

So, to be clear; consider we are in week 10 of the upcoming season. Week 9's winner designates the Week-10 Bonus game as the Cowboys at the Falcons because his strategy is to bring some separation to the pack. That is a tough game, could go either way. Half the people pick the Cowboys, half the Falcons. The Falcons win and those that picked them get 10-points instead of the usual 1. Those that got the 10-points just jumped over many in the group that picked the Cowboys. To me, this gives those that are in the 30's and 40's on the list at week-10 a shot at a comeback. Usually, participation dies out at this time because unless you are in the top-25 it is probably over for you.

The winner of Week 10 has until Tuesday midnight to designate the bonus game for week 11.

Where I see this breaking down is: 1- Where does the winner post the designated bonus game? Is it a new thread or at the end of that week's pick 'em thread? It has to be clear.

If the weekly winner does not pick the bonus game, then the bonus game should automatically default to the next week's MNF game.
      sigpic

Comment

I feel that how the league was run for the last couple of weeks of the playoffs is how it should go. Use the score of the Monday night game or the Broncos game for the tie-breaker. You do a good job taz. Good luck.
        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

My only issue with the bonus game is, sometimes I can't post the results until Wednesday, which in turn creates chaos. I'm not entirely sure that idea will work out that way.
          2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
          Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
          US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
            My only issue with the bonus game is, sometimes I can't post the results until Wednesday, which in turn creates chaos. I'm not entirely sure that idea will work out that way.
            It would be a deal-breaker. The winner would have to be identified quickly.

The way around that is just to designate either the Broncos game or MNF game so you would have more time not having to identify a winner.
            sigpic

Comment

One way I could do it would be say, have the week 1 winner pick the week 3 bonus game. Just skip a week and then it would give them time. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
                One way I could do it would be say, have the week 1 winner pick the week 3 bonus game. Just skip a week and then it would give them time. Thoughts?
                that would work and you pick the first 2 weeks bonus games. Unless the game was only worth the week you were on. So week one bonus game would be 1 point like the rest or 1 bonus point on top of the 1 for the right answer.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

.........or..... this game is awesome and works just fine as is?

:thumb:
                  sigpic

Comment

You guys are going all Rodger Göodell and adding more rules.... pretty soon we will have poor Taz under a hood trying to decide if a pick was actually a pick....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      You guys are going all Rodger Göodell and adding more rules.... pretty soon we will have poor Taz under a hood trying to decide if a pick was actually a pick....
                      just have to confuse him enough that I win. Seems simple enough

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

My suggestion is to keep the game as it is.
                        sigpic

Comment

If you want to think about modifying it, maybe create a thread where ideas can be solicited and discussed; but it will probably end up staying the same.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                            This is still under review. Lol. This post was just that for suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                            X