WR-6
    TE-3
    Oline-9

Dline-6
    LB-8
    CB-5
    S-4

K/P/LS-3

That leaves one spot...safety would be a good guess for the last one but maybe an extra TE...depending on if they put Butt on IR or PUP.
    53rd spot will be a special teams spot, could end up being 7 receivers if Taylor badly outplays Fowler and/or Lattimer but no one else can beat them out on special teams. Or it could be a 5th safety or 9th LB, it'll all depend on Olivo.

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
      (2)QB- Lynch, Seimian, (Kelly IR) (Sloter PS)
      (4)RB- Anderson, Charles, Booker, Henderson
      (1)FB- Janovich
      (7)WR- Thomas, Sanders, Fowler, Latimer, Taylor, Henderson, McKenzie (Raymond PS)
      (8)OL- Bolles, Barbre, Paradis, Leary, Watson, McGovern, Garcia, Schofield/Stepenson, (Wilkinson PS) (Hunt PS)
      (3)TE- Green, Derby, Heuerman (Butt IR) (Scheu PS) (25)

(2)NT D. Peko, Jarrett (K Peko IR)
      (5)DE Wolfe, Gotsis, Kerr, Walker, Crick,
      (5)OLB Miller, Shane, Barrett, Edibali, Dora, Walker, (Ekanem/ Soto PS)
      (4)ILB Marshall, Davis, Anderson, Nelson (Garcia-Williams PS)
      (5)CB Talib, Harris, Roby, Doss, Langley(Lewis-Harris PS)
      (4)S. Ward, Stewart, Simons, Parks (Carter PS)
      (25)

K- McManus
      P-Dixon
      LS- Kreiter
      (3)

Possible Special Teams Candidates
      Henderson (RB)
      Booker
      Janovich
      Fowler
      Latimer
      Taylor
      Henderson (WR)
      McKenzie
      Green

Barret
      Edibali
      Dora
      Walker
      Anderson (LB)
      Nelson
      Doss
      Langley
      Simons
      Parks
      The only thing I'd change is that some of your IR candidates (Butt and Peko) would make more sense on the PUP list to start the season, that way they can bring them to the roster, if healthy, without burning the two IR return spots. Kelly actually might be a candidate for that as well (if not healed) because then he can come and practice for several weeks during the midseason, without any issues. Technically if he's on IR he can't practice at all...although I'm sure it happens.

Booker may also be a candidate to start the season on the PUP list, especially if Ridley shows up big during the preseason and gives the team solid efforts on special teams.

Comment

Offense (25)

QB (2) Siemian, Lynch
        RB (4) C.J. Anderson, Charles, D. Henderson, Ridley
        FB (1) Janovich
        WR (6) Thomas, Sanders, Fowler, Latimer, C. Henderson, McKenzie
        TE (3) Green, Heuerman, Derby
        OL (9) Bolles, Garcia, Paradis, Leary, Watson, Stephenson, Barbre, McGovern, Turner

Defense (25)

DL (6) D. Peko, Winn, Wolfe, Kerr, Crick, Gotsis
        LB (9) Miller, Ray, Edebali, Walker, Dora, Marshall, Davis, Nelson, Z. Anderson
        CB (5) Talib, Harris, Roby, Langley, Doss
        S (5) Stewart, Ward, Simmons, Parks, Barnett

Special Teams (3)

K (1) McManus
        P (1) Dixon
        LS (1) Kreiter

PUP (2) Booker, Barrett

IR (3) Kelly, Butt, K. Peko
        Last edited by -Rod-; 08-07-2017, 10:34 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          Offense (26)

QB (2) Siemian, Lynch
          RB (4) C.J. Anderson, Charles, D. Henderson, Ridley
          FB (1) Janovich
          WR (7) Thomas, Sanders, Fowler, Latimer, C. Henderson, McKenzie, Taylor
          TE (3) Green, Heuerman, Derby
          OL (9) Bolles, Garcia, Paradis, Leary, Watson, Stephenson, Barbre, McGovern, Turner

Defense (24)

DL (6) D. Peko, Winn, Wolfe, Kerr, Crick, Gotsis
          LB (8) Miller, Edebali, Walker, Dora, Marshall, Davis, Nelson, Z. Anderson
          CB (5) Talib, Harris, Roby, Langley, Doss
          S (5) Stewart, Ward, Simmons, Parks, Barnett

Special Teams (3)

K (1) McManus
          P (1) Dixon
          LS (1) Kreiter

PUP (3) Booker, Ray, Barrett

IR (3) Kelly, Butt, K. Peko
          Ray can't go on the PUP because he's already practiced in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Ray can't go on the PUP because he's already practiced in camp.
            That's true. Then it would be 9 LBs and I'd remove either Barnett or Taylor. I think Booker goes on PUP to buy the Broncos some time to choose between Charles and Ridley, then one of them must go when Booker returns. It's possible that Charles won't even make it through the first 6 games.
            sigpic

Comment

if Slotter in on the PS, someone will grab him especially if he kills it in Pre-season. the kid can ball.

Comment

Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
                if Slotter in on the PS, someone will grab him especially if he kills it in Pre-season. the kid can ball.
                That could be true but I haven't heard that much from him during TC that would suggest the team would want to keep three QBs on the roster. We'll see how does during the preseason games, maybe he will show something much like Siemian did after he was drafted and then stashed on the roster to keep him from getting poached back in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
                  Maybe if he has a real great Pre-season. But he went undrafted and everything now is against a 3rd team defense. I've noticed the Denver fanbase has a way of falling in love with the third string QB every year. I think that's magnified in this case because he played college ball in Colorado.

Comment

Maybe if he has a real great Pre-season. But he went undrafted and everything now is against a 3rd team defense. I've noticed the Denver fanbase has a way of falling in love with the third string QB every year. I think that's magnified in this case because he played college ball in Colorado.
                    Problem is... we have Kelly along with Sloter, which one are you more comfortable losing? As if Kelly goes on IR this year, what do you do with Sloter. Carry 4 on the roster?

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                      Problem is... we have Kelly along with Sloter, which one are you more comfortable losing? As if Kelly goes on IR this year, what do you do with Sloter. Carry 4 on the roster?
                      If Kelly ends up on IR, he won't count toward the 53 man roster this year. It would be cool if they could release Kyle and sign him to the PS. If he looks good in preseason games, that would expose him to being claimed. Even if he made it to Denver's PS another team could sign him to their roster later. That's what happened with Trevor. He looked good in preseason so the Broncos put him on the roster. They were afraid he would be signed by another team.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        If Kelly ends up on IR, he won't count toward the 53 man roster this year. It would be cool if they could release Kyle and sign him to the PS. If he looks good in preseason games, that would expose him to being claimed. Even if he made it to Denver's PS another team could sign him to their roster later. That's what happened with Trevor. He looked good in preseason so the Broncos put him on the roster. They were afraid he would be signed by another team.
                        I would be shocked if Kelly is not on IR and Kyle Sloter is stashed away on the PS. I think we all share a suspicion that one of those two may be the long-term answer to QB-- we just have to wait until next season to find out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                          I'm fairly confident that Kelly goes to the PUP list, they bring him to practice for 3 weeks when he's allowed to and then they either add him to the 53 or more likely he goes on IR after that. Either way he doesn't count against the 53. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Sloter gets claimed, I think he's able to go to the practice squad. Outside of hardcore fans and local media, Sloter isn't someone that's going to move the needle around the NFL, unless he has an incredible preseason.

Comment

The only thing I'd change is that some of your IR candidates (Butt and Peko) would make more sense on the PUP list to start the season, that way they can bring them to the roster, if healthy, without burning the two IR return spots. Kelly actually might be a candidate for that as well (if not healed) because then he can come and practice for several weeks during the midseason, without any issues. Technically if he's on IR he can't practice at all...although I'm sure it happens.

Booker may also be a candidate to start the season on the PUP list, especially if Ridley shows up big during the preseason and gives the team solid efforts on special teams.
                            My problem with PUP vice IR is who gets cut when Kelly, Butts and Peko come off the PUP. I guess Peko takes Winn roster spot. Butt can replace one of the seven wide receivers I have but now we need to clear room for Kelly. Let Butt, Kelly, Henderson, Winn and Peko fully recover and be a force next year.

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                              My problem with PUP vice IR is who gets cut when Kelly, Butts and Peko come off the PUP. I guess Peko takes Winn roster spot. Butt can replace one of the seven wide receivers I have but now we need to clear room for Kelly. Let Butt, Kelly, Henderson, Winn and Peko fully recover and be a force next year.
                              There is a good chance that Kelly stays on IR this whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                                There is a good chance that Kelly stays on IR this whole season.
                                I agree. I also this it is likely that we see a bunch of fodder on the 53 man roster too. Keeping in mind that we have 2 or three guys injured now who are slated to return. The one question mark for me at least will be if Peko (younger one) can outplay Jarrett when he returns. Conditioning and altitude training is a big deal especially for the big lineman /NTs.

In addition to WR another log jam position which I am not hearing much about is TE....if Butt is healthy I suspect he come back and is eased into playing time. With what I expect to be 3 making the 53 plus our FB I suspect we will drop a RB or WE to make room....then at that point you wonder if carrying 4 TEs even makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X