Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    Every position on the roster ordered... Except QB

Surprised to see AJ Derby as the #3 TE, reports out of camp have been nothing but positive towards him. Same with Doss being so far down amongst the CBs. I wonder how long Garcia can hold onto the starting LG spot for?
    I wouldn't take the first depth chart too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      I wouldn't take the first depth chart too seriously.
      I never do

Still surprised by a few of the orders, though.

Comment

I never do

Still surprised by a few of the orders, though.
        Langley ahead of Doss is surprising, but it may be due to his ST abilities. AJ Derby being #3 is also very surprising, I thought he'd be at least 1 or 2. Still early to make an opinion on who starts. Gotta see who steps up in the preseason games
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

To me, the biggest surprise is that Carlos Henderson, our 3rd rounder this year, is close to the bottom on the WR chart. I don't know what Elway will choose to do with him if he doesn't move up. I can't tell you the last time the Broncos cut a 3rd rounder in his first year.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
            To me, the biggest surprise is that Carlos Henderson, our 3rd rounder this year, is close to the bottom on the WR chart. I don't know what Elway will choose to do with him if he doesn't move up. I can't tell you the last time the Broncos cut a 3rd rounder in his first year.
            Maurice Clarett?

I think he's pretty much guaranteed to make the team based off his draft position alone. I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 WRs make the final 53 man roster.

Comment

Maurice Clarett?

I think he's pretty much guaranteed to make the team based off his draft position alone. I wouldn't be surprised to see 7 WRs make the final 53 man roster.
              I would be totally surprised. 6 max, imo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                They won't cut him. They will cut a WR that has performed better than Carlos Henderson. The advantage of being a fresh 3rd-round pick. If Fowler and Latimer are the #3 and #4 WRs, I won't be surprised if Jordan Taylor does not make the team.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  They won't cut him. They will cut a WR that has performed better than Carlos Henderson. The advantage of being a fresh 3rd-round pick. If Fowler and Latimer are the #3 and #4 WRs, I won't be surprised if Jordan Taylor does not make the team.
                  I remember Brock Olivo recently talking about how valuable Fowler and Latimer are to special teams, and both were mentioned as potential captains for this season. Early indications of the odd man out at WR do seem to be Taylor. That said, I think he's capable of out-performing others during the preseason.

Comment

I don't feel so bad for Taylor because he will find a job quickly. If no one else takes him, I think Adam Gase will be interested in bringing him to Miami, especially with Peyton Manning's recommendation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      I would be totally surprised. 6 max, imo
                      Too early to tell..

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                        Too early to tell..
                        no, it isn't. 7 WR is too much capital tied up in one position...especially when at least 3 of them would hardly ever see the field. I don't think they have ever kept 7 WR.

These are bare minumums:

QB-2
                        RB-3
                        FB-1
                        TE-2
                        WR-4
                        Oline-8
                        Dline-6
                        LB-8
                        CB-5
                        S-4
                        ST-3

Thats 46...leaving 7 more spots...they aren't going to use half of those to fill up 7 WR spots
                        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-07-2017, 12:29 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                          I don't feel so bad for Taylor because he will find a job quickly. If no one else takes him, I think Adam Gase will be interested in bringing him to Miami, especially with Peyton Manning's recommendation.
                          Man that would be sad to see Taylor go. He was my favorite receiver after DT and Sanders. But receivers who get TD's in this league get picked up, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign somewhere soon. He may claim that 3rd spot after preseason though, so who knows
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Schofield isn't a surprise to anybody?
                            Denver Broncos GM
                            Originally posted by Mosk
                            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              no, it isn't. 7 WR is too much capital tied up in one position...especially when at least 3 of them would hardly ever see the field. I don't think they have ever kept 7 WR.

These are bare minumums:

QB-2
                              RB-3
                              FB-1
                              TE-2
                              WR-4
                              Oline-8
                              Dline-6
                              LB-8
                              CB-5
                              S-4
                              ST-3

Thats 46...leaving 7 more spots...they aren't going to use half of those to fill up 7 WR spots
                              Someone mentioned keeping 7, you posted 6 but it could really be 5, it's too early to tell how many will be kept.

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                                Schofield isn't a surprise to anybody?
                                This is the last year of his contract. His time is up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X