Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Elway screwed this up but only time will tell. Good luck to sloter. Elway find us a frachise qb and quit screwing it up
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

• Originally posted by jkinder33 View Post
      I think Elway screwed this up but only time will tell. Good luck to sloter. Elway find us a frachise qb and quit screwing it up
      Because that's so easy. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
        Because that's so easy. Haha
        It's tough if u keep drafting giraffes and cutting guys that show potential. Hahaha bahahaha lol omg
        Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

• Originally posted by jkinder33 View Post
          It's tough if u keep drafting giraffes and cutting guys that show potential. Hahaha bahahaha lol omg
          It's tough no matter who you draft lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            Unless you see the two against the exact same defense, or at least similar defenses and players, it's simply not true that he outplayed him. From all account Sloter was very much up and down from day to day at camp, often throwing interceptions against the 3's and 4's. And then the last two weeks Sloter was running the scout offense against the number 1 D and struggled badly to even complete passes.

He simply isn't ready to be a QB in a regular season NFL game at this point. And no other team thought that he was. Good luck to him, hopefully he develops and earns a spot on a team's 53. But he's gone.
            We did see him against the same defense in game three. All be it Lynch wasn't in long but we did see Sloter in vs the same line....the result was a few poor throws and then he followed those up with two stellar ones and a TD. This is all while getting no reps with his offense which he eventually ran in G3.

Sure it is clear Sloter wasn't given a spot on a 53 man roster but he did land with a team not so different than ours and is being paid rather well because they realize the importance of developing young talent at the position.

With regards to these reports. Nearly all QBs look like crap when playing against our DBs. Together they are literally the best in the league. Keep in mind though that the reports of Sloter not doing well are also coming from the same people who touted Lynch as about to overthrow Trevor for the starting gig.

Lastly the issue I have with many of the comments here is that so many of the other players were touted as being great and earned their spot due to in game play. I just find it headscratching how those players somehow have their game film count as a positive and Sloter somehow with some on this board doesn't get the same consideration or credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              The conjecture is when you say that Lynch didn't go through his reads and took off if his first read was covered. It's also conjecture to say that the playbook was severely altered to run what he ran in college. That part is flat out false. In college the offense was no huddle, he would run the team to the line and use a keyword or a couple of keywords to line everyone up in an initial play, then they would look to the sideline in order to be told to run the play or which to change it to. Spread offenses in college are also overly simplistic in their design, some don't even have route trees. The Broncos current playbook is nothing like that and Lynch is expected to make calls and change plays on his own at the line, like Siemian is.

He lost the QB job because he wasn't better than Siemian, pure and simple. And yes it's disappointing that he's not further along, but without all of the information, and understanding of what the coaches have asked of him, it's not accurate to say he's made no progress.

I guess Schlereth is a liar too. Moving on
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Looks like Sloter is on the active roster for the Vikings now and signed a 3 year deal for $1.6M

I wondering if the FO completely missed on this one?

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...tract-details/
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                  Looks like Sloter is on the active roster for the Vikings now and signed a 3 year deal for $1.6M

I wondering if the FO completely missed on this one?

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...tract-details/
                  With all the guidance we provided?
                  No.
                  It was willful for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X