Raymond Kalif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymond Kalif

After the Pre Season Game vs. the Chicago Bears Do you all see Raymond Kalif as the Answer to our Kick Off and Punt Returner Issues? I thought RK showed what it takes and I for one would not be more happier that he is anointed that duty.

I think he is better than what we had last year, including himself. But, I think McKenzie will prove to be the better punt returner. And that's not a knock on Raymond. Time will tell, though.

Comment

I think Kalif Raymond has a good shot at a roster spot. Not sure about this Raymond Kalif guy, though.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        I think Kalif Raymond has a good shot at a roster spot. Not sure about this Raymond Kalif guy, though.
        Hahaha didn't even notice that. Probably read it like Raymond, Kalif. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
          After the Pre Season Game vs. the Chicago Bears Do you all see Raymond Kalif as the Answer to our Kick Off and Punt Returner Issues? I thought RK showed what it takes and I for one would not be more happier that he is anointed that duty.
          After one preseason game? No. Don't get me wrong, he looked good there, and he's apparently been making some big plays this week, but it'll be hard to justify using 2 spots on the active 45 each week for players who are really small and might only be return guys. If they have 5 active receivers each week, at least 2 of them will need to be on coverage teams, neither Raymond or McKenzie can do that.

With all due respect to Raymond, his roster spot might be decided by whether the team thinks McKenzie can return kickoffs as well, if he can (and so far they've been hesitant), then Raymond might be a practice squad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            After one preseason game? No. Don't get me wrong, he looked good there, and he's apparently been making some big plays this week, but it'll be hard to justify using 2 spots on the active 45 each week for players who are really small and might only be return guys. If they have 5 active receivers each week, at least 2 of them will need to be on coverage teams, neither Raymond or McKenzie can do that.

With all due respect to Raymond, his roster spot might be decided by whether the team thinks McKenzie can return kickoffs as well, if he can (and so far they've been hesitant), then Raymond might be a practice squad guy.
            Pretty sure they've already stated that McKenzie will be used only as a punt returner. Not kick. If I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
              Pretty sure they've already stated that McKenzie will be used only as a punt returner. Not kick. If I remember correctly.
              They did, but they said that before Henderson got hurt. Since they had initially planned on him being the starting KOR and he will be unavailable (and possibly end up on IR) then team will start to look for other options. And so it becomes what value Raymond adds in comparison to players of his same stature, VS what McKenzie (already a lock to make the team) can add with another player kept as well.

Comment

They did, but they said that before Henderson got hurt. Since they had initially planned on him being the starting KOR and he will be unavailable (and possibly end up on IR) then team will start to look for other options. And so it becomes what value Raymond adds in comparison to players of his same stature, VS what McKenzie (already a lock to make the team) can add with another player kept as well.
                Yeah, but Cody was already listed as the number one returner, take that for what it's worth. It sounds like Cody is close to a lock to make the team, so don't be surprised if he's our kick returner.

Comment

Dude played great last year too. Between him and McKenzie we should have some huge plays this year. I am really surprised with how wel McKenzie is playing. Kudos to our scouts for finding him. I've seen him in college never thought he would be where he is today. Between him and Raymond, and Charles,Henderson,Thomas ,Sanders our offense has potential. I will say finally we have some speed on Offense ,We have lacked that for the last few years

Comment

Yeah, but Cody was already listed as the number one returner, take that for what it's worth. It sounds like Cody is close to a lock to make the team, so don't be surprised if he's our kick returner.
                    There's zero doubt to me that Latimer will make the team, despite his lack of performance on offense, he's very very good on special teams, and you need players like that on the roster. I still think the team will look at McKenzie returning kickoffs, because he adds explosion. Returning punts and returning kickoffs are two very different things, but based on the story about how McKenzie reacted after dropping a punt in practice, I have no doubt he'll spend a lot of time trying to get good at it.

But if Latimer does end up as KOR1, then it also hurts Raymond's chances of making the team.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                      he is making our super deep wr spot even harder to cut down. i am thinking fowler and latimore go away but then we would need to find some good gunners.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

There's zero doubt to me that Latimer will make the team, despite his lack of performance on offense, he's very very good on special teams, and you need players like that on the roster. I still think the team will look at McKenzie returning kickoffs, because he adds explosion. Returning punts and returning kickoffs are two very different things, but based on the story about how McKenzie reacted after dropping a punt in practice, I have no doubt he'll spend a lot of time trying to get good at it.

But if Latimer does end up as KOR1, then it also hurts Raymond's chances of making the team.
                        I should say I could see McKenzie being used to return kicks in big moments. Down a score with little time on the clock and need a big return, put him in. Down a few scores and need something to happen, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
                          Dude played great last year too. Between him and McKenzie we should have some huge plays this year. I am really surprised with how wel McKenzie is playing. Kudos to our scouts for finding him. I've seen him in college never thought he would be where he is today. Between him and Raymond, and Charles,Henderson,Thomas ,Sanders our offense has potential. I will say finally we have some speed on Offense ,We have lacked that for the last few years
                          He's looks better than last year and he was better than Norwood. But, to say he was "great" last year is to diminish the value of the word.

Comment

Hahaha didn't even notice that. Probably read it like Raymond, Kalif. Lol

LOL all fun and games !

Comment

He's looks better than last year and he was better than Norwood. But, to say he was "great" last year is to diminish the value of the word.
                              He didn't get much playing time. But when he did. I will say he played very well. Only so much you can do with a handful of plays. I guess everything on these boards have to be literal. Raymond showed his flashes last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X