Raymond Kalif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I wouldn't be mad. I do like Raymond more than fowler. I just don't like the idea that he's willing to throw everything the coaches have said about McKenzie aside so easily. Lol
    I am not going to lie...there is a lot I am seeing right now which makes me truly question the motives and some of the evaluations currently being made. Raymond on the limited reps he has had showed he was a more seasoned player and IMO is just as fast as McKenzie. When I saw McKenzie he looked lost a bit and hesitated when he shouldn't have. I suppose what I am saying is that it makes ZERO sense to me why McKenzie was named a day 1 starter as a returner when they hadn't even played in a game yet....then when they do Raymond - to me at least looked like he was not only more comfortable in the return game but also looked great as a WR. McKenzie had some good catches too...but to me it just seems like this staff is not truly allowing for competition at certain positions and yet they are at others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      I am not going to lie...there is a lot I am seeing right now which makes me truly question the motives and some of the evaluations currently being made. Raymond on the limited reps he has had showed he was a more seasoned player and IMO is just as fast as McKenzie. When I saw McKenzie he looked lost a bit and hesitated when he shouldn't have. I suppose what I am saying is that it makes ZERO sense to me why McKenzie was named a day 1 starter as a returner when they hadn't even played in a game yet....then when they do Raymond - to me at least looked like he was not only more comfortable in the return game but also looked great as a WR. McKenzie had some good catches too...but to me it just seems like this staff is not truly allowing for competition at certain positions and yet they are at others.
      Agree to disagree on staff motives.

Comment

Agree to disagree on staff motives.

Totally Agree !

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          I guess I can see your perspective a little. Perhaps you might also try to look at it from another angle. McKenzie has been raved about throughout training camp by none less than Olivio. Maybe Raymond was given game time to return to see if he could show something different than he has in practice, to let the coaches get a better feel for his decisions with the ball, his vision, etc.

Assuming that could be true, that might be the very definition of competition, don't you think? Giving Raymond extra time in real game situations to evaluate him to better compare him to another player?

Coaches are not perfect and can be stubborn - some flame out spectacularly (*cough* Chip Kelly *cough*). With the new staff I am a little more inclined to believe they are not intentionally hamstringing themselves, their squad, and the team by lying to the players about their individual chances at any position.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            I guess I can see your perspective a little. Perhaps you might also try to look at it from another angle. McKenzie has been raved about throughout training camp by none less than Olivio. Maybe Raymond was given game time to return to see if he could show something different than he has in practice, to let the coaches get a better feel for his decisions with the ball, his vision, etc.

Assuming that could be true, that might be the very definition of competition, don't you think? Giving Raymond extra time in real game situations to evaluate him to better compare him to another player?

Coaches are not perfect and can be stubborn - some flame out spectacularly (*cough* Chip Kelly *cough*). With the new staff I am a little more inclined to believe they are not intentionally hamstringing themselves, their squad, and the team by lying to the players about their individual chances at any position.
            This and coaches see these guys every day. Whereas fans make major assumptions about a player after 2 or 3 repetitions...

Comment

For those upset the Broncos let him go, he was just released by the Jets after muffing a punt deep in their end late in the first half on Sunday. The turnover led to a TD against.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                For those upset the Broncos let him go, he was just released by the Jets after muffing a punt deep in their end late in the first half on Sunday. The turnover led to a TD against.
                I figured that was gonna happen when I watched that play. Kinda felt bad for him. Some players get one shot to get their career rolling and he muffed it in a big spot that blew that game wide open.
                #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  Wasn't just that punt. He has fumbled 3 times in two games. This is why you can't call for one player to start over another because of one play in the very first preseason game. Now, McKenzie has looked pretty explosive, while the other guy couldn't stay on the New York Jets. That's why I'm inclined to give the coaches' opinion on a player more consideration that saw them both all camp rather than overreactionary fans. Because, I seem to remember people calling blasphemy that we would choose McKenzie to start over Raymond...

Comment

Wasn't just that punt. He has fumbled 3 times in two games. This is why you can't call for one player to start over another because of one play in the very first preseason game. Now, McKenzie has looked pretty explosive, while the other guy couldn't stay on the New York Jets. That's why I'm inclined to give the coaches' opinion on a player more consideration that saw them both all camp rather than overreactionary fans. Because, I seem to remember people calling blasphemy that we would choose McKenzie to start over Raymond...
                    Why arent we using McKenzie as a tyrik cohen or a tyreek hill??

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                      Might be saving that. They have reportedly practiced it. That or they practiced it and didn't like him in that role. I suppose we'll have to wait and see!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                        Depending on what happens with Fowler we may see that
                        sigpic
                        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Working...
                        X