Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Siemian have to do to convince you he can be a franchise QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Siemian have to do to convince you he can be a franchise QB?

Is it simply about the numbers? How about 4,000 yards passing, 25 TDs, and a 90 QB rating? I think Trevor could achieve that. Those stats would place him solidly in the neighborhood of franchise QBs.

Or, is it more about the physical and mental tools? To me, Trevor is a decent athlete, certainly not a statue. He also has an above average arm and a compact throwing motion. A quick release, too. We've certainly seen QBs here with worse physical abilities. As far as the mental side, this is where he excels. I don't think anyone doubts his football IQ.

Perhaps, though, in the end, it's all about the postseason. Can Siemian consistently help Denver go to the playoffs? I'm not expecting him to carry an entire team on his shoulders to the SB ala John Elway, but can he pull his own weight? Maybe the only question that really matter is whether Siemian can lead this team to another SB victory.

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    Is it simply about the numbers? How about 4,000 yards passing, 25 TDs, and a 90 QB rating? I think Trevor could achieve that. Those stats would place him solidly in the neighborhood of franchise QBs.

Or, is it more about the physical and mental tools? To me, Trevor is a decent athlete, certainly not a statue. He also has an above average arm and a compact throwing motion. A quick release, too. We've certainly seen QBs here with worse physical abilities. As far as the mental side, this is where he excels. I don't think anyone doubts his football IQ.

Perhaps, though, in the end, it's all about the postseason. Can Siemian consistently help Denver go to the playoffs? I'm not expecting him to carry an entire team on his shoulders to the SB ala John Elway, but can he pull his own weight? Maybe the only question that really matter is whether Siemian can lead this team to another SB victory.
    That might do it. Didn't work for Trent Dilfer though....
    sigpic

Comment

I think it would take winning consistently especially on the road. It's a team game so it would be all on Siemian but would be nice to see him be the difference vs. relying on the defense (win vs. Bengals last season might be an example - he played well in the road against a tough defense). Another example was the /no half of the home game vs. KC last season. If he can play like that consistently then he can become a franchise QB.

Time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Come on. We all know why Dilfer won a SB that year. It wasn't because of his 1,500 yards passing, 12 TD passes, or 76 QB rating.

Comment

Come on. We all know why Dilfer won a SB that year. It wasn't because of his 1,500 yards passing, 12 TD passes, or 76 QB rating.
          ...and the very same could happen with Trevor....
          sigpic

Comment

When other teams fear him, and are afraid to leave him time on the clock.

Like Elway and Brady was and is.

Comment

Do you think Alex Smith is a franchise qb?

Comment

...and the very same could happen with Trevor....
                I highly doubt any QB in today's era would put up those kind of dreadful stats.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                  Do you think Alex Smith is a franchise qb?
                  No. Even though he's been a starting QB most of his career, I don't think he's a franchise QB.

Comment

When you can hold an open try out and 7 out of 10 guys off the street cant beat him for the starting job.......

On a serious note. When other teams actually respect his game.

Comment

How about the offense actually winning us a few games, put games out of reach in the first half when our defense balls out, or quickly march down the field an answer a score when needed. Do those things consistently while putting up any kind of avg or better stats and I will be happy.

Comment

It doesn't matter come next year Chad Kelly will be our quarterback and the check downs, the three and outs and the between the 20's quarterback will be laid to rest.

Comment

Good luck with that. There are about 20 other teams that are in need of the same.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

I will never be a good QB. In my 2nd year I had a 58% completion percentage, was known as Mr. Dink after posting 6.5 per attempt, threw 22 TD and 14 INTs to go along with my 5 fumbles, only won 9 games. Surprised I was not demoted to 3rd string...

Signed,

Matt Ryan
                            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

So according to you Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers, Derek Carr, Dak Prescot wouldn't be good enough.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                              X