Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to Burn Down the Hall of Fame

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
    The only reason I can think is that they didn't like that fur coat he was wearing in Cleveland during "THE DRIVE"
    I think he was clapping and saying "c'mon Johnny boy"
    Or something to that effect.
    Other than That, I see no other reason for him not already being in The HOF.
    I will have to say that should be among his list of accomplishments! They should lay out his full NFL body of work and the display th pic of him m in the fur and challenge has any owner worn a full length fur this well? Heck, Mr.B is the main reason I own a fur myself!!!!
    #swapping

    Comment


    • #17
      They're waiting for him to die.

      Comment


      • #18
        A part of me wonders if there's some unspoken rule that you can't have too many players or representatives from a team go in to the Hall back to back years. I wonder if TD getting in hurt Mr Bowlen at all.
        2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ChupaThingy View Post
          A part of me wonders if there's some unspoken rule that you can't have too many players or representatives from a team go in to the Hall back to back years. I wonder if TD getting in hurt Mr Bowlen at all.
          Considering all the years we've had zero Broncos elected I'd say they owe us a few back-to-back year inductees
          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Mr. Bowlen being snubbed again is a joke and absolutely ridiculous. Unbelievable!

            I read Bobby Beathard's contributions and didn't really see them except what he did for his teams, nothing about his contributions to the league at all.

            Yep..Certainly is Ridiculous.All bias/fake mainstream media/establishment driven.The city of Denver and its constituents(including Denver Broncos) are just some inbred hicks according to those that hold power on the east coast and west coast.Cant remember the last time I saw a movie where someone from the American south was not depicted as an inbred,racist complete idiot in a Hollywood movie.

            Its like a pre-requisite of any Hollywood movie that any one from the South must be the totally dumbest person in the movie.Wonder how the gender political types would react if any other "group" were depicted that way.99% of the western world is so against the media establishment of the USA Elites other than the media outlets of the western world who seem to be the little butt puppets for CNN etc.

            Comment


            • #21
              I called in to our local Sports Talk show this evening here in Oklahoma, The Sports Animal, and spoke to the host, Al Ashbech, about some of our ideas on here concerning the Pro Football HOF. I never saw Randy Gradisher play, so I asked Al what he remembered of him, and his words, "I remember him as a Dominant defensive player." I asked if he thought he was worthy of the HOF, and he said he would think so.

              I then asked his thoughts on the bias from HOF voters for large market, original franchises, and he admitted that their players get more hype, making it easier for their players to make it to the HOF.

              Finally, I asked him if Jerome Bettis makes the HOF if he doesn't play for the Steelers. His response was he's not sure. If Bettis had played for the Chargers (his words), he's not 100% sure Jerome is in.

              It just goes to show you guys, others recognize the bias. Al is a NY Giants fan, but he too thinks it's biased. I'm to the point in my life, really after Bettis got in, I don't really care. I'll root for my Broncos if and when they are inducted, but I'm not letting those voters determine to me who is the best of the best.
              Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
              Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
              Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                I called in to our local Sports Talk show this evening here in Oklahoma, The Sports Animal, and spoke to the host, Al Ashbech, about some of our ideas on here concerning the Pro Football HOF. I never saw Randy Gradisher play, so I asked Al what he remembered of him, and his words, "I remember him as a Dominant defensive player." I asked if he thought he was worthy of the HOF, and he said he would think so.

                I then asked his thoughts on the bias from HOF voters for large market, original franchises, and he admitted that their players get more hype, making it easier for their players to make it to the HOF.

                Finally, I asked him if Jerome Bettis makes the HOF if he doesn't play for the Steelers. His response was he's not sure. If Bettis had played for the Chargers (his words), he's not 100% sure Jerome is in.

                It just goes to show you guys, others recognize the bias. Al is a NY Giants fan, but he too thinks it's biased. I'm to the point in my life, really after Bettis got in, I don't really care. I'll root for my Broncos if and when they are inducted, but I'm not letting those voters determine to me who is the best of the best.
                As long as media and sports media in particular are dominated by those that live in the Northeast (New York); teams outside of that region are going to have a tougher time than those in that region getting players in. The Bettis example is a perfect example of if he was with a team not in the northeast he might not get in.

                I think this bias will change soon as media is changing with the use of the internet allowing media to be influential outside of New York.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  I wish people would just stop caring about the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. It's just a media circle choosing their friends and the players from the teams they like. As if a player like Terrell Davis or an owner like Pat Bowlen needed the recognition from that specific media circle to validate their accomplishments. I would not care one bit if they removed all Broncos material from their Hall. Their opinions and votes are irrelevant to me. Oh, so this is your Hall Of Fame? Whatever.
                  I pretty much have this approach. The HOF is a popularity contest and our team is not very popular. I am happy when a Bronco gets in, but for the most part most of it is a joke.

                  When I see guys like Curtis Martin and Bettis getting there in front of TD...I mean, that's not even funny. The HOF is like a badly judged boxing match....

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by coffee View Post
                    When I see guys like Curtis Martin and Bettis getting there in front of TD...I mean, that's not even funny. The HOF is like a badly judged boxing match....
                    The problem with the NFL HoF (or the rock and roll HoF, or any HoF for that matter) is that the people running it start out well by honoring those truly deserving and it has meaning. Then as the years go by, the truly great are all inducted and the Hall has to begin lowering the bar to stay relevant to modern day fans so lesser talents now pass the test and are celebrated. Add to that the bias of the voting committee (Bettis & Martin before TD, Kenny Easley before Atwater, Jerry Jones before Mr B...or in the rock and roll HoF, Run DMC and Janet Jackson before Yes & Rush) and you have an institution that gets less and less about objectively honoring greatness and more and more about pandering to the whims of those running the show. Getting inducted to the HoF these days is less about making the honor roll and more about being a member of the cool kids club...and as we all know, our Broncos are NOT a member of the NFL cool kids club. The best revenge we can have is to continue our place as the winningest NFL franchise of the past 33 years
                    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                      The problem with the NFL HoF (or the rock and roll HoF, or any HoF for that matter) is that the people running it start out well by honoring those truly deserving and it has meaning. Then as the years go by, the truly great are all inducted and the Hall has to begin lowering the bar to stay relevant to modern day fans so lesser talents now pass the test and are celebrated. Add to that the bias of the voting committee (Bettis & Martin before TD, Kenny Easley before Atwater, Jerry Jones before Mr B...or in the rock and roll HoF, Run DMC and Janet Jackson before Yes & Rush) and you have an institution that gets less and less about objectively honoring greatness and more and more about pandering to the whims of those running the show. Getting inducted to the HoF these days is less about making the honor roll and more about being a member of the cool kids club...and as we all know, our Broncos are NOT a member of the NFL cool kids club. The best revenge we can have is to continue our place as the winningest NFL franchise of the past 33 years




                      Exactly.Nothing better than giving the bird(with sustained success) to an establishment trying to make you a second class citizen.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Terell owens is a far bigger HOF snub than Bowlen.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                          Terell owens is a far bigger HOF snub than Bowlen.

                          Uh..... no not even close.

                          I do love this Headline from 2014 though ( Toronto Sun, Canada)

                          NFL:
                          Canadian owner Pat Bowlen, battling Alzheimer's, resigns as CEO of Denver Broncos

                          ( bolded by me )

                          and an excerpt:

                          The Broncos are to Denver, what the Maple Leafs are to Toronto.

                          It is a city obsessed with its football team. Perhaps, because it had an owner obsessed with giving them one. An owner who one day is destined for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. He could just as easily be headed for the Canadian Football Hall of Fame.

                          Many have forgotten where Bowlen started. Bowlen, himself, never forgot.

                          One of the greatest joys in his life came as a member of the Edmonton Huskies team that won Canadian junior titles from 1962 to 1964. He spoke at the Huskies’ 50th anniversary dinner to raise money for a new clubhouse, and he loved the CFL, even bringing NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue to his former hometown for the 1997 Grey Cup.

                          “The Canadian game is a great game. I don’t think there were many Eskimos games I missed over the years. And certainly no Grey Cups,” he once told Edmonton Sun columnist Terry Jones. “I remember going to Clarke Stadium as a kid when my dad smuggled me in under his coat. Canadian football is a sacred thing.”

                          The son of a wealthy oilman, Bowlen earned his own billions in real estate, and as an Edmonton lawyer. He and partner Pete Batoni built Edmonton’s Commonwealth Stadium for $18.2 million. He wanted to buy the Montreal Alouettes at one time.

                          “But the French Canadians didn’t want an English-speaking Canadian owning the team back then, so Pat started looking at the NFL,” Fred Fleming, who has spent a quarter-century as Bowlen’s confidante and right-hand man, told Jones.

                          Bowlen approached Edgar Kaiser and bought a Broncos’ franchise that was facing bankruptcy, for $78 million.
                          Last edited by EddieMac; 08-30-2017, 09:49 AM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            DT was heard screaming : Take Jones out of the HOF and put Mr. B !

                            Hope our players start doing more stuff like that
                            sigpic

                            Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X