Year 2 under Siemian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year 2 under Siemian

i expect to be alot more smooth then year 1. these guy as in DT ES and TS have a year of working together now. they know a lot more how each other think in the game. i think this is the year Sieman makes the step or ends up as back up QB it may take year 3 because of the new system. but i really feel the chemistry between these 3 will see there stats increase from being more comfortable and already working together.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Agree! I think Trevor will end up having a big year!

Comment

Kubiak/Dennison had such unimaginative play calling. If we can mix it up and do whatever it takes to move the chains. McCoy's creativity will certainly help Trevor.

Comment

I don't expect much to change from year one as the preseason proved. Trevor is who he is!

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
          Kubiak/Dennison had such unimaginative play calling. If we can mix it up and do whatever it takes to move the chains. McCoy's creativity will certainly help Trevor.
          The issues might be more than last season's play calling, don't you think? If that is true then I do not understand why there would there have been a QB competition in the off-season or a competition that lasted as long as it did.

I hope Trevor makes the leap from what seems to be an above average backup to a starting caliber QB and that the experience from last year reaps dividends in to this season.

Comment

Von says Trevor is looking more and more like Manning...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-manning/

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

Peyton Manning 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                The issues might be more than last season's play calling, don't you think? If that is true then I do not understand why there would there have been a QB competition in the off-season or a competition that lasted as long as it did.

I hope Trevor makes the leap from what seems to be an above average backup to a starting caliber QB and that the experience from last year reaps dividends in to this season.
                The only reason the competition lasted longer than it did was because the Broncos wanted Paxton to win it. TS would have been named the starter the 2nd or 3rd week of camp if it was a truly fair competition.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  The only reason the competition lasted longer than it did was because the Broncos wanted Paxton to win it. TS would have been named the starter the 2nd or 3rd week of camp if it was a truly fair competition.
                  I agree. I almost had the feeling that is was like 2 out of 3. Make it 3 out of 5. Now it's 4 out of 7...with the Broncos looking for Lynch to win the job.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                    It wasn't play calling, it was execution. You can call a play over and over with the defense knowing it's coming, if you can execute the play. You can call a play that completely stuns the D but they stop, if you can't execute.

As an example the Saints (I believe it was them and not the Falcons) called a simple lead play over and over all the way down the field, because Ironhead Hayward was absolutely destroying The Boz with his lead blocks. The story goes that The Boz actually ended up crying on the field because of the hits he took from Hayward on the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                      Peyton Manning 2.0

Hopefully he means Manning 2012-13 and not Manning 2015.

Comment

I have no doubt that played in to the course of everything, but if Siemian is / was head and shoulders above Lynch, it stands to reason that Siemian would have been named the starter much earlier and the offense would have prepared for the season with that in mind. That they didn't leads me to think that the new staff did not see in Siemian what they wanted from a de facto starter, e.g., have the competition to push both to see what the team has in each.

Hopefully the game slows down for Siemian and he can make the throws is capable of making, just slow on the read sometimes... I really hope he shines this season, but I'll temper that enthusiasm just a little

Comment

I'm truly hoping with Lynch fizzling out, he will not be a distraction to TS at all this season. And hopefully with the team putting their support behind him, he will play like a leader and eliminate a need for another competition next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                            Peyton Manning 2.0
                            Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            Hopefully he means Manning 2012-13 and not Manning 2015.

Brock might not mind the 2015 Manning

Actually, to me that is a high praise from Miller. He's been around the block enough and experienced first hand what Manning brought to the position which was intelligence, intuition, hard work, and leadership.

Siemian is fortunate to have been able to see Manning at work on the field and at the facility and strikes me as a guy who can emulate those traits well. Add to that Trevor is much more athletic so if he can marry the mental part of Manning to his own abilities he'll do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

What is Von gonna say? Trevor is looking more and more like Alex Smith? lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X