Year 2 under Siemian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    This offense looked really good last night right up until they let up a little in the 4th. Trevor is showing you don't need to call a safe game for him, and I thought he showed that last year as well. If you want to chew the clock up fine, go run run. Then on 3rd and long let him find a good matchup down field and put the game away, he hadn't let the team down all night. Great game other than that series that shifted the momentum. Trevor should only improve, especially if we can get some better pass blocking.
    I agree. He took his training wheels off last night and overall looked much more comfortable and loose. If he has the intellect his teammates claim, he should clean up some of those mistakes like the sacks he took, when and how to run, etc.

It's up to the coaches to start game planning with what he can do as opposed to playing it safe and conservative.

Comment

• I love my team! That is all!
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        I love my team! That is all!
        How could you not love these "guys, here on the field, from up close, just watching Coach Vance Joseph from here. You watch him now on the screen.”

Comment

• This is amazing....

I mean let me start out by saying I am a big fan of Trevor. I like the underdog winning...but never in my time in these boards do I think I have seen Cory defend a player with this vehemence....I like it!
          New England Patriots GM

Comment

• I thought he played well.

The sacks were mostly on the offensive line, the rush was there as soon as he'd completed his drop back. The INT should have been PI, awful call by the officials.

The only thing that made me gasp was how loose Siemian was with the football on his scrambles. That's on tape now, and players will be looking to knock it out in future games.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              It was thrown where only Sanders could get his hands on it, and he had both hands on the ball.

I'll say this, were the roles reversed and that was Paxton's game, we'd be having an entirely different conversation.
              I agree 100% I was not wanting trevor as our QB (not lynch at this point either ) but that throw was almost perfect, Manny will be saying "I should have caught that ball".
              GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Siemien has a command of the offense. He even checked into run plays when he knew the pass wasn't the best option. He drew charger players offsides with the hard count I think twice. I'm impressed with the poise.

Alarming is he needs to have a bit of a better feel in the pocket. However is it Siemien or was it more Watson because he was getting beat on like a drum. Siemien had little time back there, especially late.

Siemien made clutch throws when the Broncos needed it. The pass to Green was big time. When he got the chargers to jump in the red zone finding Fowler for the TD was also big time. He fit the ball perfectly to Thomas as well on the sideline.

One last thing I liked Siemien trusting his legs a few times even joking his way to the endzone. He's winning over that locker room a play at a time and if he's healthy coupled with our defense I think we will be in every game this year.

I'm going to keep a grade going and I'd give Siemien a solid B but more on the B+ side and at the end of the year I'll do an average on how I think Siemien played. So far so good though. If anything Siemien is going to make it hard to unseat him. Only one week so let's see how he fares against Dallas this Sunday.
                :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  How could you not love these "guys, here on the field, from up close, just watching Coach Vance Joseph from here. You watch him now on the screen.”
                  Who was that guy? I felt sorry for him, painful sideline reporting.

Comment

• Protect Trevor, Broncos will be set @ QB for years to come !!! His passes are always very catchable too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      I don't have to worry about any of that, because I'm not going to need to.

You're already prefacing for a bad performance. Every bad throw he makes, every time he throws short of the marker or holds on to the ball too long, which hand will you pat yourself on the back with?
                      LOL! Touche. Trevor looked great. Best QB play we've had since Mannings wheels started falling off. I was impressed with his aggression and his pin point accuracy with velocity. That pumped me up to see this offense get into a rhythm. Want to see those packages for the small guys Coach referenced.
                      But biggest concern now has to be keeping TS upright. He took way too many hits last night. That isnt sustainable.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunningWolf View Post
                        LOL! Touche. Trevor looked great. Best QB play we've had since Mannings wheels started falling off. I was impressed with his aggression and his pin point accuracy with velocity. That pumped me up to see this offense get into a rhythm. Want to see those packages for the small guys Coach referenced.
                        But biggest concern now has to be keeping TS upright. He took way too many hits last night. That isnt sustainable.
                        Completely agree. He also holds the ball a little loose while scrambling. Gotta clean that up.

He looks confident. He's not gonna get the hook because, well, there's no one left right now. Hopefully he builds on that
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          it's one game..... he looked good but his true potential is still yet to be determined.....
                          Ok, now it is two games and looking better than the first, i.e., showing true improvement. Still need to see more? Or do you believe yet?
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                          X