Post game --- Chargers and Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game --- Chargers and Broncos

The play calling was to conservative the last 8 mins of the forth. It goes to show that you should not sit on a lead but play to win. Denver will play more difficult teams moving forward and I hope the play calling does not get to conservative. At least we got a win.

Running game was good. Trevor did good overall. Watson on the O line was poor. Defense had issues with the run. Miller was shut down. Good 4th down stop.

McCoy got us to the Super Bowl bro

Comment

Originally posted by kagge View Post
      The play calling was to conservative the last 8 mins of the forth. It goes to show that you should not sit on a lead but play to win. Denver will play more difficult teams moving forward and I hope the play calling does not get to conservative. At least we got a win.

Running game was good. Trevor did good overall. Watson on the O line was poor. Defense had issues with the run. Miller was shut down. Good 4th down stop.
      Play calling is conservative when you don't convert, if the Broncos had converted a run or two and all of a sudden McCoy kept his foot on the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Play calling is conservative when you don't convert, if the Broncos had converted a run or two and all of a sudden McCoy kept his foot on the gas.
        Right. We had a freak interception and a fumble that wasn't a fumble. On a good run, might I add. Those were what hurt us. Not play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by kagge View Post

And, what? Denver had two runs where they gave up yards they probably shouldn't have. But the gave up 64 yards on 22 carries, which translates to an average of 2.9 yards per carry.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
            That was Gase

Comment

Run-run-chuck-punt isn't conducive to converting

Comment

He ran 3 run plays in a row. Then we ran a predictable pass. Heck when Rex Ryan calls our play 20 seconds in advance of us even lining up...weve got a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                  That was Gase
                  Sheesh, I've given him too much credit

Comment

Run-run-chuck-punt isn't conducive to converting
                    I guess I watched a different game than you. Especially since Denver was running the ball effectively. Not sure if you want pass-pass-pass? But that's not the way to win football games. The throw down the field (to Green) late was a great play call right after momentum was going the other way. And then they gave up sacks trying to throw on second and third down, which is aggressive play calling given the situation.

Comment

The biggest issues were from the refs blowing three calls. On top of that, Leary going out was a big deal. The defense from LAC discovered Watson pretty early on that he was the weak link compared to Bolles, and starting abusing him from the 3rd quarter. This is where Elway needs to take some heat for not picking up a real RT. It's been 3 years since we had a solid RT, and each season it is the difference between the offense getting stuffed or the QB driving down to a TD. Trevor threw a huge 44 yard bomb that also got 15 yards added to it, but it got taken away from bad pass protection and led to multiple sacks. Watson is bad, bad, bad. He should never have been signed, but for whatever reason Elway wants to go cheap at RT
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I guess I watched a different game than you. Especially since Denver was running the ball effectively. Not sure if you want pass-pass-pass? But that's not the way to win football games. The throw down the field (to Green) late was a great play call right after momentum was going the other way. And then they gave up sacks trying to throw on second and third down, which is aggressive play calling given the situation.
                        Me and Rex Ryan were calling our plays. Check my posts in the game thread. I'm an idiot and I knew what was coming. We turtled hard with our play calling. It almost cost us a blowout game

Comment

That was in the past and did we win?

Comment

Me and Rex Ryan were calling our plays. Check my posts in the game thread. I'm an idiot and I knew what was coming. We turtled hard with our play calling. It almost cost us a blowout game
                            Yep, play calling, not the interception and fumble...

You have a 50% chance of calling plays correctly, congrats on being right more than wrong.

Comment

Yep, play calling, not the interception and fumble...

You have a 50% chance of calling plays correctly, congrats on being right more than wrong.
                              Well, thank you. I'll be here all season

Comment

Working...
                              X