How bout them Cowboys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout them Cowboys?

This will probably be one of the best offenses Denver faces all year. They sure as hell can run, and they can catch too with guys like Bryant, Beasley, and Witten. The D must contain Elliott and not allow a bunch of time consuming drives. When Dak does pass, we've got to get some pressure on him.

The offense also has to do its part to keep Dallas off the field. The problem is, Dallas had the #1 run defense last year. I doubt we'll rush for 140 yards the way we did against the Chargers. I think the key will be Siemian. Dallas doesn't have the pass rushers that L.A. did. Hopefully Trevor will have more time to throw the ball and make plays down the field. If Denver can get a decent lead and force Dallas to throw more, that would be good.

Dallas ain't beat Denver since 1995. Ain't happening Sunday either! I think Denver matches up well....

Dak spreads the ball around and we're pretty deep in the secondary. I'm only worried about no Ward and matching up with Witten.

Comment

Dallas had the best run defense because they drained the clock, so it's not like they were the best independently on each side.

With that said, if we limit Zeke we will win. Gordon finished with 3YPC, if we keep Zeke under 3.5 I'd love our chances.
      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

This game will be a true test for our run defense and defense on general. The truth is that I think Dallas will score a good amount of points as well as get their fair share of decent runs. That line they have is probably best in the league. That said, they still have a young QB who can make mistakes.

Dez vs Talib should be a good matchup. Historically, we've never done well against TEs, but we did very well against Gates. Harris should be able to cover Beasley as well. My only real concern is Zeke. If anything, Dallas might attack us the same way the Chargers used Gordan. Honestly, this might be the best scenario for us anyways.

Personally, I think this game will come down to how our offense performs, mainly Siemian. On defense they're probably going to stack the box, shut down the run, and sit on our short routes. Siemian will need to prove himself but this also means our line needs to do its job. Will be keeping a close eye on Watson.

I think we'll need at least 24-27 points to win

Comment

We might have met out match. Great online. Great runner. Mobile qb and good TE play.

Everything that plays to our weaknesses and counters our strengths.
          sigpic

Comment

If the Dallas D can't get as much pressure off the edge as LAC then Siemian will make plays. DT, Sanders, and Fowler looked pretty good with TS under almost constant attack. Give TS another 1-3 seconds of pass pro per play and he slices up their pass D. If Denver pulls that off then their run game will open up and they can hit a nice balance on Offense. I will be interested in how they (the Broncos) staff up their O-Line this week. On the side our D has their work cut out for them. I think the Broncos need to find a way to get deeper on the D line. Deeper with impact players who can make plays and keep fresh via rotation. If Denver doesn't have fresh play makers on the D-Line available then they aren't going to stop Dallas' Offense. They'll be done by the 4th quarter, and our only hope for a win is a surprisingly productive day form our Offense.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
              Dallas had the best run defense because they drained the clock, so it's not like they were the best independently on each side.

With that said, if we limit Zeke we will win. Gordon finished with 3YPC, if we keep Zeke under 3.5 I'd love our chances.
              We hold Elliot to less than 100 and less than 4 ypc, we should win, unless the turnover bug hits again
              sigpic

Comment

Since Von came into his own we have been very strong against mobile QB's not named Russel Wilson, and it will be a relief for Trevor not having AFCW pass rushers to fight against. The key is whether our secondary is "your friendly skies" or the "no flight zone" - it sure would be nice to still have Ward as an enforcer.

Comment

Talib on Dez, Harris on Beasely, and our safeties on Witten. Improved run D. I love the matchup. I think we have a great opportunity to shut them down. Zeke should be serving a suspension... pretty wild he is going to play all season, but hopefully we can keep him contained.

Comment

I like the matchup and look forward to what should be a great game. Siemian will hopefully have a little more time against the Cowboys and if so, watch out.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

two keys

1. oline...if they can shore up that protection, Watson quit wiffing...maybe chip here an there and open up running lanes...our offense can beat their defense

2. of course the defense must stop zeke, and match up against good wrs...but to me the biggest issue is the pass rush...we must get to Dak, we must sack him, pressure him...if we stop or limit zeke, but allow dak to just sit behind his wall and wait for someone to get open....we in trouble
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                        I like the matchup and look forward to what should be a great game. Siemian will hopefully have a little more time against the Cowboys and if so, watch out.
                        agreed - the chargers have far more play makers on D than the Boys do.

Comment

I am worried about our home field advantage this Sunday!

I try to go to every home game. I maybe have missed two in the last 10 years. I have been on the waiting list for season tickets for 9+ years. This is not a request for tickets (though I won't complain if anyone wants to offer me some!)

I am seriously concerned about us losing our home field advantage this Sunday. Tickets for this Broncos/Cowboys game are more expensive than ANY game I have seen in the last 10 years. That includes the playoff games. The cheapest single ticket out there (ticket exchange, stubhub, seatgeek, etc) is $300! This is quite literally the cheapest seat. No exaggeration. If you want to buy two tickets and sit next to someone you know, it's much more than that.

I cannot imagine NOT being at this huge game, but I also cannot justify that expense. I am afraid there are many other Broncos fans just like me. I know two people personally who have sold their tickets to this game (both of them to Cowboys fans) for $400+ per ticket. If I personally know two people who have done this, how many more do you think are out there? The Cowboys fans don't mind paying out the nose, because it's the ONE game they'll go to all year if they live in Denver.

I remember one year where the Steelers fans took over. It was embarrassing. I am afraid we may be about to witness the same thing.

I just want to add that for comparison- the cheapest seat for this past Monday's game was about $100.
                          Last edited by shygirl; 09-13-2017, 10:23 AM.
                          Proud to be a lifelong crazed woman and descendant of a Colorado "century family"! (My family has been here since at least 1840)

Comment

I like the Broncos but I am also a realist. We are going against the best team in the league this weekend. They were the best team last year along with the Patriots and had a hiccup against the Packers in the playoffs but they are even better this year. Cowboys secondary is better, they have better pass rushers and Dak will only get better. We don't really have a chance (well, everyone has a chance of winning) of beating them but I am confident we will win our division even with the Chiefs playing well.

Cowboys win this by at least 14 points in my view.

Comment

The Dallas fans will get there fair share of tickets. But fear not we will still have a large advantage.

Did you see all the Orange Monday night?? I was so proud of our fan base and they were rocking. Of course Los Angelos probably didn't even know that was their team out there. Not like the Chargers had a good fan base to begin with.

I expect it to still be a rocking large orange crowd.

If we lose it will be because Dallas is a superior team not because our fans aren't loud.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X