Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan "Sunshine" Taylor

What's his status?

Is he hurt or way down on the depth chart?

I thought for sure after seeing Bennie Fowler on the field so much that "Sunshine" would play as well, alternating with Fowler as the #3 WRs.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 09-15-2017, 06:48 AM.

Jordan is unfortunately being wasted on our team. As much as I'd love to keep him, I kind of hope he gets an opportunity elsewhere. I think he could be a #2 on a lot of teams.

Comment

Sunshine was inactive Vs the Chargers. With Fowler's 2 TD game, Sunshine may be inactive again this weekend against the Cowboys.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

I'd really like to see him on the outside and move Sanders in the slot. Sunshine isn't a speedster, but can definitely use his size and above average hands on the outside and in the endzone. I was surprised as well that he didn't show up Monday night.

Comment

I guess Latimer is our 4th WR. I think Taylor could be a big help in the RZ because of our TE situation, but Fowler did have 2 TDs last week.

Comment

Well if you try yourself to figure out who the inactives on gameday will be than maybe it might be understandable. I really like him and hope he gets more playing time I think he could be very helpful to our passing game ... but 7 players have to be inactive. This week it might be even more necessary to have as many DL active as possible to rotate in to play against Dallas' OL/running attack. Now Crick out and Rubin in; is Rubin going to be ready by Sunday? I doubt it, so there is one inactive but leaves us with 6 DL as opposed to 7 DL , should be enough although it would be convenient to have 7 against Dallas.
            2 = Paxton, 3 = Langley? banged up knee, 4 = Booker, 5 = Ron Leary due to concussion? or it will likely be Turner, still need 2 more at this point. McKenzie is returning punts so he is active, is Darian Stewart going to be ready? sounds like he will be. With Langley out can you inactivate Doss? Tough to figure out and still have Taylor active ... the last 2 is probably Jamal Carter and Taylor. At some point in the season WRs will likely get banged up some and Taylor will be needed. If you swap him out for another player, the player you have in his place will be just as subject to being inactive too.

I would like them to do away with the inactive rule, but that isn't reality right now and probably won't be.
            Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 09-15-2017, 08:09 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I can imagine his agent grumbling about a trade. He would be a breakout player on another team. Kinda hard when your #1 and #2 receivers are written in stone and you have a young QB.

Comment

FYI

I'm not knocking Fowler at all...I've always liked both him and Taylor's potential and was just hoping they'd both see quality time this season.

Comment

Why not put Sunshine as a receiving Tight End?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                    Why not put Sunshine as a receiving Tight End?
                    Because if he's a "Tight End" he would have to play on the LoS at some point and he doesn't have the body for that at all. If he was a TE that doesn't, then he would just be a receiver.

Comment

He doesn't offer the same special teams value McKenzie, Fowler, and Latimer offer. Fowler is a faster option and he played really well Monday night, I was expecting him and Taylor to rotate on and off but if he can emerge as a redzone threat then we won't see that. McKenzie is the return man so he won't be inactive.

Latimer plays on almost all the special teams units and apparently has a role as an inline blocker on offense. Sure that isn't what you want out of a 2nd round receiver but he's contributing in his own little niche. If he keeps hanging around he may eventually learn the offense and offer more as a WR. But it's the other things that he does that's keeping him above Taylor right now.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                        Well if you try yourself to figure out who the inactives on gameday will be than maybe it might be understandable. I really like him and hope he gets more playing time I think he could be very helpful to our passing game ... but 7 players have to be inactive. This week it might be even more necessary to have as many DL active as possible to rotate in to play against Dallas' OL/running attack. Now Crick out and Rubin in; is Rubin going to be ready by Sunday? I doubt it, so there is one inactive but leaves us with 6 DL as opposed to 7 DL , should be enough although it would be convenient to have 7 against Dallas.
                        2 = Paxton, 3 = Langley? banged up knee, 4 = Booker, 5 = Ron Leary due to concussion? or it will likely be Turner, still need 2 more at this point. McKenzie is returning punts so he is active, is Darian Stewart going to be ready? sounds like he will be. With Langley out can you inactivate Doss? Tough to figure out and still have Taylor active ... the last 2 is probably Jamal Carter and Taylor. At some point in the season WRs will likely get banged up some and Taylor will be needed. If you swap him out for another player, the player you have in his place will be just as subject to being inactive too.

I would like them to do away with the inactive rule, but that isn't reality right now and probably won't be.
                        We only had 5 DL active against the Chargers. I think we will roll with 6 this week with Kerr coming back. Rubin will likely be inactive as he gets acclimated to the playbook and the altitude. Peko, Gotsis, Kerr, Wolfe, Harris, and Jarrett should be our DL for the Cowboys.

Honestly I'm surprised we went with Rubin vs signing Darius Kilgo off the Jags PS or even Vance Walker. Kilgo is younger and would have a better grasp on the playbook and could contribute immediately. Plus he's been on super bowl winning teams his first two seasons, he might be the key to winning every year we'll see if the Jags can confirm that this year lol
                        Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-15-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          We only had 5 DL active against the Chargers. I think we will roll with 6 this week with Kerr coming back. Rubin will likely be inactive as he gets acclimated to the playbook and the altitude. Peko, Gotsis, Kerr, Wolfe, Harris, and Jarrett should be our DL for the Cowboys.
                          Yes, I agree. I would be majorly concerned if we only went with just 5 DL against Dallas' running game. Although we did line up with just 2 DL a number of times against the Chargers and still did fine against the run, Dallas is a different story though. Still difficult to figure out who will be inactive, at this time it looks like Taylor will be inactive again.
                          sigpic

Comment

It would be really interesting to see Jordan gain 40-50 lbs. He could be electric as a TE, but I'm not sure he has the ability to gain that type of weight. He looks like he has the metabolism of a jack rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                              It would be really interesting to see Jordan gain 40-50 lbs. He could be electric as a TE, but I'm not sure he has the ability to gain that type of weight. He looks like he has the metabolism of a jack rabbit.
                              Yeah he has a wiry frame that benefits from him height. He plays very well though so I imagine if at any point DT or Sanders head out of the game he'll be first up.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X