Crick to IR, Rubin signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crick to IR, Rubin signed

Broncos DL Jared Crick is undergoing back surgery and will have a "lengthy absence."
    According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Crick could be headed to I.R. We'd bet on it after the Broncos signed DT Ahtyba Rubin on Friday morning. Crick didn't play Week 1 and was rather terrible across 938 snaps last season
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7508/jared-crick

Apparently we signed Ahtyaba Rubin in his place

Broncos signed DT Ahtyba Rubin, formerly of the Seahawks.
    Rubin, 31, was dumped by the Seahawks at final cuts after they traded for Sheldon Richardson. The Broncos' defensive front needs help; NT Domata Peko and DT Jared Crick are below-average starters. Rubin isn't much of an upgrade, but he's worth a flier to help try and shore up this defense.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4932/ahtyba-rubin
    sigpic

Not good news about Crick. Our DL is thin, thin, thin. I'm surprised it took so long for us to sign Rubin. I figured we would have picked him up as soon as he was cut.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Is Rubin such a bad player?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Is Rubin such a bad player?
        I mean, he's not great, but if we're being brutally honest, neither is crick so it's kind of a wash.
        sigpic

Comment

Rubin is ~335lbs so it does add more beef. Domata below average? I don't agree with that, maybe not a all pro caliber but he isn't "below average" either. It looks like we'll need to be looking at the DL in the offseason, Rubin will have to do at this time.
          sigpic

Comment

With how Crick played last year Ahtyba is probably an upgrade.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              Rubin is ~335lbs so it does add more beef. Domata below average? I don't agree with that, maybe not a all pro caliber but he isn't "below average" either. It looks like we'll need to be looking at the DL in the offseason, Rubin will have to do at this time.
              It would be wonderful if Adam Gotsis stepped up. In hindsight, I'm a little surprised we didn't draft a DE in the mid-late rounds of the last draft.

Comment

Crick was awful in the run game (Orlando steamrolled him twice). We were willing to trade for Ruben and got him for nothing. Awesome value here.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                  It would be wonderful if Adam Gotsis stepped up. In hindsight, I'm a little surprised we didn't draft a DE in the mid-late rounds of the last draft.
                  Lol we did, DeMarcus Walker but so far we've made them into an outside line backer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    Lol we did, DeMarcus Walker but so far we've made them into an outside line backer.
                    lol gotsis stepped up big time and was awesome against the run. crick is a huge liability and i never liked him. Glad hes gone to be honest. He was so overrated because he had a few batted down passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I mean, he's not great, but if we're being brutally honest, neither is crick so it's kind of a wash.
                      I really don't know too much about him. The alpha wanna be's in Seattle just kind of made me sick to even look at them. Lol

But at this point it looks like it's a depth move.
                      After the way Adam Gotsis and Shelby Harris played on Monday night, I'm pretty confident that the Broncos the Dline will be OK. Maybe not so much against the Cowboys, that remains to be seen but if they both like they did on Monday we should be fine. Anyway aleast we have a big body back up, depth at the position if we can call it that.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                        lol gotsis stepped up big time and was awesome against the run. crick is a huge liability and i never liked him. Glad hes gone to be honest. He was so overrated because he had a few batted down passes.
                        This may sound like an ignorant comment but I don't believe that it was Jared Cricks. Malik Jackson had a lot of bad down passes and we saw a Monday night what Shelby Harris was able to do against the Chargers so if I had to guess I would say that it's a coaching thing. These boys are coached up at the position to make plays like such so I agree that Crick just may be overrated. I wasn't impressed with his play at all in fact I was somewhat disappointed in his lack of production.

However I do hope he has a speedy and successful recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                          Not good news about Crick. Our DL is thin, thin, thin. I'm surprised it took so long for us to sign Rubin. I figured we would have picked him up as soon as he was cut.
                          It was contractual, no doubt. The guy had a pretty big contract and wasn't worth his value to the Seahawks once they got Sheldon (3yr, $12m). He was looked at by the Bills and 49ers but decided not to sign with either. Reports are saying he was waiting for Denver, as he wanted to sign with a contender.

He's a big man that plays well against the run. It doesn't give us the ideal pass rushing/pocket pushing ability in the middle... so, I think he's more in the mold of a Peko.

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                          DeMarcus Walker, 2nd round.

Comment

We probably shouldn't be discouraged if out DL gets push around some this week. The Cowboys OL is really good. It appeared there was improvement over last year on DL play against the Chargers. Gotsis, Harris, Peko and even Jarret looked up for the challenge. Rubin should be a solid replacement too.

Comment

I think we waited for monetary reasons. But, he's been very stout against the run in the past. He doesn't add anything to our passrushing. So, I think this was a quality pickup based on our pass defense being a little more of a sure thing at this point. Whereas our run D needs more proof of being much improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X